ADVERTISEMENT

Justin Powell

Huge. Shot 44% from 3 at Auburn. Defense may be the question on him. That’s apparently why he got sat by Batnes last year.

Official. A pretty amazing 15-ish minutes for Cougar hoops. Would be nice to add another guard with some quicks but if we can stay healthy, looks like the roster is back in good shape.

Reactions: Coug4life34
The guy can shoot, decent ball handler and he sees the court well, hopefully the change of scenery will improve his game even more. Should be a great addition.

Looks like he is used to the change of scenery routine, in high school, freshman and sophomore years at Trinity High in Louisville, Junior year he transferred to Montverde Academy in Florida didn't last long there, Senior year he returned to Kentucky and played at North Oldham High, were he had to sit out a portion of the year before he was eligible to play. Top 100 recruit and picked up by Auburn, had a decent Freshman year, but hit the portal and transferred Tennessee, minutes were cut, so he hits the portal again and lands at WSU. Apparently he has to sit for a year before he can play, since he already transferred, but I guess there is some technicality that will grant him an exception. Not sure I will ever fully understand the transfer portal, as they seem to have rules, but they don't follow them. Is there anyone that can explain on how that works?

In summary 4 years of high school, 3 schools, 2 year of college, 2 schools, so this school number 6 in 6 years, so if he learned a little from each coach, he should have picked up a lot.

I believe I saw a post that said the technicality that allows him to play next year is the first transfer to Tennessee was before the rule change for immediate eligibility. Technically he hasn't used the "one-time immediate transfer"?

I could have just made that up though.

Wow, amazing, wanted, need a 6-5 that can play PG, pass well, lots of Assist, shoots 3 well(44%), can play all 3 of the 1,2,3 guards/wing spots, rebounds well, did well at NCAA Tourny teams Auburn, Tennessee.

About the only thing lacking for now is defense, but I bet that Smith and staff can help him improve his defense.

3 year eligibility.

That and Gueye back is Amazing, awesome.

Was going to say Smith miraculously pulled rabbit out of hat, but I am beginning to think that Smith can replace, reload whatever lost, regardless of what, how many lost to graduation, NBA, NIL, Transfer Portal, etc.

What a lineup.

Backcourt.

1. Rice, and if he is not ready to go, Justin Powell will be. And Dylan either deep back up or redshirting 2. Bamba, And Justin Powell, and Jabe Mullins. And Dylan either a deep back up or redshirt. 3. Rodman/Powell as primary options. Also Jaki and Jabe Mullins, maybe even Rosario.

Front Court. 5. Jackson and Diongue or Crespin 4. Gueye and Jaki or Crespin. Jaki can also play the 3. And Crespin can back up at both 5,4, wherever can get playing time.

And to think WSU/Smith has another scholly.

This WSU team should be able to either NIT elite 8 to 2nd round elimination in NCAA Tourny.

Win about 17,18,19,20,21,22 wins. 3rd,4th,5th,6th,7th in conference, 1,2 Pac 12 tourny wins.

Team might semi struggle early to semi mid season to start of Pac 12 season, due to what was lost, replaced, reloaded, new faces, maybe lack of jelling, chemistry and maybe having to learn to play, win together, BUT at worst, like last season, team will, would come around gradually, eventually, at worst to at worst make be a 1st round NIT elimination at worst.

ADVERTISEMENT