ADVERTISEMENT

Jeremiah Allison and Carmento Floyd

Coug1990

Hall Of Fame
Gold Member
Dec 22, 2002
Perhaps the most touching moment of the evening was when Mrs. Floyd walked Allison out to the field during the pregame ceremonies on Senior Day. As most of you know, Allison's mother had a heart attack while he was in high school and slipped into a coma. She died during fall camp of his freshman year.

Dr. Floyd was a role model to Allison and it is great that Mrs. Floyd took the place of his family and walked him out to the field.

'90, I didn't get to see that last night. Thank you for sharing. This was probably as important in its own way as anything else that took place.

We often lose sight of the fact that the athletes are just like the most of the rest of us from the standpoint of arriving at school, lacking a local support network, and being concerned about where we go from here as well as what we are doing at the time. Mr. Allison had additional worries, concerns and emotional shocks. Seeing adult figures acting like adult figures means a lot. And when it is a mutual support situation, it is even more moving. I wish I'd seen it. Did anybody YouTube it?

Last night had more than its fair share of emotional moments, from Mrs. Floyd walking Jeremiah onto the field, to her raising the flag prior to kickoff, to Luke's thumbs-up gestures as he was carted off the field. It was a great night to be in the stands.

Reactions: kayak15
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT