ADVERTISEMENT

Jimmy Rogers no longer coming as DC

“Mediocre people don’t like high achievers and high achievers don’t like mediocre people.”

~ Nick Saban

Didn't realize we were hoping for "Seven win Sark", lol.

The reality is a 54% win percentage would put him in the top tier of our schools coaches record wise. It would also mean he found a way to avoid losing seasons which says a lot. I love Leach more than most on this board and half his seasons he finished below 7-6.

It's easy to discount how difficult it is to win here. Anyone able to consistently win more they lose here, especially when you have a smaller budget than 10 of 13 opponents, should be recognized for what they do.

Nick would fire you from the WSU fanbase with your loser attitude.
Now that is funny from a guy who who was at Michigan State, LSU, and Alabama and never at a school with limited budgets or talent in a surrounding area.

Its like saying Bill Belichik would still have won all those titles if he didn't play in the worst division of all of the NFL.

If Josh Allen had been in Buffalo probably three fewer titles ...hell Atlanta and Seattle gave him two.

Now that is funny from a guy who who was at Michigan State, LSU, and Alabama and never at a school with limited budgets or talent in a surrounding area.

Its like saying Bill Belichik would still have won all those titles if he didn't play in the worst division of all of the NFL.

If Josh Allen had been in Buffalo probably three fewer titles ...hell Atlanta and Seattle gave him two.
Saban, despite all his advantages, is constantly ripping into the press for acting like he should win a natty every year. Nick Saban at Alabama thinks winning is hard. He's not wrong.

Saban, despite all his advantages, is constantly ripping into the press for acting like he should win a natty every year. Nick Saban at Alabama thinks winning is hard. He's not wrong.
No statue for Nick at Miami, where he went 15-17 in the only experience of his head coaching life in which he had talent and resources equal to, or worse than, most opponents.

Reactions: PINGDUDE4
No statue for Nick at Miami, where he went 15-17 in the only experience of his head coaching life in which he had talent and resources equal to, or worse than, most opponents.
He had a middle of the road program with Michigan St. Definitely less resources than Michigan, Ohio St, Penn St, and probably Wisconsin.

That would be sad. Mediocrity doesn’t deserve applause.
You referenced Nick 6-5 Saban . He was mediocre at a mediocre program . 6-5 6-5 until I believe his last year at MSU .

So if anyone knows mediocre maybe saban .

You’re a f’ing fool.
Why is 6-5 four straight years for saban not mediocre ?

You think what Dickert has done is mediocre . Is there a criteria that differentiates them and how one is mediocre and we accept it vs the other ?

Why is 6-5 four straight years for saban not mediocre ?

You think what Dickert has done is mediocre . Is there a criteria that differentiates them and how one is mediocre and we accept it vs the other ?

Another stupid comparison. You’re a f’ing fool.

But he has below mediocrity investment from our fans, including you and I and everyone on this board.

In the SEC...people debate, do I get tickets to Auburn Alabama or do I get health insurance.

So when we start giving millions and put our program on semi equal footing yeah I personally will applaud 7-5.

That's the dirty dark secret of WSU football. Our fans love to say how dedicated they are...but the reality is that most WSU alum are basically t-shirt fans. We love winning online polls and we'll wave a flag, but when it comes to investing in the program, we suck.

I'm definitely not a superfan and don't pretend to be a huge financial supporter of WSU. Living at a distance changes how I spend my money on the Cougs. Going to the Utah game in Pullman and the LA Bowl cost me around $4,000. That impacts my willingness to donate money to the CAF. I don't get the same benefit/cost return that someone gets when they get club seats in the stadium six times per year. Despite my mediocre donation level, I'm still in the top 25% of WSU donors based on my CAF ranking. That's all anyone needs to know about how bad our fan's financial support is.

Folks can bitch about Dickert, complain when players leave, and talk about expectations, but until our fans actually support the program, we are going to be mediocre overall and we are lucky when we get a coach who can eke out winning seasons every year.

Nothing to complain about for me of late. The past 2 seasons have been really fun. The Oregon and UW games were disappointing this year, but they were really entertaining.

Looks like reason was Rogers will be SDSU head coach.
I think Rogers would've taken the DC job at WSU but when Jackrabbits' long time head coach John Stiegelmeier made his decision a couple of weeks ago (but didn't announce until after the championship game vs. NDSU), Rogers couldn't pass up being a head coach at his alma mater. Even though Schmedding was apparently a second choice, I think he'll do well for the Cougars.

Glad Cougar

Yeah. Still happy to have Schmedding. Dickert has focused in on and hired some great picks.

ADVERTISEMENT