ADVERTISEMENT

Kent still recruiting 2015

ElComanche

Hall Of Fame
Sep 28, 2007
It looks like Kent is actively recruiting three juco players. They are 7'0 -280 Conor Clifford, 6'10 205 Chris Boucher and 6'0 180 Marcus Johnson Jr, Johnson is the son of the former UCLA player.It would be a huge upgrade in talent if he can land two or all three of these players. I am not sure where the extra scholorships will come .Possibly Davis. Dunbar and /or Boese leaving may be good guesses. If Kent lands these players ,you will not see D11 players getting any minutes next year.

Originally posted by ElComanche:
It looks like Kent is actively recruiting three juco players. They are 7'0 -280 Conor Clifford, 6'10 205 Chris Boucher and 6'0 180 Marcus Johnson Jr, Johnson is the son of the former UCLA player.It would be a huge upgrade in talent if he can land two or all three of these players. I am not sure where the extra scholorships will come .Possibly Davis. Dunbar and /or Boese leaving may be good guesses. If Kent lands these players ,you will not see D11 players getting any minutes next year.
Coaches always find room for better players. It is a cutthroat game they play. Remember Tanner Lancona? Hopefully, they will be able to get one of these players.

Yes indeed .Lord knows that many were recruited under the Bonehead '
flush.r191677.gif
s tenure

Dunbar and Cheatum are viable candidates to leave. Neither is remotely a Pac-12 player. Didn't see enough of Davis to even form an opinion. Cheatum certainly leaving before Boese.

The Boucher kid had insane JC numbers and would be a real recruiting coup.

Marcus Johnson Jr is from North Carolina. He's not the son of Marques Johnson or any other Johnson who played at UCLA.

Yes, those three potential recruits would be huge upgrades to three of the guys Kent brought in last year: Davis, Cheatum, and Dunbar. Hope at least one of them comes our way.

Glad Cougar

I have a good feeling about all of these guys. I believe that Cliiford is visiting this weekend.I guess that i am wrong about Johnson but he is rated as one of the best juco PG s around. I have watched film on he and Boucher and i am impressed. There does not appear to be videos available on Clifford. The available write ups say he has excellent hands, a great work ethic but is a plodder who is slow afoot, They say he establishes position very well and is able to seal the defender off but plays at the rim level. His field goal percentage is .634 % which i really like. He lost 35 pds and used to weigh over 300 lbs.He supposedly showed great improvement during his year in the jucos. he averaged 14.7 ps and 6.4 rbs on a championship team.He would be a very good pickup.

I personally like Dunbar a lot but he's just not a Pac 12 player at this point. I saw Marcus Johnson, JR was the Marcus Johnson's son as well...although he has a son named Marcus so that was confusing unless he's like George Foreman naming all his son's George.

We need all 3 of these players. Clifford has nice size and would add depth to the Houston transfer, Johnson can shoot and score but from the video I saw is more of a pass first pg. Boucher seems to have the highest ceiling and could probably slide down to the 3 with his athleticism and shooting ability.

Seems like Boucher will have a ton of offers while the other team may be more realistic options. I am sure they are looking at others so as we already knew attrition is coming this spring.

Yeah Tanner has left St. Louis, guess he didn't work out there.

Another player been recruited was Rob Gray a 6'2 combo guard from the juco ranks He has three years of eligibility left..He reportedly was going to Tennessee.However their coach was just fired. He is still considering Texas Tech and memphis and the cougs may still be in the running.

This post was edited on 3/28 9:59 AM by ElComanche

Very glad to see coach is still looking to bring in more talent for next year. Not sure who if any would be leaving, but the probables would be Davis, Dunbar and Cheatum. All were last second recruits last year with not a ton of D-1 interest. I think our top recruit coming in so far is Suggs, I think he has the most potential to play major minutes. King was injured at the end of last year and had suspect numbers for a guy reported to be a scorer. I was hoping to see Franks at state but they didn't make it. I did the next best thing and talked to as many coaches I could find who played against him or had watched him play. Sounds like he has a long way to go before he is any kind of major contributor. All three of these guys being recruited would at least on paper help fill needs WSU has. Bring em home COACH KENT!!!

Rivals/247 list him as a point guard but seems more like a shooting guard from the little bit of video I found on him.

Hope springs eternal this time of year.

According to 247,King was rated as the 21st juco nationally and 2nd in the state of California. What impressed me was his ability to create his own shot.There were some indications that he and his coach were not always on the same page.I was disapointed in Lacy's senior year as he seem to have his worst games against the better teams. The cougs can definitely use a couple of scorers.Suggs seems to be able to get his pts in the natural flow of the game and that is always a good thing.So hopefully Kent will be to recruit a couple of good players to round out the roster.

Getting Marcus Johnson's kid would be a PR boost to the program. MJ used to be the sonics color guy for a few years with KC, and then he went on to Fox Sports.

It has been posted that he is not the son of that Marcus Johnson. Also Chris Boucher has set up three visits to three programs and the cougs are not among them.

It has been posted that he is not the son of that Marcus Johnson. Also Chris Boucher has set up thee official visits and the cougs are not one of them.

if he's not "that" Marcus Johnson's son, we don't want him....

...actually, I think his son was Chris Johnson who went to UCLA.

I think he also had a son Marcus who went to SC. This Marcus, Jr looks like an upgrade so hopefully we get a visit from him and/or the combo guard.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT