Road: Cal

Sun Bowl
Team:
Oregon State (7-3/4-3)
Home: Oregon
Road: ASU

LA Bowl
Team:
Washington State (6-4/3-4) vs. Boise St. (6-0) or Fresno St.(5-1) ,December 17th, 12:30pm
Home: Washington
Road: Arizona

I wish we would drop the Sun and let some G5 conferences have it. It’s like a punishment for a good season.

If we win out, we could still get Vegas or Holiday. Higher seems unlikely. Still also a chance that USC & Utah both qualify for NY6 (or maybe even CFP in USC’s case…although they need a bunch of help) which would move the rest of the conference up a notch.

UCLA, OR OREGON will be in Alamo Bowl, NOT Huskies.

Even tho Huskies are good, they ARE OVERATED, got BLOWN OUT by BAD ASU.

Oregon and UCLA are BETTER then UW.

Also flip flop USC and Utah. It will be USC in Rosebowl, and Utah in Cotton.

Also Utah has a very good chance of losing to Oregon and being in Holiday or Las Vegas or Sun.

And there is a small chance that WSU could finish 8-4, and Ore St lose to Oregon AND ASU, and have ORE St go-to LA bowl.

The rankings should be as follows.

1. USC.

2. Oregon or Utah

3. Oregon or Utah or UCLA

4. Utah or UCLA

5. UCLA or UW

6. Ore St.

7. WSU

Blase' State is my first choice for nothing. Fresneck will bring a bigger crowd than we will, however. Tough call.

Playing the MWC champion, while not sexy, will be a tough task. I'd rather up play that game than a watered down P5 opponent in the Sun Bowl.

Reactions: Cougini5591
Playing the MWC champion, while not sexy, will be a tough task. I'd rather up play that game than a watered down P5 opponent in the Sun Bowl.

When Leach played, BEAT MIAMI(You know the semi blue blood that has gone unbeaten, won national champships in PAST), IN THE SUN BOWL, Miami was 8-4, and NOT A WATERED DOWN EASY P5 OPPONENT.

Reactions: M-I-Coug
When Leach played, BEAT MIAMI(You know the semi blue blood that has gone unbeaten, won national champships in PAST), IN THE SUN BOWL, Miami was 8-4, and NOT A WATERED DOWN EASY P5 OPPONENT.
That was when it was an ACC game. This year, it's an SEC game, and will probably be the #6-8 team.

That was when it was an ACC game. This year, it's an SEC game, and will probably be the #6-8 team.

A #6-#8 SEC team IS NOT a watered down P5 team.

A #6-#8 Big 12, PAC 12 team, and maybe a ACC team as long as NOT a Miami type, is a watered down P5.

If want to say that the bowl date, location, atmosphere, being lower bowl, etc, is bad, ok.

But saying a SEC team is a watered down P5, is not right.

And since, if the Sun Bowl has a SEC team it's NOT likely that the Sun Bowl has a watered down P5.

They absolutely are watered down. Playing in El Paso, TX against a 6-8 P5 opponent with a majority of their best players opting out of the bowl game motivates me about as much as trip to the dentist.

Playing in California against a conference champion in better weather and in front of more of our fans and kids we're actively recruiting makes a Hell of a lot more sense.

I live in the middle of Texas and El Paso is still a 9-hour drive from here. It's insane.

They absolutely are watered down. Playing in El Paso, TX against a 6-8 P5 opponent with a majority of their best players opting out of the bowl game motivates me about as much as trip to the dentist.

Playing in California against a conference champion in better weather and in front of more of our fans and kids we're actively recruiting makes a Hell of a lot more sense.

Ok you keep thinking that #6 SEC team is WATERED DOWN, WHEN THEY WILL PROBABLY USUALLY BLOW OUT A PAC 12 TEAM IN THE SUN BOWL.

That's assuming the #6 SEC team isn't either Leach's MSU or Kentucky or Vandy, and assuming the Pac 12 team in the Sun Bowl isn't USC, Oregon, UCLA, etc.

If it's Utah, UW, Ore St, WSU, etc, in the Sun Bowl, vs NOT Kentucky, Vandy, MSU, etc, the SEC BLOWS OUT THE PAC 12 IN THE SUN BOWL.

And at extreme worst still wins a close game vs the Pac 12.

But oh yeah the SEC is WATERED DOWN.

NOT.

A #6-#8 Big 12, PAC 12 team, and maybe a ACC team as long as NOT a Miami type, is a watered down P5.

If want to say that the bowl date, location, atmosphere, being lower bowl, etc, is bad, ok.

But saying a SEC team is a watered down P5, is not right.

And since, if the Sun Bowl has a SEC team it's NOT likely that the Sun Bowl has a watered down P5.

Don't chug too hard on that SEC kool-aid. One of the teams that was shown as a possible Las Vegas Bowl opponent is Arkansas. Their schedule?

8-2 Cincinnati W
6-4 South Carolina W
4-6 Missouri State W
3-7 Texas A&M L
8-2 Alabama L
6-4 Miss. State L
5-5 BYU W
4-6 Auburn W
8-2 Liberty L
8-2 LSU L

They got destroyed by Alabama and Miss. State and have lost to every decent team that they've faced since the 2nd week of the season.

South Carolina? Crap schedule with only three opponents with winning records. Still only 6-4.

Now, the sad reality is that the Cougs are 5-0 against teams without winning records and 1-4 against teams with winning records. We aren't stellar and winning championships this year, but that doesn't mean that SEC greatness isn't built on mythology as much as anything else. The top of the SEC is always great but there are a lot of mediocre teams in the bottom half of that league.

Only
Don't chug too hard on that SEC kool-aid. One of the teams that was shown as a possible Las Vegas Bowl opponent is Arkansas. Their schedule?

8-2 Cincinnati W
6-4 South Carolina W
4-6 Missouri State W
3-7 Texas A&M L
8-2 Alabama L
6-4 Miss. State L
5-5 BYU W
4-6 Auburn W
8-2 Liberty L
8-2 LSU L

They got destroyed by Alabama and Miss. State and have lost to every decent team that they've faced since the 2nd week of the season.

South Carolina? Crap schedule with only three opponents with winning records. Still only 6-4.

Now, the sad reality is that the Cougs are 5-0 against teams without winning records and 1-4 against teams with winning records. We aren't stellar and winning championships this year, but that doesn't mean that SEC greatness isn't built on mythology as much as anything else. The top of the SEC is always great but there are a lot of mediocre teams in the bottom half of that league.

Vandy, Kentucky, MSU, Ole Miss, Arkansas are not good, not as good, watered down, etc.

The SEC has Alabama, Georgia, LSU, Auburn, Texas A&M, Florida, South Carolina, WHICH USUALLY ARE PRETTY GOOD, NOT WATERED DOWN, BETTER THEN MOST PAC 12, BIG 12 TEAMS.

That's about 7,8 teams that not watered down. There is 14 teams in the SEC, and out of that about 7,8,9 of them are USUALLY, TYPICALLY NOT WATERED DOWN.

It's NOT just only Alabama, Georgia, LSU.

I bleed crimson, gray. My Dad was a WSU alumni that became a Math Teacher. And I like, root for the Pac 12.

But as much as I am a WSU, PAC 12 fan, I'm not letting my crimson glasses, and PAC 12 glasses distort the reality that the top 7,8,9 SEC teams(Not Kentucky, Vandy, Arkansas, MSU, Ole Miss(Which are usually watered down), are traditionally, usually are not watered down and usually beat the Big 12, PAC 12 TEAMS, that not USC, Oklahoma, Texas, etc.

That's usually reality.

You can either stop wearing your crimson glasses, or PAC 12 glasses, or stop drinking WSU, PAC 12 crimson KOOL AID.

Only

Vandy, Kentucky, MSU, Ole Miss, Arkansas are not good, not as good, watered down, etc.

The SEC has Alabama, Georgia, LSU, Auburn, Texas A&M, Florida, South Carolina, WHICH USUALLY ARE PRETTY GOOD, NOT WATERED DOWN, BETTER THEN MOST PAC 12, BIG 12 TEAMS.

That's about 7,8 teams that not watered down. There is 14 teams in the SEC, and out of that about 7,8,9 of them are USUALLY, TYPICALLY NOT WATERED DOWN.

I bleed crimson, gray. My Dad was a WSU alumni that became a Math Teacher. And I like, root for the Pac 12.

But as much as I am a WSU, PAC 12 fan, I'm not letting my crimson glasses, and PAC 12 glasses distort the reality that the top 7,8,9 SEC teams(Not Kentucky, Vandy, Arkansas, MSU, Ole Miss(Which are usually watered down), are traditionally, usually are not watered down and usually beat the Big 12, PAC 12 TEAMS, that not USC, Oklahoma, Texas, etc.

That's usually reality.

You can either stop wearing your crimson glasses, or PAC 12 glasses, or stop drinking WSU, PAC 12 crimson KOOL AID.

South Carolina is 6-4 against the following opponents:

4-6 Georgia State W
5-5 Arkansas L
10-0 Georgia L
2-9 Charlotte W
3-7 S. Carolina State W
6-4 Kentucky W
3-7 Texas A&M W
4-6 Missouri L
4-6 Vandy W
6-4 Florida L

We aren't better than South Carolina but I guarantee that nobody in the top half of the SEC is worried about the Gamecocks. Their best win is against Kentucky but don't be surprised if the Wildcats lose two more to finish 6-6. The four good seasons that the Gamecocks had from 2010-13 has fooled you into thinking that they are better than they really are. They've had at least 6 losses in 7 out of the past 8 years. They've had 8+ losses three times in that span. South Carolina would be a mediocre team in the Pac-12....just like they are in the SEC. EDIT: today shows how teams can win even if they shouldn't. (Arizona over UCLA ::cough cough::)

Texas A&M flat out sucks right now and has a long history of under-achieving. They've had two Top 10 seasons in the past 25 years. We've had four. We've had worse seasons than them, but they've lost 5+ games in 13 of the past 20 years. They like to think that they have a top tier program, but they are the epitome of mediocrity. What's funny is that they had a tougher time in the Big 12 than they did in the SEC.

Last edited:
I acknowledge that my perspective is different that most fans who view things from a National POV. I care more about West coast ball.

Seeing how we match up vs. mediocre teams like Miami, North Carolina State, or Purdue doesn't matter to me. I relate more with fan bases from Boise State, SDSU, etc. Now, if we had a high level season and a top-3 conference finish, that would be a different story, but a 6th or 7th P12 finish? I'd rather stay West and play West.

Only

8-2 Cincinnati W
6-4 South Carolina W
4-6 Missouri State W
3-7 Texas A&M L
8-2 Alabama L
6-4 Miss. State L
5-5 BYU W
4-6 Auburn W
8-2 Liberty L
8-2 LSU L

I acknowledge that my perspective is different that most fans who view things from a National POV. I care more about West coast ball.

Seeing how we match up vs. mediocre teams like Miami, North Carolina State, or Purdue doesn't matter to me. I relate more with fan bases from Boise State, SDSU, etc. Now, if we had a high level season and a top-3 conference finish, that would be a different story, but a 6th or 7th P12 finish? I'd rather stay West and play West.

I kind of agree, but calling the Sun Bowl's SEC affiliation WATERED DOWN, isn't reality, and is a little much, and a little homeristic.

ASo do we want the Cocks or not? And how does that square with regular scheduling Beavers?

Trying to adapt to this new gender fluidity thing.

Tonight shows why they play the games and that even if a team shouldn't have to worry about a team, it doesn't mean that upsets can't happen. Arizona should have never beaten UCLA but they did....and South Carolina had no business winning, but Tennessee obviously didn't take them seriously enough.

FWIW, I'm convinced that we are destined for either the LA bowl or First Responder Bowl. I was looking at the bowl order and even if USC gets into the playoff, we are looking at the following:

1) CFP: USC
2) Rose: Oregon/Utah Winner
3) Alamo: Oregon/Utah Loser
4) Holiday: UCLA
5) Las Vegas: UW (even if we beat UW, they are going to have a better conference and overall record)
6) Sun: Oregon State (at best we can tie them in the standings and nobody wants us there)
7) LA: WSU

The above assumes that the Ducks beat the Beavers and UCLA beats Cal. If we don't get two teams into the NY6, there's a chance that we wouldn't get bumped to the First Responder Bowl and Oregon State would go instead but I wouldn't bet on it. Long story short, unless the Las Vegas Bowl was to host a WSU-Mississippi State game, I wouldn't bet on us getting there...and it only happens if we can beat the mutts.

The Mountain West conference is down this year. I wouldn't mind seeing us play Boise State and smashing them.

Reactions: M-I-Coug

How crazy is it to be calling Miami "mediocre"?

Seeing what happened to Miami and Nebraska still blows my mind.

JC Penny's & Kmart

Reactions: kougkurt
Tonight shows why they play the games and that even if a team shouldn't have to worry about a team, it doesn't mean that upsets can't happen. Arizona should have never beaten UCLA but they did....and South Carolina had no business winning, but Tennessee obviously didn't take them seriously enough.

FWIW, I'm convinced that we are destined for either the LA bowl or First Responder Bowl. I was looking at the bowl order and even if USC gets into the playoff, we are looking at the following:

1) CFP: USC
2) Rose: Oregon/Utah Winner
3) Alamo: Oregon/Utah Loser
4) Holiday: UCLA
5) Las Vegas: UW (even if we beat UW, they are going to have a better conference and overall record)
6) Sun: Oregon State (at best we can tie them in the standings and nobody wants us there)
7) LA: WSU

The above assumes that the Ducks beat the Beavers and UCLA beats Cal. If we don't get two teams into the NY6, there's a chance that we wouldn't get bumped to the First Responder Bowl and Oregon State would go instead but I wouldn't bet on it. Long story short, unless the Las Vegas Bowl was to host a WSU-Mississippi State game, I wouldn't bet on us getting there...and it only happens if we can beat the mutts.
WHEN we win AC, we’ll be 5-4, UW will be 6-3. Bowls can select the team with the best record OR any team within 1 game. That means us…and I think Vegas would be more than happy to take us over UW. The Beavers and UCLA could also be in that mix,

Interesting. The Mountain West Championship Game, December 3rd.....Boise St. will host Fresno St. at home on their blue turf.

Current MWC procedure:​

The division champion with the better conference record will host the championship game.

Doesn't seem fair to Fresno.

Last edited:
Reactions: cr8zyncalif
Interesting. The Mountain West Championship Game, December 3rd.....Boise St. will host Fresno St. at home on their blue turf.

Current MWC procedure:​

The division champion with the better conference record will host the championship game.

Doesn't seem fair to Fresno.
No championship game should be played on blue turf, green only, should be a rule against any other color for a championship.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT