ADVERTISEMENT

Lady Cougs game thread

BleedCrimsonandGray

Hall Of Fame
Oct 2, 2007
They are playing super aggressive and physical, I love it.

Nothing to lose at this point, leave it all out on the pitch.

lot of ticky tack fouls. gotta expect that for how aggressive they are playing, but hoping it doesn't become an issue.

It's early but the Cougs look like the better team. May not be as agile but they're aggressive and physical and controlling the ball by passing and pushing it up

Wow. If anyone would have told me 10 years ago I'd be following a soccer game via internet like I do college football game I'd have laughed in there face and given them 10:1 odds.... and here I am... Go Lady Cougs!

the continue being a little to cute trying to possess the ball in their own half instead of getting the clear. it will result in another goal for UNC if they don't figure it out.

Carolina has some serious depth. Cougs have their work cut out for them to maintain their energy

My god that first goal was frustrating. You are a defender -- you charge her off the ball with your shoulder, or try to, 100% legal, instead we get "can't touch." Boy it doesn't look good, we aren't Italy, our best defense is making other teams worry about our offense and we aren't doing it.

Cougs 1-2 UNC. Morgan Weaver in the 7th minute to take the early lead, and then a sloppy non-clearance jumble about 30 yards in front of our box, and the ball ping-pongs to a UNC player who loops it over our flat-footed defense for the equalizer. UNC takes the lead on an excellent cross from the left, and our midfielder trailing back to cover the far post waited for the ball instead of attacking it for the clearance and the UNC player bolted infront of her for a header.

The girls started off strong, but UNC's depth will be key in the 2nd half. Not too many teams will bring in 5-6 subs at once, and UNC has the talent and depth to bring in fresh legs, which really hurts us in the latter part of the 1st half, thus the two goals.

With that being said, need to come out strong to start the 2nd half to try to neutralize the UNC depth. Otherwise, it could get ugly trying to chase the game as our girls lose their legs, and UNC subs in their wave of players.

Cougs 1-2 UNC. Morgan Weaver in the 7th minute to take the early lead, and then a sloppy non-clearance jumble about 30 yards in front of our box, and the ball ping-pongs to a UNC player who loops it over our flat-footed defense for the equalizer. UNC takes the lead on an excellent cross from the left, and our midfielder trailing back to cover the far post waited for the ball instead of attacking it for the clearance and the UNC player bolted infront of her for a header.

The girls started off strong, but UNC's depth will be key in the 2nd half. Not too many teams will bring in 5-6 subs at once, and UNC has the talent and depth to bring in fresh legs, which really hurts us in the latter part of the 1st half, thus the two goals.

With that being said, need to come out strong to start the 2nd half to try to neutralize the UNC depth. Otherwise, it could get ugly trying to chase the game as our girls lose their legs, and UNC subs in their wave of players.
Yep, gotta come out firing and get something out of it. Behind with 10 mins left is a bad place to be against this much depth

Looking like the fatigue is already playing a factor. Our girls look a little flat footed challenging for ball and just a half step behind.

Lets go ladies!!

No distribution from the midfield to the attacking three upfront, just booming long balls. Weaver hasn't touched the ball in a long time. As a former sweeper/defender, easiest team to defend is the long ball, hated the short passing and dribbling.

Ugh, Averie's gotta finish that...

No distribution from the midfield to the attacking three upfront, just booming long balls. Weaver hasn't touched the ball in a long time. As a former sweeper/defender, easiest team to defend is the long ball, hated the short passing and dribbling.

Ugh, Averie's gotta finish that...

That just said, the Cougs have stepped up the intensity, and Morgan's got a few more dangerous touches. Need to keep it up!!!

Cougs gaining a little mo and pushing on the goal now.

Feels like if they don't score soon NC will be able to ice them playing 4 corners. As it is they are already bringing everybody back to defend.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT