ADVERTISEMENT

Jason Loscalzo

kougkurt

Hall Of Fame
Nov 19, 2011
leaving WSU to be the strength and conditioning coach for the Chicago Bears. Don’t really know him, but from what I’ve heard he has worked magic and was very well liked in Pullman.

leaving WSU to be the strength and conditioning coach for the Chicago Bears. Don’t really know him, but from what I’ve heard he has worked magic and was very well liked in Pullman.

Obviously a trend we got going here. Leach appears to be hard to work with and combative. Jury's out, odds Leach is fired in 6 to 1 months?

A huge turnover in the football program makes for a very interesting year. i hope that he is replaced with a competent coach

When you run a successful program others will come after you as well as your staff.

With the exception of Breske, Leach's hires have been good. Leach is not afraid to fire someone if they are not doing their job and his hires to replace departed staff members have improved with time.

Reactions: Tx64
Obviously a trend we got going here. Leach appears to be hard to work with and combative. Jury's out, odds Leach is fired in 6 to 1 months?

Did Leach run off Moos too? Or maybe Schulz saying budgets will be slashed has something to do with it.

Reactions: CPtheCoug

Silly post.

Leach has been coach at WSU for 6 years and all coaches with that long of tenure at one spot have turnover. Especially for better paying gigs and promotions. You can find similar and even more turnover with long tenured coaches at one location ( Saban, Whittingham, etc.). Especially ones where most other programs pay more.

What is funny when thinking about coaches with 6 or more years at one spot and turnover is how few coaches there are with 6 years at one place. Leach has the 3rd longest tenure in the P12. Only 3 with more time at one place in the B12. Only one in the SEC. And only 2 in the Big 10.

Last edited:
Maybe he was a good motivator, but nutrition and weight training are not rocket science subjects, so we should be able to find someone who can keep these kids training and eating well.

True. But the strength and conditioning program has been outstanding since Leach and Loscalzo were hired.
Agreed, we’ve been pretty healthy and the kids seem to be putting on good weight and strength gains, and I anticipate that will continue.

True. But the strength and conditioning program has been outstanding since Leach and Loscalzo were hired.

But it also helps when they have a nutrition program in place now and have chefs who cook for them. They should be fine with whoever they get.

But it also helps when they have a nutrition program in place now and have chefs who cook for them. They should be fine with whoever they get.

The S&C coach is more important than it might seem ... it's not just the guy who tells them to lift some weights and down a protein shake. Someone better-versed in the rules can check me on this, but I'm pretty sure that during the entire offseason, he's the only one allowed to have signficant contact with the players. So for 1/2 to 2/3 of the year, he's the guy doing nearly all of the interfacing with your players and playing a big role in keeping them on track generally, not just making sure they show up to lift weights.

He was a valuable coach and he may be hard to replace, Hopefully someone is waiting in the wings or leach has someone in mind.

Reactions: COUGinNCW
Interesting and meaningless little tidbit: Loscalzo was CML's second choice for S&C. First he hired Kansas State's guy who went so far as to introduce himself to the team as the new S&C coach. But when he returned to KSU they bumped up his salary and kept him.

Another good example of the quality of Leach's rolodex. ElC expressed hope that Leach has someone in mind. I have no doubt that he has several possibilities on his list.

Reactions: Tx64
1,000,000,000 to 1

Not gonna happen

350.png

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT