ADVERTISEMENT

Just when I've condemned DKD to the trash heap of Coug

bogusto

Hall Of Fame
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
hoop history he comes on like gangbusters with the best game of his career to push WSU to a close win over ASU. A career high in points, a key defensive stop, impressive drives to the hoop, clutch free throws--he did it all in the Coug win. Where has this version of him been his entire damn career. Even if he had morphed into superman a few games sooner this season, we would be knocking on the door of the upper division of the conference standings. Still, if he can maintain any semblance of that kind of play, we could still do some damage come tourney time.

He played with confidence. Something we have seen glimpses of over the years but mostly it's been the timid version. Good to see and much needed. That step back 3 was Reggile Miller-esque.

I wasn't quite sure why he fell into disfavor. While offensively he can be quite timid, at times, he has always been the best defender on a team that has trouble defending.

No problem though. We all got major pub on a minor sport no one cares about. I wonder if over 100 people ever go to a coug baseball game?I was hoping that baseball was already over :)

El C....I happen to care about Cougar baseball and have ever since I was in college with guys like Dave Edler, Phil Westendorf, Eric Wilkins, Bob Sherwood, etc...I know others who care as well, so don't presume "nobody" cares. Attendance? Last year, Cougars averaged close to 800 per game at home with a high mark of 3,400 vs. OSU. At least for that game, the attendance rivals anything WSU basketball can currently get. But I'm not arguing with you....yes, it's a minor sport. I would think if you are a fan of Washington State University athletics, you wouldn't be so quick to minimize any sport, but rather support it.

That's your choice, but don't be critical of anyone who does care about ALL Cougar sports, including baseball.

Why did you bring up the subject of baseball on a basketball board in the first place? Did I miss something?

Glad Cougar

This post was edited on 2/14 12:07 PM by Glad Cougar

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT