ADVERTISEMENT

Just to liven up this cemetery......

Link may not work, but ESPN has a best receptions of 2016 highlight reel up on the NCAAF page. Six catches. Can you remember which one of ours was the most astonishing?

Link may not work, but ESPN has a best receptions of 2016 highlight reel up on the NCAAF page. Six catches. Can you remember which one of ours was the most astonishing?
This one
maxresdefault.jpg

Honestly, I'm not even sure that was Cracraft's best catch of the year. And, there's a few of Marks' that should be up for consideration too.

I thought the same thing. I think it was Marks who had the catch that was only ruled a catch after it was reviewed. Took slow motion to see him dragging his foot.

I thought the same thing. I think it was Marks who had the catch that was only ruled a catch after it was reviewed. Took slow motion to see him dragging his foot.
I think Marks had a couple of those, and Cracraft had at least one too.

Brink to Harvey.

"Harvey, down the sideline. Look at this. He's gone!"

Kevin Lopina hits Jared Karstetter in stride for a 48-yard completion late in the 4th quarter to set up a game-tying FG sending the AC to OT and an eventual win, one that would produce shrieks of joy from a former Cougzone poster who predicted a repeat of 2001-2003...

Leaf to Jackson, '97 Apple Cup
Gesser to Darling, Oregon in ~2001
Kegel to Moore, 2003 Holiday Bowl

Chad Davis to Albert Kennedy, 1994 v. Arizona. Kennedy had to wait an hour or so for the ball to get there, but he out jumped two UA DBs for the ball and took it to the house for a commanding 7-0 lead. Yeah, something like that.
BTW, congratulations to all for hijacking Loyal's Baynes-humping thread... hahaha

Last edited:
Rosie to Stallworth to the house 1988 v. UCLA

Leaf to McKenzie vs. USC 1997 (almost identical to 1996 v USC that didn't break to the house).

Brink to Gibson 2007 Apple Cup

Leaf to McKenzie vs. USC 1997 (almost identical to 1996 v USC that didn't break to the house).

Brink to USC defensive backs fighting over just who would pull in the "Frail Mary." in the 2006 28-22 loss.

Reactions: Cougzz

Lots of memories in this thread.

I think the Snow Bowl catch is hard to beat. But the 1997 USC catch and run is a good one.

Still, my favorite is Chris Jackson in 1997 against the mutts. He talks trash during the week, then backs it up with his 2 TD's. That play - Leaf takes a quick drop and throws the fade. Jackson beats the 2 mutt defenders and leaves them both on the ground as he saunters in to the end zone. I could watch it a thousand times and pull it up again.

Couple of dark horses. How about any of Rypien's TD passes in the 1985 Ice Bowl Apple Cup? Or a pass in the 1984 Apple Cup. Mutts had just scored, and first play Rypien throws a 70 yard TD. I was there.

Reactions: Cougzz
Gesser to Michael Bush at Cal to ignite the comeback victory the week before the SC overtime win. It wasn't for a touchdown but it set up a score and the comeback began as well as the best 2 weeks of Cougar football.

Honestly, I'm not even sure that was Cracraft's best catch of the year. And, there's a few of Marks' that should be up for consideration too.
I think it was Marks a couple of times and Cracraft maybe 3. I watched a lot of college football last season and I think those catches....especially Cracraft's that had to be reviewed that were remarkable.

I think it was Marks a couple of times and Cracraft maybe 3. I watched a lot of college football last season and I think those catches....especially Cracraft's that had to be reviewed that were remarkable.
Marks' catch against UCLA in LA to win the game essentially...... Brink to Gibson in 2007 AC, Sammie Moore's catch to tie agains ND from Kegel in 2003, etc etc... there are a ton of great catches out there.

Marks' catch against UCLA in LA to win the game essentially...... Brink to Gibson in 2007 AC, Sammie Moore's catch to tie agains ND from Kegel in 2003, etc etc... there are a ton of great catches out there.

That's a good one.

How about Dom William's TD catch to send the Oregon game to OT?

Lots of good catches noted above. They were all great.

My favorite bowl catch, courtesy of '95, is Kegel to Moore, 2003 Holiday Bowl. I have never in my life seen a straighter rope than that throw. The punting was the star of the game, the D came ready to play and that pass broke it open.

I can't remember a specific play or catch, but surely the combo of Mathieson to Campbell circa '61-63 included a few beauties. Campbell still, despite recent threats, remains the greatest Coug receiver of all time. Yes, even better than Cogdill. His hands were astounding and the route-running Largent-like.

Reactions: YakiCoug
Lots of memories in this thread.

I think the Snow Bowl catch is hard to beat. But the 1997 USC catch and run is a good one.

Still, my favorite is Chris Jackson in 1997 against the mutts. He talks trash during the week, then backs it up with his 2 TD's. That play - Leaf takes a quick drop and throws the fade. Jackson beats the 2 mutt defenders and leaves them both on the ground as he saunters in to the end zone. I could watch it a thousand times and pull it up again.

Couple of dark horses. How about any of Rypien's TD passes in the 1985 Ice Bowl Apple Cup? Or a pass in the 1984 Apple Cup. Mutts had just scored, and first play Rypien throws a 70 yard TD. I was there.

1984 Apple Cup pisses me off every time I think about it. Biting Kevin Gogan baits Junior into an unsportsmanlike penalty. We had them on the ropes and the zebras stole it from us with that one play.

Kevin Lopina hits Jared Karstetter in stride for a 48-yard completion late in the 4th quarter to set up a game-tying FG sending the AC to OT and an eventual win, one that would produce shrieks of joy from a former Cougzone poster who predicted a repeat of 2001-2003...
Former...why would anyone leave this place? Actually I would take that Apple Cup win over the last two blowouts, wouldn't you?

Lots of good catches noted above. They were all great.

My favorite bowl catch, courtesy of '95, is Kegel to Moore, 2003 Holiday Bowl. I have never in my life seen a straighter rope than that throw. The punting was the star of the game, the D came ready to play and that pass broke it open.
And
1984 Apple Cup pisses me off every time I think about it. Biting Kevin Gogan baits Junior into an unsportsmanlike penalty. We had them on the ropes and the zebras stole it from us with that one play.
I'll see your 1984 and raise you 2002. 3 officials call it an incomplete pass, including the one facing the play. Gordon Riese and the backside linesman - neither of whom had the angle - call it a backward pass and fumble. Game over.

And of course, there's that time the refs stole 2 seconds from us in that little game in Pasadena.

Former...why would anyone leave this place? Actually I would take that Apple Cup win over the last two blowouts, wouldn't you?

You still have those stubby legs wrapped around 6 and 40, a span in which you never left "this place." WSU wins 13 of its last 18 Pac-12 games, goes to bowl games, and you disappear. Where are your UW season tickets this year?

You still have those stubby legs wrapped around 6 and 40, a span in which you never left "this place." WSU wins 13 of its last 18 Pac-12 games, goes to bowl games, and you disappear. Where are your UW season tickets this year?
Stubby legs? Hmmm...probably the one part of my body that doesn't fit that description.

Also you seemed obsessed with me not posting much in 2013 and this past season. Well there were a lot of outside "stuff" that prevented me from posting. Still enjoy the season save for the opener, AC and the Holiday Bowl. Although I did enjoy my trip to San Diego.

You also mentioned in another post my 2012-2014 prediction as similar to 2001-2003. Yeah, I missed on that. I thought we were going to have three consecutive bowl games. I made a similar prediction about Leach and 2012 to 2014 and then again when Falk got the Cougs l made another prediction-we would go to 3 straight bowl games and in 2016 and 2017 we would compete with the UW for the Pac 12 north and we would win north in 2016. Unfortunately we got blown out again in the AC so I was wrong. And I was even more specific this time what it meant to have a similar run to 01-03.

As for my Husky season tix, I wish that was all the money I was giving them this year and the next four years. Unfortunately the program my daughter wants to go into the UW is top flight. The UW wasn't her top choice but that is where she ended up. So yeah, I would rather give them 4k for tix and never use them than fork over 28k. But such is life.

Stubby legs? Hmmm...probably the one part of my body that doesn't fit that description.

Also you seemed obsessed with me not posting much in 2013 and this past season. Well there were a lot of outside "stuff" that prevented me from posting. Still enjoy the season save for the opener, AC and the Holiday Bowl. Although I did enjoy my trip to San Diego.

You also mentioned in another post my 2012-2014 prediction as similar to 2001-2003. Yeah, I missed on that. I thought we were going to have three consecutive bowl games. I made a similar prediction about Leach and 2012 to 2014 and then again when Falk got the Cougs l made another prediction-we would go to 3 straight bowl games and in 2016 and 2017 we would compete with the UW for the Pac 12 north and we would win north in 2016. Unfortunately we got blown out again in the AC so I was wrong. And I was even more specific this time what it meant to have a similar run to 01-03.

As for my Husky season tix, I wish that was all the money I was giving them this year and the next four years. Unfortunately the program my daughter wants to go into the UW is top flight. The UW wasn't her top choice but that is where she ended up. So yeah, I would rather give them 4k for tix and never use them than fork over 28k. But such is life.

Obsessive is the length of this post. You're not that interesting. Please disappear again, dawg boy.

Obsessive is the length of this post. You're not that interesting. Please disappear again, dawg boy.[/QUOT
Not a chance kook guy stalker....and if anyone can spot obsessive....

Last edited:
Bullying? Let me guess, you're Ed's wife?
Nah, my wife would have smirked at you for harboring these issues from 6 plus years ago. Then she would tell me to post more just to go against your wishes of me to leave C zone. Then she would hope you would get some help. But she would never call you or your behavior bully like. Child-like, much different conversation.

Last edited:

giphy.gif

Nah, my wife would have smirked at you for harboring these issues from 6 plus years ago. Then she would tell me to post more just to go against your wishes of me to leave C zone. Then she would hope you would get some help. But she would never call you or your behavior bully like. Child-like, much different conversation.

Stay classy. Keep posting, even though your devotion to a coach who destroyed the program puzzles me to this day. Admitting you were wrong, when appropriate, isn't a bad thing. Personally, I was a huge Leach skeptic, I doubted that he had the chops to rebuild the program. I WAS WRONG!!!!!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT