ADVERTISEMENT

Kershaw gone.

Kid came in with "chip on his shoulder" to prove Eastern Washington kids were being slept on. Doesn't last spring semester before his freshman year. Tell me why we should recruit WA kids again?

Reactions: chipdouglas
Kid came in with "chip on his shoulder" to prove Eastern Washington kids were being slept on. Doesn't last spring semester before his freshman year. Tell me why we should recruit WA kids again?
I thought the same thing. Not a good look for him. PAC 12 ain't A ball. He was a big fish in a little pond at LaSalle.

Football a tough sport, probably injured, but team can’t talk about players medical history

One trip thru the state. Whoever is interested, great. Otherwise, next flight to LA.

Problem is the coaching staff looked at him and felt he had the chops. They liked him early. One look at his film showed someone who was a Big Sky talent who might be able to contribute at the MWest level if he brought a lot of heart.

Every coaching staff has it's misses. But you don't want to be missing on guys every else correctly wrote off.

I thought the same thing. Not a good look for him. PAC 12 ain't A ball. He was a big fish in a little pond at LaSalle.

He's an FSP kid. 0-2 for Rolo here. Hector who had the talent but is a known knucklehead and Kershaw who talked a lot of trash for a kid who didn't last spring practice. But recruiting locally will help with the Apple Cup amirite?

Waste of a scholarship and makes EWA look bad.

Reactions: mikalalas
I think the only EW kid on the roster with a schollie is Marsh and he was a walk-on.

it’s a bit baffling to be honest.

Problem is the coaching staff looked at him and felt he had the chops. They liked him early. One look at his film showed someone who was a Big Sky talent who might be able to contribute at the MWest level if he brought a lot of heart.

Every coaching staff has it's misses. But you don't want to be missing on guys every else correctly wrote off.

I liked him as a RB more than defensive player.

Agree tho. You will not go far in P5 football if you dont know what you’re looking at. Evaluation is crucial.

But...but...but...WE WON'T HAVE ANY STATE OF WASHINGTON KIDS!!!!

Fools gold.

Oh well. Sign 20 kids from SoCal every year. Have an army of kids coming up. Create a support network for parents. Make WSU an easy choice cause there are so many kids coming up.

Or chase in state kids that wont be bothered to visit campus.

Reactions: CougSinceBirth
Oh well. Sign 20 kids from SoCal every year. Have an army of kids coming up. Create a support network for parents. Make WSU an easy choice cause there are so many kids coming up.

Exactly. Give me the best 25 kids to win the most games - doesn't really matter where they're from.

If your right(And you are probably right, if you got inside sources who told you this), and if it wasnt a injury, etc, and if Rolo really did just offer him, without looking at film first, when everybody else said no, that's what I find bad.

He Rolo, Dickert should at least look at Film first, and look at all the other coaches saying no first before deciding whether to offer or not(And you hope a offer is not forthcoming at this point.

Another Part of the Problem, is that Tracy Ford has WRONGLY become part of WA/PNW Highschool, College, development, training, Recruiting scene, and he WRONGLY has a lot of control, MANIPULATION over the MEDIA, PARENTS, RECRUITS, POLITICIAN, maybe even a few, couple, some WSU fans. Because of that, and because as a new coach he doesnt know the intricacies of WA, and because of that He Rolo said that he is, was going to recruit WA more, and because he was under a lot of pressure, heat, manipulation, etc, to recruit WA, that combined with the kind of mistake you describe is probably why he recruited Kershaw. He probably thought:

Wow, this kid looks good(without seeing video first), and since he looks good, and since Tracy Ford is Nagging, Pushing this kid to me, and since parents, HS coaches, Media seem to back up support Ford, then I am going to make Ford, Parents, Fans, Media, HS coaches happy, because this kid is good, and that will open up future recruiting opportunities in WA, and this kid can be developed into a Pac 12/WSU CONTRIBUTOR by his Junior or Senior Year.

Months Later after seeing Film:

Well I probably shouldnt have offered, as its borderline offer/no offer, because even tho he is a HIGH Big Sky, to Mid Mountain West Mid Major recruit, maybe he can be a LOW 3rd string Pac 12/WSU contributor, by his 5th year senior year.

Spring Practice:

Oh crap, he is worse then in the film, no way this kid can play at the Pac 12 level.

Next year, season, I am not going to trust Tracy Ford, nor the parents, nor the fans, nor the media, nor the WSU Alums, Admin, etc. And I am only going to recruit WA Sporadically, and only go after the 3 star/3.5 stars that are interested.

Memo to myself, since I am going to do that, I am going to have to be careful, tactful, diplomatic, political, etc, and might have to tell white lies that I am going to recruit WA more, so as to not totally burn WA recruiting bridges in this state in case there are 3 star/3.5 star WA recruits worth recruiting in the future.

But other then that, I am DONE with WA, unless WA has a 3/3.5 star WORTH recruiting.

At least Rolo had the good sense to move Kershaw. Wulf would have either just kept him, fail to move him on down the road.

One hopes that Rolo has learned his lesson from this.

Or GO NATIONAL, SCOUR THE WHOLE NATION HARD TO GET 3 STAR/3.5 STAR/LOWEST END 4 STARS, where those type of recruits will say yes to WSU because they are not lied to, manipulated, told never to goto WSU in WA, and are not told by UCLA, USC, etc, parents, fans, coaches, media, in So Cal to dont goto WSU, WSU is BORING, WSU is a LOSER college, WSU is 10,000 miles away in the North Pole, to where they are not only are told that, they BELIEVE the BAD that is told about WSU, because of WULF.

Its going to take a more years of success to change that, until then go NATIONAL.

I think the only EW kid on the roster with a schollie is Marsh and he was a walk-on.

There hasn't been all that much talent coming out of the 509 for the past few years. There was an amazing run during the Sankey/Halliday/Travis Long era but its really tapered off. There was the kid out at CV (Brandon Thomas) who probably had the chops to play at the D-1 level but cancer took his leg - really tragic but a cool story overcoming adversity.

A lot of that is the youth programs aren't as focused as they once were. I'm familiar with a lot of the dads that were coaching during that time and, quite honestly, they had more chops than virtually every high school program out there. Some really accomplished athletes and professionals.

Not sure about down in the Tri Cities but football just ain't the thing it once was in Spokane. It's all basketball, all the time now.

There hasn't been all that much talent coming out of the 509 for the past few years. There was an amazing run during the Sankey/Halliday/Travis Long era but its really tapered off. There was the kid out at CV (Brandon Thomas) who probably had the chops to play at the D-1 level but cancer took his leg - really tragic but a cool story overcoming adversity.

A lot of that is the youth programs aren't as focused as they once were. I'm familiar with a lot of the dads that were coaching during that time and, quite honestly, they had more chops than virtually every high school program out there. Some really accomplished athletes and professionals.

Not sure about down in the Tri Cities but football just ain't the thing it once was in Spokane. It's all basketball, all the time now.
Spot on, 11.
There was a coach back in the 70's in Wenatchee named Lee Bofto who had some amazing runs at Wenatchee High School. He did it by developing kids starting at the youth football level. He or one of his coaches were at every game and he made sure every team ran HIS offense and HIS defense. He actively scouted and started talking to players at both junior highs in the 7th grade. By the time they hit their sophomore year the linemen knew their assignments and the backs, receivers and defensive side of the ball had their roles down to a T. Made it easy for he and his staff to focus on turning a bunch of farm boys into beasts. The guy really invested a lot of time into early development.

Exactly. Give me the best 25 kids to win the most games - doesn't really matter where they're from.

Imo, it does matter where they’re from. I lived in Texas. Sports talk radio there shit all over WSU for its “high school stadium.” There are no kids that want to leave Texas for WSU. You arent going to go down there and get kids that wanna be in Pullman.

Same for Florida. Could you find a few guys that shake out for you? Yes. Are you getting the ROI you need? Prob not.

Take 20 from SoCal. Fill in with WA and HI. Call it good.

Reactions: wazzucougs96
Spot on, 11.
There was a coach back in the 70's in Wenatchee named Lee Bofto who had some amazing runs at Wenatchee High School. He did it by developing kids starting at the youth football level. He or one of his coaches were at every game and he made sure every team ran HIS offense and HIS defense. He actively scouted and started talking to players at both junior highs in the 7th grade. By the time they hit their sophomore year the linemen knew their assignments and the backs, receivers and defensive side of the ball had their roles down to a T. Made it easy for he and his staff to focus on turning a bunch of farm boys into beasts. The guy really invested a lot of time into early development.

I would argue that good coaches find schemes that fit the kids they have... then they coach em up. This coach prob could have run any scheme he wanted because he was a great coach with a plan. It was organized, cohesive, motivated and consistent. He had a process.

It’s 2021. If your high school hasnt figured it out by now, transfer somewhere that does. Absolutely ridiculous to have so many piss poor HS programs across the country.

Bacon deserved a schollie this year and the staff told him to get lost. Rolo is a clown until proven otherwise.

Reactions: etowncoug
Imo, it does matter where they’re from. I lived in Texas. Sports talk radio there shit all over WSU for its “high school stadium.” There are no kids that want to leave Texas for WSU. You arent going to go down there and get kids that wanna be in Pullman.

Same for Florida. Could you find a few guys that shake out for you? Yes. Are you getting the ROI you need? Prob not.

Bingo. No good player is flying over 75 other D-1 schools to come to WSU from east of the Rockies. Total waste of time recruiting down there.

Reactions: BiggsCoug

What your not getting is that even if WSU ONLY gets about 1 3 star, or 1 3.5 star or 1 4 star either per each of the 50 states, or every other state or at least 13 to 23 states, in the country to come to WSU per about every 1,2,3,4, years, that is very realistic, doable, and Mike Price, Mike Leach, and Kyle Smith has PROVED it, DONE IT.

Thats a lot of 3 star, 3.5 star 3.75 star, lowest ended 4 stars coming to WSU, and thus causing WSU to win more games(Assuming a ok, good coach), because WSU, coaches spending a LOT of money on things like Travel expenses, Social Media, etc, to do that.

LEAVE NO Semi highly rated UNTURNED ROCK UNCHECKED.

How many 3 star, 3.5 star, 3.75 star, 4 star, 4.5 star kids does Kyle Smith Talk to around the Nation? A LOT probably HUNDREDS.

And where are they all from, from ALL OVER THE WORLD.

Heck if the only way to get a 5 star were to goto the moon to talk to a 5 star recruit on the moon, he Smith would do it.

That is why Kyle Smith has brought in more 3 stars, 3.5 stars, 3.75 stars, 4 stars, 4.5 stars, and the highest rated bball recruits, classes in all of WSU's 115+ year history, and has gotten a class a high as 27,28,29th, and. Another class that is rated about 39th.

And Smith did that by GOING NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL.

And I know you will say that Mens Basketball and Mens Football are different.

But since Mike Price, Mike Leach have joined Smith in getting a LOT of 3,4,5 star recruits to goto WSU by going NATIONAL, INTERNATIONAL, THEN THAT PROVES YOU ARE WRONG, AND ARE ILLOGICAL AS MR SPOCK WOULD SAY.

YOU ARE RIGHT ABOUT A LOT OF THINGS BIGGS, BUT TRYING TO LIMIT WSU TO JUST ONLY SO CAL, ETC, IS NOT ONE OF THE THINGS YOUR RIGHT ABOUT AND IS ONE OF THE THINGS YOUR WRONG ABOUT

Now your being the EL C of the Football board. El C would argue until he blue in the face that that Smith is a BAD recruiter, despite the evidence to the contrary, and just like that you will argu to your blue in face that Price, Leach, Smith should just only recruit So Cal, and not go NATIONAL, INTERNATIONAL,despite the evidence against you.

At least I can be proven, persuaded that I am logically wrong, when I thought I was right, when I had my what I thought was logical reasons for thinking that I was right, and I admitted that the counter logic, thought, argument made sense and that I was probably wrong.

I have never ever seen you admit, be proven your wrong on, about football, WSU Football, etc.

I am not the ultimate expert. But hey even tho I am not the expert, i can, do think logically.

And I am telling you that it is ILLOGICAL to say or think that Price, Leach, Smith, etc, shouldnt go NATIONAL, INTERNATIONAL, when they have had SOOO MUCH EFFIN SUCCESS IN RECRUITING GOING NATIONAL, INTERNATIONAL, and should instead just have stayed in So Cal.

ILLOGICAL BIGGS, DOES NOT COMPUTE.

PLEASE HELP ME COMPUTE THIS.

Last edited:

Not really. There is very Pac-12 caliber talent coming out of the GSL and Mid-Columbia. Both leagues combined, about one guy every other year. The most consistent producer is Gonzaga Prep. Travis Long would be the last GP guy that went to WSU (I'm excluding walk-ons). Wenatchee is probably second.

You'd be better served recruiting Coeur d' Alene.

Bingo. No good player is flying over 75 other D-1 schools to come to WSU from east of the Rockies. Total waste of time recruiting down there.

Hawaii (somewhat), and American Samoa (to a greater extent), maybe the Pacific Rim area are the only areas that I believe are still under-recruited. Mom and dad don't have the cash lying around for a trip to the mainland for a recruiting camp. Average salary in Pago Pago is $27,000.

Still, where you have guys that Harris that are "too small" or "too slow" coming out of places like Texas and Florida.

I was more thinking along your lines...there's plenty of talent on the West Coast alone (and mostly So. Cal) that WSU can use their resources much better.

What your not getting is that even if WSU ONLY gets about 1 3 star, or 1 3.5 star or 1 4 star either per each of the 50 states, or every other state or at least 13 to 23 states, in the country to come to WSU per about every 1,2,3,4, years, that is very realistic, doable, and Mike Price, Mike Leach, and Kyle Smith has PROVED it, DONE IT.

Thats a lot of 3 star, 3.5 star 3.75 star, lowest ended 4 stars coming to WSU, and thus causing WSU to win more games(Assuming a ok, good coach), because WSU, coaches spending a LOT of money on things like Travel expenses, Social Media, etc, to do that.

LEAVE NO Semi highly rated UNTURNED ROCK UNCHECKED.

How many 3 star, 3.5 star, 3.75 star, 4 star, 4.5 star kids does Kyle Smith Talk to around the Nation? A LOT probably HUNDREDS.

And where are they all from, from ALL OVER THE WORLD.

Heck if the only way to get a 5 star were to goto the moon to talk to a 5 star recruit on the moon, he Smith would do it.

That is why Kyle Smith has brought in more 3 stars, 3.5 stars, 3.75 stars, 4 stars, 4.5 stars, and the highest rated bball recruits, classes in all of WSU's 115+ year history, and has gotten a class a high as 27,28,29th, and. Another class that is rated about 39th.

And Smith did that by GOING NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL.

And I know you will say that Mens Basketball and Mens Football are different.

But since Mike Price, Mike Leach have joined Smith in getting a LOT of 3,4,5 star recruits to goto WSU by going NATIONAL, INTERNATIONAL, THEN THAT PROVES YOU ARE WRONG, AND ARE ILLOGICAL AS MR SPOCK WOULD SAY.

YOU ARE RIGHT ABOUT A LOT OF THINGS BIGGS, BUT TRYING TO LIMIT WSU TO JUST ONLY SO CAL, ETC, IS NOT ONE OF THE THINGS YOUR RIGHT ABOUT AND IS ONE OF THE THINGS YOUR WRONG ABOUT

Now your being the EL C of the Football board. El C would argue until he blue in the face that that Smith is a BAD recruiter, despite the evidence to the contrary, and just like that you will argu to your blue in face that Price, Leach, Smith should just only recruit So Cal, and not go NATIONAL, INTERNATIONAL,despite the evidence against you.

At least I can be proven, persuaded that I am logically wrong, when I thought I was right, when I had my what I thought was logical reasons for thinking that I was right, and I admitted that the counter logic, thought, argument made sense and that I was probably wrong.

I have never ever seen you admit, be proven your wrong on, about football, WSU Football, etc.

I am not the ultimate expert. But hey even tho I am not the expert, i can, do think logically.

And I am telling you that it is ILLOGICAL to say or think that Price, Leach, Smith, etc, shouldnt go NATIONAL, INTERNATIONAL, when they have had SOOO MUCH EFFIN SUCCESS IN RECRUITING GOING NATIONAL, INTERNATIONAL, and should instead just have stayed in So Cal.

ILLOGICAL BIGGS, DOES NOT COMPUTE.

PLEASE HELP ME COMPUTE THIS.

Also so Devard Darling, who was a 3 star to 3.25 star to 3.5 star to 3.75 star WR, who came from Florida, guess WSU should have just passed on him, atayed in So Cal, and thus probably wouldnt have had as good of a season because DEVARD DARLING FROM FLORIDA EAST OF THE ROCKIES, OUTSIDE OF So Cal, was a GIANT part, reason why WSU had such a good year that season, because the QB wasnt a Bledsoe, Leaf, no that QB was a Matt Kegal who NEEDED 1,2 DEVARD DARLING level WR's combined with a good defense to win that many wins.

Take away Devard Darling, and WSU would have won 1,2,3 less games. Thats a HUGE difference.

You have to offer something that the kid isn't getting at any number of schools closer to home.

If you are a California kid and don’t have grades to get into Stanford or Cal... and UCLA and SC dont offer... you are leaving the state.

If you are in Texas.... and all the P5 schools there dont offer... are you really P5 talent???

I was more thinking along your lines...there's plenty of talent on the West Coast alone (and mostly So. Cal) that WSU can use their resources much better.

Yes. WSU is a 3 star development school. The 4 star kids are far and few between. They wont even step on campus. Why go to Texas or Florida to find developmental kids when the West Coast is full of them???

You should have told that to Price, Leach while they were raking in some semi highly rated recruits from around the country en route to their success. Or to Kyle Smith.

You could make a even bigger case for that in basketball, as Biggs has rightly pointed ou, BASKETBALL is MORE POPULAR on the West Coast, and what with Roster sizes only being about 14 players, and with thousands, 10's of thousands, hundreds of thousands, maybe even a million to millions of BBall players on the west coast at the HS Level, and about 1500 to 3000 to 5000 to 7000, semi high mid major D1 talent on the west coast, it should be EASIER for basketball to stay in So Cal, fill up their Roster with semi high rated recruited, and do well then it would be for Football.

Football has 85 schollies to fill per team. The 12 Pac 12 teams need about 1000 Semi Kinda semi high rated,high mid major to low to mid P5 D1, 3 star, etc, players to fill their rosters. There's probably only about 650 to 750 to 850 players on the west coast that fit that.

So Bball, Smith should have a easier time then football recruiting So Cal, and should stay in, and ONLY recruit So Cal, more then football should according to what you guys are saying.

So Smith should have never gotten 4.5 star Gueye, because he from outside So Cal. And shouldnt have gotten 4 star Noah, from Seattle, as thats from outside, So Cal, and Should never have gotten 3.5 star to 3.75 star EFE, Same for Canadien 3.5 star Koulibaly, same for 4 star AJ, nope guys WSU shouldnt have gotten you guys as your outside So Cal, your not worth the time, money it cost to get you. Be sure to remember that while enjoying Smith's success.

And you can tell Sasser, and many of the great 3.5 star Dlinemen from American Samoa that attended WSU over the Decades. Nope guys, WSU doesnt need you guys, your not from So Cal, your not worth the time, money spent. Can also tell that to Devard Darling, Minshew, Ryan Long the 3 star Canadien. Nope WSU didnt need you, shouldnt have gotten you, because your outside of So Cal, and are not worth the time and money to find, get you.

Same with Reuben Mayes, Keith Millard, etc. Nope you guy should have never come to WSU because your from outside So Cal, and WSU should not recruit outside So Cal, as its not worth the time to recruit players outside So Cal

And if I was more knowledgeable about all the many LOTS of 3, 3.5 stars outside So Cal, I could and would go on and on and on about how WSU should never have recruited them, as they werent worth the time and Money, because they were OUTSIDE So Cal

Think I have made my point very well.

Agree with just about everything from most here about where to recruit and what resources to deploy, but re Kershaw's case, we don't know much. May have had some kind of freak injury that ended his career. It happens, especially when you're in drills with players your equal or better, not some kids at Granger or White Swan. Of course, he could have just suffered some adversity or shock and threw in the towel. We just don't know.

Re Texas or Florida, it's complex. If WSU is viewed as a threat by some programs' media minions, they may talk about WSU's "high school stadium," and we're not going to be able to go in and pull several top players from a major league. That said, WSU / Pullman also are viewed more positively by Texas and Florida kids than kids from the Puget Sound, SoCal, and other west coast areas. They haven't had WSU's purported inferior status and Pullman being at the end of the earth inculcated since birth. So recruiting some players there in a targeted way can make sense. Those places are so loaded with P5 talent that even if the major in-state P5 schools pass on them, they can still play. Our most recent commitment is a 3-star OL from Texas who committed to WSU over ASU, among other places. Not offered by Texas, Oklahoma, A&M, or even Baylor or Oklahoma State, but likely more feasible to get his commitment than if you took that same player and had him playing in Federal Way.

The disagreement is just at the margin, though, if at all. Most of our talent should come from California, and it's feasible for WSU to recruit there. I'd like to WSU explore more inefficiently-recruited areas like the islands.

Yes. WSU is a 3 star development school. The 4 star kids are far and few between. They wont even step on campus. Why go to Texas or Florida to find developmental kids when the West Coast is full of them???

3-star players aren't a monolith. That ranking encompasses a range of players from the sure-fire NFL player Travell Harris all the way to the guy being shit on by many here, Kershaw. We need more Travells.

Oh really 4 star kids are so full of shet that they wont step on WSU's campus

WSU 4 stars:

Football:

Keith Millard

Reuben Mays

Steve Brousard

Jeremy Williams

Drew Bledsoe

Ryan Leaf

Jerome Harrison

A 4 star Doba HC safety that washed out.

Tyler Hilinski

Bruggs

Anthony Mclannahan

Champ Simmons

Sammy Moore

Devard Darling

A 4 star DL dor Leach

A 4 star LB for Leach

Marcus Trufant.

4 star Hector for Rolo

4 star QB Guarantano for Rolo

4 star Gabe Marks

4 star Wilson for Wulf(Heck even WSU's worst coach ever in WSU history even got a 4 star)

Wulf's 4 star LB CJ Mizel

4 star QB JDL(Man WSU sure rakes in 4 star QB's from outside So Cal

Sure there are some that I forgot and will let me know, as well as 1,2,3,4 that are actually 3 stars.

Bball:

Gueye: 4.5 star
Dischon 4 star
Efe 3.75 star(would have bern rated higher if not for injury
Koulibaly would have been rated 4 star if not for injury, was a3.75 star
Noah 4 star
AJ 4 star
Rosario 4 star
Isabel 4 star
Ike Iroegbu
Que 4 star
Klay 4 star
Ike Fontaine 4 stars
Hendrickson 4 stars
Terrence Lewis 4 stars
Tony Harris 4 stars
Benny Seltzer 4 stars
Guy Williams 4 stars
Stuart House 4 stars.

And some to a lot of those 4 stars came from outside So Cal, they werent Worth the Time or Money to recruit

Yep screw all the 3 star, 3.5 star 4 star, 4.5 star cougs that came from outside So Cal they should never have been recruited, and werent worth the time and money and WSU should have just stayed in So Cal instead.

So says KING EMPEROR ALWAYS RIGHT NEVER WRONG BIGGS AND CO

Agree with just about everything from most here about where to recruit and what resources to deploy, but re Kershaw's case, we don't know much. May have had some kind of freak injury that ended his career. It happens, especially when you're in drills with players your equal or better, not some kids at Granger or White Swan. Of course, he could have just suffered some adversity or shock and threw in the towel. We just don't know.

Re Texas or Florida, it's complex. If WSU is viewed as a threat by some programs' media minions, they may talk about WSU's "high school stadium," and we're not going to be able to go in and pull several top players from a major league. That said, WSU / Pullman also are viewed more positively by Texas and Florida kids than kids from the Puget Sound, SoCal, and other west coast areas. They haven't had WSU's purported inferior status and Pullman being at the end of the earth inculcated since birth. So recruiting some players there in a targeted way can make sense. Those places are so loaded with P5 talent that even if the major in-state P5 schools pass on them, they can still play. Our most recent commitment is a 3-star OL from Texas who committed to WSU over ASU, among other places. Not offered by Texas, Oklahoma, A&M, or even Baylor or Oklahoma State, but likely more feasible to get his commitment than if you took that same player and had him playing in Federal Way.

The disagreement is just at the margin, though, if at all. Most of our talent should come from California, and it's feasible for WSU to recruit there. I'd like to WSU explore more inefficiently-recruited areas like the islands.

Nope NOT allowed according to Biggs and others, as recruits must come from So Cal.

Look I too want WSU to recruit So Cal more. WSU desperately needs to recruit So Cal more, and do better at the more it WSU recruits in So Cal.

But your also absolutly right that WSU can and has had Mike Price, Leach, Kyle Smith Successfully recruit 3 stars, 3.5 stars, 4 stars, 4.5 star, and even the best 5 star in the country #1 Parade All American Stuart House(Eastern USA), from OUTSIDE So Cal.

As long as it works do it. If its not currently working dont do it.

If going NATIONAL and international contimues to work as well as it has for PRICE, LEACH SMITH, then keep doing it.

If your as bad as Wulf then dont go National, international, as that wont help, better for Wulf type to stay 100% in So Cal where at least there would be infrustructure for the next coach.

Ideally a WSU coach should recruit So Cal Primarily as the MAIN BASE, and then expand to Texas, Florida, Colorado, Utah, Arizona, PNW, Oklahoma, Hawai, American Samoa, SEC country

Nope NOT allowed according to Biggs and others, as recruits must come from So Cal.

Look I too want WSU to recruit So Cal more. WSU desperately needs to recruit So Cal more, and do better at the more it WSU recruits in So Cal.

But your also absolutly right that WSU can and has had Mike Price, Leach, Kyle Smith Successfully recruit 3 stars, 3.5 stars, 4 stars, 4.5 star, and even the best 5 star in the country #1 Parade All American Stuart House(Eastern USA), from OUTSIDE So Cal.

As long as it works do it. If its not currently working dont do it.

If going NATIONAL and international contimues to work as well as it has for PRICE, LEACH SMITH, then keep doing it.

If your as bad as Wulf then dont go National, international, as that wont help, better for Wulf type to stay 100% in So Cal where at least there would be infrustructure for the next coach.

Ideally a WSU coach should recruit So Cal Primarily as the MAIN BASE, and then expand to Texas, Florida, Colorado, Utah, Arizona, PNW, Oklahoma, Hawai, American Samoa, Georgia, L

Here are 3 reasons why its better to get 3 star to 3.25 star to 3.5 star to 3.75 star kids from SEC Land.

1. SEC KID ARE BORN, LIVE, EAT, DIE WITH A FOOTBALL IN THEIR HANDS PLAYING FOOTBALL

2. Because of that there are more and better players in the SEC, Florida Portion of the ACC, then on the West coast.

3. After the ACC, SEC programs, Not the Dukes, Kentucky's, Vanderbilt)take their claim, the left overs are about 3 stars, 3.5 stars, 3.75 stars that WSU, can, and have easily claimed in past like DEVARD Darling for example who was a 3.75 star recruit was a SEC LEFT OVER.

