ADVERTISEMENT

Jay Inslee vaccination mandate

BleedCrimsonandGray

Hall Of Fame
Oct 2, 2007
All state and school employees by Oct 18, or be terminated.

Still an exemption for medical or "sincere" religious beliefs.

I suspect Rolo will be lawyering up soon if he hasn't already.

I also suspect he will not be our coach in 2022, perhaps even sooner.

All that being said, I still have one question: if masks were the magic bullet for a year, why can't he just choose to wear a mask and not vax? I'm struggling with the logic on this one other than "we say you need to vax so do it or else."

Reactions: spongeandshoot
According to the Seattle Times a few minutes ago Rolo said he would follow the mandate.
and get vaccinated? Or provide a valid exemption?

I guess it doesn't matter either way, but inquiring minds want to know.

I saw some of the quotes and it seemed like he was being coy, so we'll see.

Reactions: mikalalas

All that being said, I still have one question: if masks were the magic bullet for a year, why can't he just choose to wear a mask and not vax? I'm struggling with the logic on this one other than "we say you need to vax so do it or else."
Masks never were a magic bullet and were never presented by anyone credible as such.

"Mask up, save lives"
Belt up it saves lives. That is one aspect of saving lives on the road. Driving within a speed limit is another strategy. Not drinking and driving is a third prong .

Think of it in football terms . If Leach called a play where there was maximum protection does that mean the DE won’t beat the tackle ?

Maybe that is one strategy in a tool belt if multiple strategies . I personally was hoping never to have to wear a mask again. I also knew with the variants coming it was a high probability I would have to wear a mask again … and here we are .

Belt up it saves lives. That is one aspect of saving lives on the road. Driving within a speed limit is another strategy. Not drinking and driving is a third prong .

Think of it in football terms . If Leach called a play where there was maximum protection does that mean the DE won’t beat the tackle ?

Maybe that is one strategy in a tool belt if multiple strategies . I personally was hoping never to have to wear a mask again. I also knew with the variants coming it was a high probability I would have to wear a mask again … and here we are .
and... you're proving the point. If they work, then they work, RIGHT? So why does a non-vaxxer need to do anything other than wear a mask?

Masks do help save lives and that is a fact but nothing about that quote suggests masks are a magic bullet.

If you don’t understand the benefits and limitations of masks 18 months into this mess then all I can do is wish you the best.
Sure do. The benefit is being able to obtain goods and services, other than that its mostly political theater. Cloth and paper masks are ineffective due to reasons that have been rehashed ad infinitum (that means "a lot") on this board. And interestingly, hand washing has gone by the wayside as mask wearing has become the new moral highground, I'm guessing because its more visible and easier to implicate yourself as a virtuous.

Reactions: 78Chief
Sure do. The benefit is being able to obtain goods and services, other than that its mostly political theater. Cloth and paper masks are ineffective due to reasons that have been rehashed ad infinitum (that means "a lot") on this board. And interestingly, hand washing has gone by the wayside as mask wearing has become the new moral highground, I'm guessing because its more visible and easier to implicate yourself as a virtuous.

Masks work. Science from real scientists says so. And I’m talking about scientists with degrees that don’t come from Google and Facebook U.

What “political theatre”, being “virtuous” and “moral high ground” have to do with managing a health crisis god only knows but it reeks of the speech of propagandists, frauds and pseudo intellectuals like Carlson, Ben Shapiro, Joe Rogan etc.

Cloth masks? No one credible is advocating them . That makes for a fine straw man on your part. Again, knock yourself out. They can provide a small amount of protection but they are generally a terrible choice. This is well known.
Have no idea what you are talking about when you say “paper mask”. Do you mean hospital style masks? They do in fact work. But not as well as N95 masks.

Masks work. Science from real scientists says so. And I’m talking about scientists with degrees that don’t come from Google and Facebook U.

What “political theatre”, being “virtuous” and “moral high ground” have to do with managing a health crisis god only knows but it reeks of the speech of propagandists, frauds and pseudo intellectuals like Carlson, Ben Shapiro, Joe Rogan etc.

Cloth masks? No one credible is advocating them . That makes for a fine straw man on your part. Again, knock yourself out. They can provide a small amount of protection but they are generally a terrible choice. This is well known.
Have no idea what you are talking about when you say “paper mask”. Do you mean hospital style masks? They do in fact work. But not as well as N95 masks.
Awesome dude. You rock.

Tell you what, why don't you go out and take photos of all the N95 masks and actual respirators that people are wearing? You know, the ones that actually work as the scientists say they do? I'll wait.

Awesome dude. You rock.

Tell you what, why don't you go out and take photos of all the N95 masks and actual respirators that people are wearing? You know, the ones that actually work as the scientists say they do? I'll wait.
Hospital style masks are effective when used properly. That is a fact. And that’s what most people in my community wear.

Oh sure there are the folks that run from the plain clueless to the tucker Carlson worshiping angry white men types who wear cloth masks, American flag bandanas etc. But it’s not my responsibility to monitor those idiots. I just avoid them at all costs.

You rock too. I’m guessing to Creed and Limp Bizkit.

Hospital style masks are effective when used properly. That is a fact. And that’s what most people in my community wear.

Oh sure there are the folks that run from the plain clueless to the tucker Carlson worshiping angry white men types who wear cloth masks, American flag bandanas etc. But it’s not my responsibility to monitor those idiots. I just avoid them at all costs.

You rock too. I’m guessing to Creed and Limp Bizkit.
Ahhh another mask-hole providing their expert analysis. Thank god for that! QUESTION: Since masks are so effective and work so well at preventing certain death, why shouldn't people be allowed to make the decision to wear one or to not wear one without government interference? It's apparent that even the most ardent of mask supporters imposing these mandates don't actually follow their own mandates. FYI... Although anecdotal in nature in terms of evidence, I contracted Covid back in April when mask mandates were still in effect. So tell me again how awesome masks are!! I'm all ears!

Yet not as virtuous as the elbow bump.

Ahhh another mask-hole providing their expert analysis. Thank god for that! QUESTION: Since masks are so effective and work so well at preventing certain death, why shouldn't people be allowed to make the decision to wear one or to not wear one without government interference? It's apparent that even the most ardent of mask supporters imposing these mandates don't actually follow their own mandates. FYI... Although anecdotal in nature in terms of evidence, I contracted Covid back in April when mask mandates were still in effect. So tell me again how awesome masks are!! I'm all ears!
Seriously? You really don't understand? Think about it. Like many things, it is affective, but not 100% affective. Wearing a seatbelt and having an air bag in your car are affective at keeping you from getting seriously injured in a car accident. That does not mean it keeps you 100% free from injury.

Seriously? You really don't understand? Think about it. Like many things, it is affective, but not 100% affective. Wearing a seatbelt and having an air bag in your car are affective at keeping you from getting seriously injured in a car accident. That does not mean it keeps you 100% free from injury.
Yeah, but masks aren't for you, they're for the other guy remember?

Yes … and you having liability insurance is for the “other guy”.
my bad. got confused with the seat belts and air bags when its really liability insurance.

What the analogy for PIP? How about comprehensive? Oh! I know? What about home owners?

and... you're proving the point. If they work, then they work, RIGHT? So why does a non-vaxxer need to do anything other than wear a mask?
I contracted Covid back in April when mask mandates were still in effect. So tell me again how awesome masks are!! I'm all ears!
“If seatbelts work, why can’t I drive drunk?”

Is it a refusal to think probabilistically, or are you incapable?

Reactions: WillieThePimp
“If seatbelts work, why can’t I drive drunk?”

Is it a refusal to think probabilistically, or are you incapable?
No.... But if you're wearing your mask, then you're protected, right? If you don't like the fact that other's don't wear a mask, then sich yo azz at home. Are you incapable?

I do understand and think its ridiculous that sitting right next to someone passing gas on an airplane touching everything that others are also putting their dirty little d!ck beaters on will be inconsequential because, GEE GOLLY I GOT A MASK ON!

This virus variant is SUPER contagious and SUPER deadly right? Then why not just lock it down? Why even risk it? Just one death is one too many RIGHT? If you're ok with death's occuring even as masks are being mandated, then you're a GD hypocrite.

I do understand and think its ridiculous that sitting right next to someone passing gas on an airplane touching everything that others are also putting their dirty little d!ck beaters on will be inconsequential because, GEE GOLLY I GOT A MASK ON!
to be fair, they do give you an alcohol wipe that evaporates before it can reach the required contact time for full efficacy, so there's that.

Last edited:
No.... But if you're wearing your mask, then you're protected, right? If you don't like the fact that other's don't wear a mask, then sich yo azz at home. Are you incapable?
I now understand where the confusion is….

This virus variant is SUPER contagious and SUPER deadly right? Then why not just lock it down? Why even risk it? Just one death is one too many RIGHT? If you're ok with death's occuring even as masks are being mandated, then you're a GD hypocrite.
Would it be ok to ban the driving of cars because people still die in them while wearing seatbelts or because people can still drink alcohol and get behind the wheel and kill someone? It’s always been about risk mitigation…a series of steps that people can take to minimize spread/hospitals being overwhelmed and deaths. This really isn’t that hard.

Would it be ok to ban the driving of cars because people still die in them while wearing seatbelts or because people can still drink alcohol and get behind the wheel and kill someone? It’s always been about risk mitigation…a series of steps that people can take to minimize spread/hospitals being overwhelmed and deaths. This really isn’t that hard.
You still on this? Lol

The cars and drunk driving analogies are old and just wrong. Drunk driving killed 10K people in 2019, ill let you do the math. Is it preventable? Sure the fck is, but our laws are not structured for prevention, they're structured for revenue generation. If this were a serious issue, or more concisely an issue that was taken seriously by lawmakers, there would be ignition devices required on all cars and one violation would result in a permanent loss of driving privileges. But that's not the case, is it?

Last edited:
The cars and drunk driving analogies are old and just wrong. Drunk driving killed 10K people in 2019, ill let you do the math. Is it preventable? Sure the fck is, but our laws are not structured for prevention, their structured for revenue generation. If this were a serious issue, or more concisely and issue that was taken seriously by lawmakers, there would be ignition devices required on all cars and one violation would result in a permanent loss of driving privileges. But that's not the case, is it?
Fair point. I just think it’s silly to still be going all or nothing on this. Nobody wants lockdowns. Nobody ever has.

Fair point. I just think it’s silly to still be going all or nothing on this. Nobody wants lockdowns. Nobody ever has.
but we didn't have lockdowns, did we? We had half-measure lock downs - more political theater.

The biggest needle mover right now would be to get another 100MM people to get the jab, but instead of appealing to these people they've continued with the "if you don't take it your a bad person" message, which tells me they are more worried about politics than fixing this problem, and that goes for left and right sides of the aisle.

Bob Dunn is going to buy another condo in Hawaii on the taxpayer's dime...

Or maybe the gal who sued the Spokane Country Club into oblivion over their men's lounge. Pretty sure she's Whitman County, maybe Spangle, so easy office visits.

There is no logic. I've had the same question as well.

Let's be honest for a change (although most don't want honesty and can't think for themselves)....

Most all masks are a joke. If one had an N95 and wore it very snug over the face, then yes, that may make a difference. But most don't. Most people wear a cloth mask that is not capable of filtering out the virus. There are gaps where it fits over the nose. It is all charades. Viruses are going to virus. This is the reality.

but we didn't have lockdowns, did we? We had half-measure lock downs - more political theater.

The biggest needle mover right now would be to get another 100MM people to get the jab, but instead of appealing to these people they've continued with the "if you don't take it your a bad person" message, which tells me they are more worried about politics than fixing this problem, and that goes for left and right sides of the aisle.
Just look at the Israeli data on covid cases and deaths due to the delta variant. They had a very high vaccine participation rate and yet the virus spiked severely there.

Viruses are going to virus.

Could we do a CCP-like lockdown? Maybe. But there are costs to this that are worse than the virus. Even the WHO (a deeply corrupt organization) has stated lockdowns are not a good solution. They destroy people.

No confusion there old-timer..... Lets stop pretending the goal posts won't get shifted, yet again. When will your Demi-God Fauci admit this is endemic and stop with his Napoleon-esque charades? Or is he too busy being worshipped by teenies on tik tok?
How true.

Fauci belongs in prison for the lies and corruption and funding of this "gain of function" research...and the millions dead. What a horrible person.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT