ADVERTISEMENT

JDL out this week?

Cruz brings great tools to the run and shoot. He'll be able to stretch teams vertically and he isn't the running threat Jayden is but he'll still run wild if teams ignore him.

I've got it.

Why you ask? Why would Rolo bench JDL and bring in Cooper/Cruz for the 0-2 Trees?

If Cooper/Cruz falters, okay great, you've got JDL as an Ace in the Hole.

Let Cooper or Cruz play and WIN against Shaw.

Then.....during AC week....Lake (the whole week) is preparing for Cooper/Cruz and THEN...... what.....you actually start JDL for the AC and blow away Lake~!

Intentional.

Rolo wins and becomes a genius. :cool:.

Last edited:
Cruz brings great tools to the run and shoot. He'll be able to stretch teams vertically and he isn't the running threat Jayden is but he'll still run wild if teams ignore him.

He brings a diff threat to his run game, size.

I know this will be unpopular but I’m fine with each of them getting two games apiece. See what each can do live. Probably learn more than on the practice field.

The season is so bizarre already. Might as well learn as much as you can about all of the horses in your stable.

California is implementing at 10pm curfew Saturday so if the game takes place it will be a miracle so bring on whomever.

I’m not gonna speculate on rumors I suspect those who have their sources wouldn’t post unless they were legit. If this is the case it’s probably not good news for the next few weeks considering the 25-30 guys who were held back from OSU. If a couple of them came back with it, it spreads like wildfire, and this is about the time a bunch start testing positive. If true JDL might be the tip of the iceberg.

I know this will be unpopular but I’m fine with each of them getting two games apiece. See what each can do live. Probably learn more than on the practice field.

The season is so bizarre already. Might as well learn as much as you can about all of the horses in your stable.

I'd rather go into next year with one guy with 6 games under his belt then 3 guys with 2.

I'd rather go into next year with one guy with 6 games under his belt then 3 guys with 2.

Imo this is a season of preseason games. If there was 1 position that you need figured out going into next year it’s qb. Whoever is in the mix has gotta get on the field to see what they can or can’t do.

The last thing Rolo needs is Coop and Cruz leaving. He could be at zero depth and almost zero bodies at the qb position in a month. Getting them on the field to see what they can do is smart business.

Hate to see de Laura not play, but based upon the reports out of camp and the competition at QB, we should have an adequate replacement. Cruz has a big arm, 6'5" 220 and he can move, be interesting to see if he can run the option as well, he has run with the 1's most of the week, so let's see what we have. McIntosh has done a good job of filling in for Borgi, but he's not Brogi. Hopefully Cruz can do a good job at the QB position, he was offered by some quality teams, so we finally get to see his talents. If he is accurate with his throws we will be fine.

Hate to see de Laura not play, but based upon the reports out of camp and the competition at QB, we should have an adequate replacement. Cruz has a big arm, 6'5" 220 and he can move, be interesting to see if he can run the option as well, he has run with the 1's most of the week, so let's see what we have. McIntosh has done a good job of filling in for Borgi, but he's not Brogi. Hopefully Cruz can do a good job at the QB position, he was offered by some quality teams, so we finally get to see his talents. If he is accurate with his throws we will be fine.

Im interested to see what kind of qb Cruz is. I feel like he is more of a pocket passer with ability to run. Not a runner with ability to throw.

I wonder what all this means for Cooper. While I wouldn't be surprised to see him get playing time tomorrow, it also wouldn't surprise me if he never takes a snap as a Cougar. I unfairly assumed before the season that he was the front runner #1 QB based on time spent on the team. Now it appears he was #3 at the time of JDL's news. Seems like a really good kid, I hope he gets an opportunity, if not at WSU, somewhere else.

Glad Cougar

Im interested to see what kind of qb Cruz is. I feel like he is more of a pocket passer with ability to run. Not a runner with ability to throw.

I think anyone with an interest in seeing the Cougs be successful in the long run should be excited that we get an excuse free reason to put Cruz or Cooper on the field to see how they play, particularly in a throwaway year like 2020. I'm very happy with de Laura and think he's got a bright future, but if Cruz were to go out and bomb away against Stanford and we light up the scoreboard.....that's something that we would want to know. If he stinks it up....well, that gets easy.

I wonder what all this means for Cooper. While I wouldn't be surprised to see him get playing time tomorrow, it also wouldn't surprise me if he never takes a snap as a Cougar. I unfairly assumed before the season that he was the front runner #1 QB based on time spent on the team. Now it appears he was #3 at the time of JDL's news. Seems like a really good kid, I hope he gets an opportunity, if not at WSU, somewhere else.

Glad Cougar

I hate to completely speculate. But I haven't read all the background on this situation.

Is there any chance that Cooper is also out, due to COVID and the job became Cruz's by default?

Again, NOT saying that's the case, or even really speculating that it's so. Just raising a question because there's so much we don't know about any of this. If others know the "inside scoop" and both Cruz & Cooper have been practicing this week, and are both available, then "never mind"........

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT