ADVERTISEMENT

Leach's two biggest recruiting misses?

How_did_this_happen?

Hall Of Fame
Gold Member
Nov 3, 2012
This popped up in my feed so it made me think of this topic...

...and, of course, Cooper Kupp.

Imagine the fact that they would have played together a couple of seasons too. Leach was in good company missing on them, but WSU has always been good at finding the under the radar guys.

IIRC Mayfield was the first QB that Leach ever offered, but I don't think he wanted to leave Texas, so we had to move on.
Yeah, Leach offered him but he didn't want to leave Texas and, as annoying as it is to repeat, later said he had only wanted to play "big time" football, implying he didn't want to go to the Pac-12, WSU, or both. The most interesting part to me of the Mayfield saga is Kingsbury not putting him on scholie even after he won the starting job for most of the season as a freshman walk-on. They had Davis Webb on scholie at the time and Kingsbury essentially let Mayfield walk.

Reactions: froropmkr72
Cupp was a miss by EVERYONE. From what i have read and heard, he really put his development on his own back at Eastern. Worked out a ton. Worked his ass off. And it paid off.

Josh Allen struggles with accuracy. Always has and still does in Buffalo. Being accurate was the #1 attribute of Leach’s desired QB trait.

Not sure his skillset fit the Air Raid.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT