ADVERTISEMENT

Joey Hobert back in the Portal

LeachPack

Varsity
Dec 2, 2011
I’d link the tweet, but don’t know how. Apparently he led all DI receivers in yards.

He went from the penthouse to the outhouse. He had a big year. I’d wager he prob wants back into P5 football.

Dunno if he would or not. I dunno why he left in the first place.has
Dickert wont take him back, he made that clear last year on anyone entering the portal, once you enter you’re gone. Smith over on the basketball side has a much more open mind, like the door is always open if you want to come back. Some flexibility maybe required in the future the way this portal thing has s going.

Dickert wont take him back, he made that clear last year on anyone entering the portal, once you enter you’re gone. Smith over on the basketball side has a much more open mind, like the door is always open if you want to come back. Some flexibility maybe required in the future the way this portal thing has s going.

I think that what Dickert meant is that IF you are BOTH GOOD and IF you change your mind, and withdraw from the Portal, there is a reasonable chance Dickert would take you back, IF you have a good attitude, work hard, etc.

On the other hand, If you leave via the portal, goto another team, try to come back to WSU 1,2,3 years later, then Dickert won't take you back, even if your a good player, with a good attitude, that works hard.

I don't think Dickert would have NOT taken Gueye, Jackson back from the Transfer Portal, NBA Draft, once they left draft, portal.

I think he would have taken them back just like Smith did.

Now I don't think Dickert would have taken Ryan Rapp back, if he had decided to withdraw from transfer portal.

A lot probably depends on situation, but he is probably not going to say that.

And so he Dickert has this rule, but there can be exceptions, depending on the situation.

But most of the time, if you enter the portal, your gone, even if you withdraw from the Portal, and try to comeback.

I wonder if someone comes along and forms a super conference with is have nots and tells the Alabama's and Ohio State's to go pound sand.

Together we have more money....at least I think we would.

Together our Kung Fu(hopefully) will defeat their kung fu.

Reactions: PeteTheChop
I wonder if someone comes along and forms a super conference with is have nots and tells the Alabama's and Ohio State's to go pound sand.

Together we have more money....at least I think we would.

Together our Kung Fu(hopefully) will defeat their kung fu.

Outside the box thinking right there.

Who could WSU partner up with here ... the rest of the Pac plus??

Reactions: spongeandshoot
WTF was he thinking, Utah Tech? He had a pretty bright future at WSU as far as I can tell. Yeah, if he wants to come back let’s go, we need receivers and I would think he feels like he has something to prove.
No inside info but kind of doubt he’d want to come back unless we are the only P5 school who want him.

Based on what I recall hearing about and seeing from his old man, and it being the only way I can imagine anyone wanting to go from P5 to Utah Tech despite getting on the field, I suspect it has to do with some combination of politics, vaccination, being pissed about Rolo, or some combo.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT