ADVERTISEMENT

Just got banned from Husker Forum so hows it do here

What did you do to get the boot there?
some guys were mad that I started a thread called "NDSU and SDSU could beat Nebraska" and there in the comments saying how this is stupid and irrelevant because we play SDSU next year but my point was with how bad we are this year we should do everything in are power to not get embarrassed on national tv again. I seriously think we would get blown out by NDSU if they played right now and SDSU it would be closer but I think they win that to. thats literally how bad I think we are.

My favorite part of Nebraska’s season so far was when OSU was in control early, but everyone in the stadium lost their sh*t bc frost called triple option for a couple plays. Maybe they should just run triple out of power I rest of the year.

My favorite part of Nebraska’s season so far was when OSU was in control early, but everyone in the stadium lost their sh*t bc frost called triple option for a couple plays. Maybe they should just run triple out of power I rest of the year.
kinda hard when are line cant run block for crap. but the alternative is throwing the ball and with vedral only being able to throw accurate 10 yard passes and Martinez looking like a bumbling idiot maybe the run could be better but this season is definitely over the players literally quit against Minnesota we should just fore fit the rest of are games.

kinda hard when are line cant run block for crap. but the alternative is throwing the ball and with vedral only being able to throw accurate 10 yard passes and Martinez looking like a bumbling idiot maybe the run could be better but this season is definitely over the players literally quit against Minnesota we should just fore fit the rest of are games.

I don't know about that. I think you guys are going to make a bowl this year. You already have 4 wins, and you get to play Purdue, Indiana, and Maryland all 3 are very winnable games.

Getting to a bowl is important because of the extra practices. Rebuilds are hard and you guys were pretty behind when Frost came in, but I think he will make Nebraska a solid program. It just takes time and this is sort of seeing how the sausage is made.

With those comments...you will fit right in here.

I don't know about that. I think you guys are going to make a bowl this year. You already have 4 wins, and you get to play Purdue, Indiana, and Maryland all 3 are very winnable games.

Getting to a bowl is important because of the extra practices. Rebuilds are hard and you guys were pretty behind when Frost came in, but I think he will make Nebraska a solid program. It just takes time and this is sort of seeing how the sausage is made.
Don't forget there is a former Nebraska assistant from their national title glory years, who has coached in the Big 8 and has worked before with Bill Moos that might available for the taking.

Talent wise we should beat every B1G west team except for Wisconsin so I get we have potential but either frost isn't making use of this talent or the talent is just underdeveloped O line for instance. I trust frost, but after the "we had the best practice ever this week" its starting getting really old really fast. he cant even keep it close with Minnesota a team which has far inferior talent at least on paper and almost lost to the likes of SDSU Fresno State and Georgia State. and not to mention after the loss he said we need to work on fundamentals. like arent you supposed to do that in year 1 like Jesus. I dont think scotts the guy that will bring back the glory days (hope im wrong) I think the best Nebraska can hope for is to beat Wisconsin and Iowa every year and maybe rule the B1G west with Wisconsin and Iowa get the the B1G 10 championship game a couple if years mostly get piss pounded by Ohio state Michigan or Michigan state but hopefully win the B1G at least once every decade.

With those comments...you will fit right in here.
lol the those comments got me the name troll. if you say anything negative about how far the program has fallen your just a troll. and sense I dont have a required amount messages im also a troll. its literally pointless to even have a conversation with Nebraska fans about how bad they are when they all believe Scott Frost is the messiah. kinda funny lol

Talent wise we should beat every B1G west team except for Wisconsin so I get we have potential but either frost isn't making use of this talent or the talent is just underdeveloped O line for instance. I trust frost, but after the "we had the best practice ever this week" its starting getting really old really fast. he cant even keep it close with Minnesota a team which has far inferior talent at least on paper and almost lost to the likes of SDSU Fresno State and Georgia State. and not to mention after the loss he said we need to work on fundamentals. like arent you supposed to do that in year 1 like Jesus. I dont think scotts the guy that will bring back the glory days (hope im wrong) I think the best Nebraska can hope for is to beat Wisconsin and Iowa every year and maybe rule the B1G west with Wisconsin and Iowa get the the B1G 10 championship game a couple if years mostly get piss pounded by Ohio state Michigan or Michigan state but hopefully win the B1G at least once every decade.

Does Nebraska recruit Illinois? Seems like leaving the Big 12 and other programs on the way to Nebraska getting better picking off kids has hurt their recruiting.

Does Nebraska recruit Illinois? Seems like leaving the Big 12 and other programs on the way to Nebraska getting better picking off kids has hurt their recruiting.
we recruit flordia a lot now but I think Illinois a little. but you are so right we lost Texas and they were huge now we have Midwest states and flordia and we used to have Midwest states and Texas and recruit more nationally because we were way better back then. not to mention the walk on program that added much needed depth.

we recruit flordia a lot now but I think Illinois a little. but you are so right we lost Texas and they were huge now we have Midwest states and flordia and we used to have Midwest states and Texas and recruit more nationally because we were way better back then. not to mention the walk on program that added much needed depth.

I see OSU, TCU, Baylor, TT, etc all getting better and wonder if that’s just fewer and fewer kids that go further from home to Nebraska.

They’d prob do well in California. Everyone else is pillaging the state. West Coast kids are desperate for big time schools with big brand names. Theyre leaving in droves.

I haven't watched the Cornhuskers in years. Does Nebraska ever pull out the black shirts unis?

I'm wondering about your expectations for the Huskers. Most N fans I know won't be happy until they return to the glory years of the 70's. They were so dominant then, that I don't think it can be duplicated at N now, in the present CF landscape.

I know you aren't in charge, but your fellow Huskers have to support Frost, and lower expectations, a lot. At this point in time, the goal for Nebraska athletics is to keep up with Iowa State. All of that Big Red stuff is ancient history, barely remembered by old timers like me. Nebraska is viewed as an impossible coaching job, and if Frost can't make it work, and stick it out, you will be recruiting D2 head coaches or SEC assistants, like everyone else. And if one happens to make it work, you will just be a stepping stone for their dream job. Your past (in football) is remarkable, but that past is long past and now it is just the grim reality of a rural midwestern school playing in an oversized stadium in front of a lot of unhappy fans.

yea like previously stated I expect no return to the glory days but I think winning the B1G 10 every 2-3 years is reasonable goal and possibly get lucky one year and win a national championship.

Funny how fast CF is changing. Maybe N should try moving one game a hear to Omaha, or look at 9 am start times.

I find it interesting that Nebraska was able to successfully recruit back in the old B8 days when their academic standards were higher than most of the schools to the south of them. Sure, prior to the 80's they made the same academic compromises that everyone else made, but after that they still recruited effectively even with a handicap in that area. Now, when on a pretty equal footing with the rest of their current league, they seem to have more difficulty with recruiting. Greater Chicagoland should in theory just about offset Texas for recruiting, and Frost should be able to get some good talent from Florida. Frost has a successful track record with game planning and X's and O's coaching, so I have to assume that the issue is either talent or strength & conditioning, or maybe both?

Texas generates a lot more talent than Chicago area, and Chicago is poached heavily by NU, Illinois, Iowa, ND, OSU.

Nebraska should have went big 12 like OU, they cant seem to adapt to big ten.

Texas generates a lot more talent than Chicago area, and Chicago is poached heavily by NU, Illinois, Iowa, ND, OSU.

Nebraska should have went big 12 like OU, they cant seem to adapt to big ten.

Nebraska should have no prob beating NU, Iowa, Illinois for kids.

Chicagoland has huge schools and tons of kids. You might have to coach them up and develop them more than Texas kids but you can still work with them.

Frost has a lot going for him. He shouldn't have a problem getting kids.

Losing their natural rival OU was a tremendous loss for Nebraska. It helped keep them relevant, and at its peak it was as big as any rivalry in the country. Now it seems almost inconceivable. Very short-sighted by administrators who threw away one of their greatest assets for little more than a TV contract.

im originally from Chicago area, ND gets the Chicago catholic league and the pick of most catholic kids, Illinois and Northwestern are going to get their share of kids-Wisconsin and Michigan are close by and right now-Iowa is going to beat out Nebraska in most cases. Something like 35% of Iowa's student body is Chicago area students-its a 3-4 hour drive to Iowa City. Omaha is a hell of a long way away.

im originally from Chicago area, ND gets the Chicago catholic league and the pick of most catholic kids, Illinois and Northwestern are going to get their share of kids-Wisconsin and Michigan are close by and right now-Iowa is going to beat out Nebraska in most cases. Something like 35% of Iowa's student body is Chicago area students-its a 3-4 hour drive to Iowa City. Omaha is a hell of a long way away.

What are the academic standards to get into NU? No doubt ND clobbers the Catholic League. Illinois hasnt had much of a team in a long time. If Nebraska cant beat them for kids they’re done.

Lest we get too concerned about the half dozen name schools that were mentioned which recruit Chicagoland, let's consider that Texas...with maybe 3 times as many kids...gets recruited hard by probably 25-30 major names. Almost everybody goes to Texas, as with SoCal and Florida. Nebraska is indeed a long way from Chicago, as Hawk says, but it is in the league's TV footprint. Distance is not as big a factor as it once was if every game is on local TV...to say nothing of streaming. And nobody from Chicago will blink at the Nebraska winter weather, which was occasionally an issue with Texas kids. I suspect that Frost will eventually right the ship. Maybe they will even eventually deserve to pull out the black shirts....I suspect that will happen.

Lest we get too concerned about the half dozen name schools that were mentioned which recruit Chicagoland, let's consider that Texas...with maybe 3 times as many kids...gets recruited hard by probably 25-30 major names. Almost everybody goes to Texas, as with SoCal and Florida. Nebraska is indeed a long way from Chicago, as Hawk says, but it is in the league's TV footprint. Distance is not as big a factor as it once was if every game is on local TV...to say nothing of streaming. And nobody from Chicago will blink at the Nebraska winter weather, which was occasionally an issue with Texas kids. I suspect that Frost will eventually right the ship. Maybe they will even eventually deserve to pull out the black shirts....I suspect that will happen.

Sometimes its not the distance as much as how many options are on the way to you.

I think Frost will get things sorted out there. Prob not a full return to the glory days but they should be a much tougher out and wind up a perennial top 25 team.

ADVERTISEMENT