4. SEC LEFTOVERS ARE BETTER THEN PAC 12 LEFTOVERS

5. IF DEVARD DARLING had went to a WA HS, he would have torn it up so good he would have been rated a 4 star, 4.5 star, 5 star, instead of being rated a highest ended 3.75 star recruit.

6. The 3.75 STAR LEFT OVER SEC RECRUIT not only has a even bigger chip on their should, but they have a higher chance to develop.

But REALLY this misses the point.

I dont effin care about location.

1. WSU Smith, Price, Leach have PROVED that WSU can in fact get about a 3.5 star to 3.85 star recruit on a SEMI CONSISTENT BASIS.

Either get that 3.5 star to 3.85 star recruit in So Cal, or wherever, if that means you take a 3.85 star LEFT OVER SEC recruit, then so be it. If that means that you get a 3.85 star recruit from So Cal, instead of SEC, then so be it.

And that is why SMITH has gotten a 4.5 star recruit. If Smith did it BIGGS way and only recruited So Cal, he Smith would have never been able to recruit a 4.5 star recruit.

And Smith got a 4.5 star recruit because he searches everywhere including So Cal.

I hope SMITH NEVER EVER does, follows Biggs STUPID idea of only Recruiting So Cal, thats just as bad as those who say to recruit WA.

Another comparison say a man has a HARD time finding a date, relationship, girlfriend Wife.

Now say that guy can only find, get either 450 pound women, or EXTREME Drama Queens where he lives

Now Suppose there are about 139 to 150 pound to 167 to 183 pound women, that are nice on both the outside and inside, that lived 1500 miles away from him, that would date, enter a relationship, marry the guy. Now granted there are not a lot of them, and a lot of them are LEFT OVERS, because maybe there just happens to be a exceedingly lot of good looking women that are both nice inside qnd outside, in that spot 1500 miles away.

So question, should that man risk getting a LEFT OVER 1.5 star/2 star/2.5 star/2.75 star 275 pound to 450 pound woman/125 pound DRAMA QUEEN JERK, where he lives, or should that Man(WSU) go 1500 miles to find get the 3.33 to 3.5 to 3.65 star Woman that is 139 to 150 to 167 to 183 pound nice inside and out, that he has some things in common with, that is a LEFT OVER because of all the great girls, women in the area, that will not just only settle for guy but like the guy, see the good things about the guy, see the fun, opportunities, etc.

I have known of both men and women who have done that.

I have also known men and Women that just stayed in their lane, their area, and settle for less, jerks, a holes, abusers, 285 to 450 pound UNHEALTHY men, women, that they had nothing in common with, just because they felt they had to stay in their version of So Cal, or because they thought their dating pool was bigger in their So Cal then it actually was, and didnt think they needed to expand their search area.

I know its not an exact comparison. But for WSU to DATE 3.25 stars, 3.5 stars, 3.75 stars, WSU needs to search the NATION for those Dates, etc.

West coast? Or California?

According to the Yakima Herald, Kershaw gave up football because of a back injury.

"La Salle graduate Ryan Kershaw’s chance to play football for his “dream” school, Washington State, came to an abrupt end late last week.

Kershaw, who practiced during the Cougars’ spring drills last month, is stepping away from the sport because a previous back injury began to give him trouble again, a source said."

According to the Yakima Herald, Kershaw gave up football because of a back injury.

"La Salle graduate Ryan Kershaw’s chance to play football for his “dream” school, Washington State, came to an abrupt end late last week.

Kershaw, who practiced during the Cougars’ spring drills last month, is stepping away from the sport because a previous back injury began to give him trouble again, a source said."

Bummer. Thanks for the update, 90. Wish the kid a bright future in whatever path he chooses.

You think we could do some due diligence on a local kids injury history.

You think we could do some due diligence on a local kids injury history.
Maybe, maybe not.

Jerry Dipoto while with the Diamondbacks famously passed over Chris Sale in the draft to take a Texas A&M pitcher who flunked his physical.
DBacks didn't sign the kid and the replacement pick they received the next year (after Dipoto left) is a career set up guy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT