ADVERTISEMENT

Leach says he won’t apologize for remarks

Suudy

Head Coach
Aug 1, 2005
“In talking to a number of people that have coached here, plenty of people that have played here, fans of the program collectively, they nearly unanimously agreed that he is in fact a sanctimonious troll. So rethinking that, I decided I was right in the first place. He is in fact a sanctimonious troll, and I certainly don’t have to bite my tongue from saying it if I feel like it.”

https://lmtribune.com/sports/leach-says-he-won-t-apologize-for-remarks/article_e28a2564-e78c-5548-81c6-1f5b588cb6e5.html

Outstanding.

Imagine being these keyboard warrior narcissists and thinking that the most antisocial maverick in college football was going to come to you, hat in hand, and beg for your forgiveness for being who he was hired to be.

Mmmm Shipman, the tears of unfathomable sadness. I hope you and your buddies circle up tomorrow and find someway to embarrass yourselves even harder.

Reactions: mikalalas
I'd give Blanchette about a 25% likelihood of writing a column about this ... almost certainly would toss in something about the Trump support and try to draw a parallel between Trump and Leach with regard to the latter's attitude toward the significance of the "Fourth Estate," and most likely equating anyone who supports Leach on this with being akin to a Trump supporter.

I'd give Blanchette about a 25% likelihood of writing a column about this ... almost certainly would toss in something about the Trump support and try to draw a parallel between Trump and Leach with regard to the latter's attitude toward the significance of the "Fourth Estate," and most likely equating anyone who supports Leach on this with being akin to a Trump supporter.
Blanchette was trolling WSU as far back when Trump was still a Democrat, Monica Lewinsky was in grade school and Inslee was a state legislator in Selah.

Other coaches in his quote no doubt includes Mike Price.

Blanchette was trolling WSU as far back when Trump was still a Democrat, Monica Lewinsky was in grade school and Inslee was a state legislator in Selah.

Oh yeah, absolutely. He'd troll Leach and WSU regardless of any political stance of Leach. I just am virtually certain he'd write a column like I've described if not for (i) a potential desire to just avoid mentioning these events ever again and (ii) his likely realization that he has a pretty decent gig in today's day and age and that he probably should leave the political stuff to Vestal and others, lest he piss off a decent chunk of the S-R's declining readership. That's what leads me to that 25% figure.

“In talking to a number of people that have coached here, plenty of people that have played here, fans of the program collectively, they nearly unanimously agreed that he is in fact a sanctimonious troll. So rethinking that, I decided I was right in the first place. He is in fact a sanctimonious troll, and I certainly don’t have to bite my tongue from saying it if I feel like it.”
https://lmtribune.com/sports/leach-...cle_e28a2564-e78c-5548-81c6-1f5b588cb6e5.html
https://lmtribune.com/sports/leach-...cle_e28a2564-e78c-5548-81c6-1f5b588cb6e5.html

Glad to hear that Leach is sticking to his guns and telling Blanchette to take a leap. I'm guessing that Blanchette is just smart enough to realize that continuing to escalate this is not going to work in his favor and it's best to pretend that it never happened. We'll see.

I'm guessing that Blanchette is just smart enough to realize that continuing to escalate this is not going to work in his favor

Based on what?

STAFF-BLANCHETTE.jpg

Universities along with the media should be the two bastions of free speech in our country. Props to President Schultz for refraining from going down the SJW path immediately.
you're right, but this is 2019. Go watch "No Safe Spaces" .

Reactions: Mitchf350

BTW you are correct, Blanchette did take content from here...article he wrote 10/10/1998. he was actually a bit too lazy to do the fact (minor..didn't change narrative of the story) checking but it did show where he got his content and factual information from with one small error.

Reactions: Observer11
This post may be the record for the most "likes" here on WW.

Reactions: Suudy and SDCoug
Glad to hear that Leach is sticking to his guns and telling Blanchette to take a leap. I'm guessing that Blanchette is just smart enough to realize that continuing to escalate this is not going to work in his favor and it's best to pretend that it never happened. We'll see.

You don't think Blanchette will write something similar again? Hell this is good for his brand. Some folks in Seattle laughed and think Leach broke.

I personally think Leach could have got his same point across without calling him a troll. I don't think it hurts him in Pullman, but I don't see the net gain for the school.

And to be honest, compared to other schools the media goes light on him. He is out of the spotlight when he wants to be. Go to the SEC or Big 10 and the coverage is way more savage than anything Blanchette has written. Saban wins by 30 and they are wondering why he didn't win by 35. Or why he called a draw on second and 7.

I don't think it matters....at all...one way or another. Society is more short term memory today than ever before. OK, he called some no-named reporter a troll. I bet 85% of the recruits Leach goes after thinks his comments are funny, especially his fat little girlfriends rant.

You don't think Blanchette will write something similar again? Hell this is good for his brand. Some folks in Seattle laughed and think Leach broke.

I personally think Leach could have got his same point across without calling him a troll. I don't think it hurts him in Pullman, but I don't see the net gain for the school.

And to be honest, compared to other schools the media goes light on him. He is out of the spotlight when he wants to be. Go to the SEC or Big 10 and the coverage is way more savage than anything Blanchette has written. Saban wins by 30 and they are wondering why he didn't win by 35. Or why he called a draw on second and 7.
Blanchette was probably able to find a negative angle when we went to the Rose Bowl for the first time in 67 years. You think that would happen in the SEC under similar circumstances? Calling Blanchette a troll was spot on.

This post may be the record for the most "likes" here on WW.
Damn near all the regulars liked it. Suspiciously absent were CougEd and Yaki. They can't agree on anything, so at least one of them should have liked it ...

Reactions: SDCoug
Blanchette was probably able to find a negative angle when we went to the Rose Bowl for the first time in 67 years. You think that would happen in the SEC under similar circumstances? Calling Blanchette a troll was spot on.

He may be a troll. But it isn't the job of a coach to call him one.

And yes, in the SEC I think they could find something to gripe about if Vanderbilt was playing for the national championship.

Like I said I think Leach could have been equally effective, not look like he lost it in Seattle, and still got the point across without calling him a name.

Damn near all the regulars liked it. Suspiciously absent were CougEd and Yaki. They can't agree on anything, so at least one of them should have liked it ...
I am not much in the liking bizzz...But I have started to click and like a little more this year. But I did weigh in.

And I did think Yaki liked it, posts under a diff name now.

I believe many of us have ignored him for years. I just never have thought he was interesting or good and that is aside from his continued Coug bashing. The guy is a troll. We all know this. I am positive that Leach and those in the athletic department have talked about Blanchette many times before Leach went public.

So as I understand it, a sanctimonious troll would be a self righteous person who intentionally pisses people off to get an emotional reaction. Seems like a pretty accurate description of reporters in general since they first invented the printing press. Probably applies to many internet posters as well. Anyway, I’m not at all sure what all the fuss is about. There is certainly nothing to apologize about by either party.

Seems like Blanchette (or TST if you prefer) should have been delighted to get the emotional response. Should be sending a thank you note rather than demanding an apology. Leach could have just ignored him and said next question. That wouldn’t have given him any extra clicks or other attention.

Given how much publicity and attention this got, I think it is going to highlight any bashing of WSU that Blanchette does in the future, he will appear even more biased and unhinged. It may make him a little apprehensive and have to carefully pick his spots to get his cheap shots in.

He may be a troll. But it isn't the job of a coach to call him one.

And yes, in the SEC I think they could find something to gripe about if Vanderbilt was playing for the national championship.

Like I said I think Leach could have been equally effective, not look like he lost it in Seattle, and still got the point across without calling him a name.
If Vandy won the SEC there is no way we would see the type of commentary we see from TST. It's not like anyone expects a homer. TST goes out of his way to find the negative in anything Coug for decades. It might not be Leach's job but that's the definition of a troll.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT