ADVERTISEMENT

Just run the Art Briles Offense

spongeandshoot

Hall Of Fame
Oct 5, 2020
To those who are easily triggered, I am talking about his offense...not his character.

Too many offensive coaches get too cute and try to show how smart they are. Sark is a prime example.

He does all of these complex things on offense and goofy Canadian football circus backfield motions
when he had Chris Polk...instead of giving Polk the ball more after ripping off a 30 yd run for example.

What I liked about Briles offense was he basically just ran 4 verts...a dive play..and wr bubble screens to
get the safties to creep up....then back to 4 verts.

He attacked all of the field with just those plays.

Heck, Dennis Erickson with his offense here and that 2001 Beaver team probably had 3 running plays.

And that is what I don't like about the air raid. It is too easy to keep everything in front of you with little opportunity for yards after catch.

We had plenty of YAC last year.

To those who are easily triggered, I am talking about his offense...not his character.

Too many offensive coaches get too cute and try to show how smart they are. Sark is a prime example.

He does all of these complex things on offense and goofy Canadian football circus backfield motions
when he had Chris Polk...instead of giving Polk the ball more after ripping off a 30 yd run for example.

What I liked about Briles offense was he basically just ran 4 verts...a dive play..and wr bubble screens to

Heck, Dennis Erickson with his offense here and that 2001 Beaver team probably had 3 running plays.

And that is what I don't like about the air raid. It is too easy to keep everything in front of you with little opportunity for yards after catch.

The AB offense….

Find 3 interior OL that are 6’4” 330 to 6’5” 350 named Bubba, Pork Chop and Fat Back. Then slam the ball inside until they stop it OR they dont stop it. Then sling it deep.

You force the defense to stop the run. Even if it goes for 0 yards they still have to line up the personnel to stop it for 0 yards….. which means they have to remove a pass defender…

I’d love to see an AR coach actually run zone read the way it was meant to be run and not simply use the scheme as a way to delay the hand off so blocks you are never go to use develop. Waste of time. Stupid scheme.

Reactions: spongeandshoot
Pretty sure Briles' offenses are conspiracy to conceal a felony, obstruction of justice, and aiding and abeting.

I'll pass.

The AB offense….

Find 3 interior OL that are 6’4” 330 to 6’5” 350 named Bubba, Pork Chop and Fat Back. Then slam the ball inside until they stop it OR they dont stop it. Then sling it deep.

You force the defense to stop the run. Even if it goes for 0 yards they still have to line up the personnel to stop it for 0 yards….. which means they have to remove a pass defender…

I’d love to see an AR coach actually run zone read the way it was meant to be run and not simply use the scheme as a way to delay the hand off so blocks you are never go to use develop. Waste of time. Stupid scheme.

I agree.

And that is why hitting a receiver on a 10 yd vertical route can go the distance because they will probably only have to make one person miss if they are stepping up to stop the run.

But what will you do when not every play goes for 20+ yards?

I agree.

And that is why hitting a receiver on a 10 yd vertical route can go the distance because they will probably only have to make one person miss if they are stepping up to stop the run.

Yep. Running 4 wrs into 8 dbs is dumb. Make the defense play the run. Make them add a 4th DL and a true MLB. Much better odds for your wrs.

Reactions: spongeandshoot
Yep. Running 4 wrs into 8 dbs is dumb. Make the defense play the run. Make them add a 4th DL and a true MLB. Much better odds for your wrs.

I've stated this but curious how others see it...is this offense REALLY AIR RAID? I don't see the mesh (over the middle) concepts that Leach ran and honestly, it seems more like the Rolo offense we had last year, than Leach.

I've stated this but curious how others see it...is this offense REALLY AIR RAID? I don't see the mesh (over the middle) concepts that Leach ran and honestly, it seems more like the Rolo offense we had last year, than Leach.
It's the Coug Raid, DUH! The cougliest cougs who ever couged all know the Coug Raid!

It’s the Coug Raid.

I don't know what this offense is, because I haven't seen any consistency to it. There's too much time wasted on trying to be cute and tricky.

no, its just a bunch of inside tunnel screens

Reactions: Wazzubrooz
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT