ADVERTISEMENT

Kim Aiken

jourdand

Hall Of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
I missed this earlier but Kim Aiken is back in the portal after things not working out so well at Arizona. Doubt WSU is interested or vise versa.

I missed this earlier but Kim Aiken is back in the portal after things not working out so well at Arizona. Doubt WSU is interested or vise versa.

Actually WSU needs a transfer bad enough that IF Kim Aiken were interested(Probably not interested), that WSU should want to get him

He did awesome at EWU, and the only reason he didn't do well at Arizona, is because he believed the stupid drivel Arizona fed him, in trying to get him there for bench depth reasons, etc, and because there was a lot of 3,4,5 star players in front of him. He didn't stand a chance getting playing time, with what was in front of him, so he rotted on the bench, even WSU's Jaki, Tyrell Roberts, and maybe even Flowers, wouldn't have gotten hardly any playing time on Arizona's team.

Kim Aiken, would either co Start, situational start, be a rotational bench player, similar to Jaki, Tyrell Roberts, and would play,card depth to the 3,4 spots, and with Rodman, Jabe, Rosario, Bamba, etc, would help solidify the 3,4 spots, and maybe even 2 spot, and would add more depth, semi flexibility, etc.

After getting rejected by the WSU poli sci department last year, I doubt he has an appetite to return. That to me is still one of the most head scratching calls of all time. This is poli sci, not rocket science, and he had a 3.43 GPA. He'll probably end up at UW, they have a lot of holes to fill.

Oh and according to the college rankings the Poli Sci program is ranked 177th in the US, yet a 3.4 GPA won't get you in?

Last edited:
Graduate school at WSU requires GRE exams not GPA. Life is not a gimmie for everyone

Imo Aiken had a great career at EWU and would have contributed at WSU but was overhyped and overstepped trying to go to Arizona. I can understand why he took the shot. New coach, new system, new players, chance to play/excel at a high profile basketball school but ultimately he wasn’t as good as some projected. I suspect he will end up at a mid major.

Something apparently happened off court that is being kept quiet. Maybe Legans at Portland gives him a shot.

Yeah, something definitely happened at Arizona. He was playing decent minutes and was productive and all of a sudden he was persona non grata supposedly for personal reasons.

Looks to me Aiken did fine vs lower level teams the talent of which he was accustomed to. When they played higher level teams like Michigan his minutes dwindled. Even against lowly Oregon state he only played 10 minutes in a blow out win. He is a solid player and a good guy hopefully he can put what ever happened behind him and move on

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT