ADVERTISEMENT

Let me explain a little on FAKE COUGAR fans...

Cougini5591

Team Captain
Gold Member
Jul 6, 2022
I was stunned to see how many fuskies were sitting in the reserved seats.

I don't care who and what you think you are, but doing anything to help the fuskies have more fans in our house is bull shit.

I take no shame in saying this.

Stupid to give your Apple Cup tickets to the fans of the enemy.

Explain to me how that helps the Cougs.

I don't care who and what you think you are, but doing anything to help the fuskies have more fans in our house is bull shit.

Understand that not all of the reserved seats are season ticket holders, they can be purchased on a game by game basis from WSU Ticket Office.

Also, some season tickets may be purchased by companies that give the tickets to employees and clients. Hard to control that.

Cougini5591:

I suppose you can go into business for yourself!

Create a startup, competing with Stub Hub, Vivid Seats, Ticketmaster, and SeatGeek...but differentiate with specific Buyer requirements as follows:

Buyer MUST AND SHALL provide to Seller satisfactory proof of WSU Alumni, or WSU hardcore sports fan, or parents and/or legal guardian of WSU student by uploading appropriate verifiable certificate of documentation.

ALL TICKET SALES AND RV PASSES ARE SUBJECT TO SELLER APPROVAL. BUYER HEREBY WAIVES ANY PRIVACY RIGHTS, AS DESCRIBED IN BUYER'S WAIVER OF PRIVACY RIGHT TO REVOKE ADDENDUM. TICKETS MAY NOT BE TRANSFERRABLE. IN ADDITION, BUYER SHALL NOT HEED OR ADHERE TO MATTHEW 5:44, "LOVE YOUR ENEMY", EVEN IF THEY DON THE PURPLE AND GOLD AND/OR RESIDE/COHABIT IN DIVIDED DWELLINGS.

Last edited:
Plenty of crimson can be found in Husky Stadium in odd years, too. The Apple Cup is an intense rivalry our fans really care about, but it's still pretty tame by national standards and there are tons of mixed families and friend circles in the state.

Understand that not all of the reserved seats are season ticket holders, they can be purchased on a game by game basis from WSU Ticket Office.

Also, some season tickets may be purchased by companies that give the tickets to employees and clients. Hard to control that.
Damn it Stretch... I think I'm even more pissed now.

Cougini5591:

I suppose you can go into business for yourself!

Create a startup, competing with Stub Hub, Vivid Seats, Ticketmaster, and SeatGeek...but differentiate with specific Buyer requirements as follows:

Buyer MUST AND SHALL provide to Seller satisfactory proof of WSU Alumni, or WSU hardcore sports fan, or parents and/or legal guardian of WSU student by uploading appropriate verifiable certificate of documentation.

ALL TICKET SALES AND RV PASSES ARE SUBJECT TO SELLER APPROVAL. BUYER HEREBY WAIVES ANY PRIVACY RIGHTS, AS DESCRIBED IN BUYER'S WAIVER OF PRIVACY RIGHT TO REVOKE ADDENDUM. TICKETS MAY NOT BE TRANSFERRABLE. IN ADDITION, BUYER SHALL NOT HEED OR ADHERE TO MATTHEW 5:44, "LOVE YOUR ENEMY", EVEN IF THEY DON THE PURPLE AND GOLD AND/OR RESIDE/COHABIT IN DIVIDED DWELLINGS.
I have no problem holding my ground on this. The fans in front of me are nice people, but gave 2 of their tickets to fusky fans.

They should be tarred and feathered.

WSU only has like 11k season ticket holders. That's a lot of unsold seats available to anyone who wants to buy them, including UW fans. Same thing happens when Oregon comes to town.

Reactions: HCoug
I prefer not to sit in the the end-zone at Husky Stadium. Most all good seat locations are donor level, (Tyee Club, etc). Even when Husky seats are given to me, by Husky fans....pretty normal to sit with mixed fan base. Whether you buy or accept free tickets.

On away games, unless you choose to sit in the end-zone....you're sitting with both fans. To me, it's not a problem. I suppose to others it is. You can choose to taunt or not to taunt.

I actually enjoy tailgating at Husky Stadium. Always have a blast.

WSU only has like 11k season ticket holders. That's a lot of unsold seats available to anyone who wants to buy them, including UW fans. Same thing happens when Oregon comes to town.

Saw an article on Brand Y before the home opener and the season-ticket number as like 20k-plus.

Even those games at Martin Stadium when there may be visible pockets of empty seats (like at all Pac-12 venues), WSU's published attendance figures afterward seem to account for tickets bought and paid for.

Chun is already earning interest on those sales even if the fans aren't able to make it to the game.

Saw an article on Brand Y before the home opener and the season-ticket number as like 20k-plus.

Even those games at Martin Stadium when there may be visible pockets of empty seats (like at all Pac-12 venues), WSU's published attendance figures afterward seem to account for tickets bought and paid for.

Chun is already earning interest on those sales even if the fans aren't able to make it to the game.
That has to include student tickets, otherwise nearly every game would be sold out and that was never the case all season, there were single game tickets available all over the place.

Reactions: HCoug
That has to include student tickets, otherwise nearly every game would be sold out and that was never the case all season, there were single game tickets available all over the place.
Yeah, that 20k figure seems about as exaggerated as me saying I got a dozen emails and calls from WSU about available tickets this year. Each one probably needs to be cut in half. (I got called and emailed a lot more than usual this year -- that seemed troubling, but I'm glad they are working to get ticket sales up.)

WSU has never been anywhere near 20K season Ticket holders. I think our high water mark was around 14K during one of Leach’s first couple years.

Most years we’re more like 10-11K. I haven’t seen an update post-Covid, but I’d guess we lost numbers through that fiasco, and I assume that the lack of information is a bad sign.

Reactions: M-I-Coug and HCoug
WSU has never been anywhere near 20K season Ticket holders. I think our high water mark was around 14K during one of Leach’s first couple years.

Most years we’re more like 10-11K. I haven’t seen an update post-Covid, but I’d guess we lost numbers through that fiasco, and I assume that the lack of information is a bad sign.

I agree.
When we bought extra tickets for a couple of games after the season ticket renewal period, there were large numbers of unsold seats available in all sections.

Moot point once we move the game to Ellensburg.
Interesting idea, playing in Ellensburg every year. The bluebloods among the purple fans would never permit that, but it is an interesting idea. If Texas can play OU in Dallas, then we both ought to be able to play each other in Ellensburg...

Interesting idea, playing in Ellensburg every year. The bluebloods among the purple fans would never permit that, but it is an interesting idea. If Texas can play OU in Dallas, then we both ought to be able to play each other in Ellensburg...
No it is not interesting. It is idiotic. Just what stadium would they play in? CWU's? Which holds 4,000 fans. Let's do that. Be just like playing in the Dallas Cowboys stadium?

I'm so trying not to become unhinged again (sponge, can I have a beer?), but Geezus - c'mon. Let's also do the bullet train to Pullman from Seattle and the interstate from Spokane for 6 games a year.

Did any of the Board patrons actually get degrees from WSU? Or from High School? Junior High? Grade School?

• Haha
Reactions: PeteTheChop
Have you been drinking heavily today? Or just yanking our collective chain?

Reactions: cr8zyncalif
Have you been drinking heavily today? Or just yanking our collective chain?
Hey Stretch - meant to tell you that I posted a nasty one a week or two ago that I meant for someone other than you - but it replied to you. Your reaction was understandable. So - sorry......

HHusky was poking fun at the (absurd) plan to build a stadium in E-burg and have the Apple Cup there that, while properly dismissed by most at the time, was floated here years ago. No need to go down that ridiculous road again.

Reactions: kougkurt
HHusky was poking fun at the (absurd) plan to build a stadium in E-burg and have the Apple Cup there that, while properly dismissed by most at the time, was floated here years ago. No need to go down that ridiculous road again.

I hope it wasn't a serious proposal. I can't remember if it was.

No it is not interesting. It is idiotic. Just what stadium would they play in? CWU's? Which holds 4,000 fans. Let's do that. Be just like playing in the Dallas Cowboys stadium?

I'm so trying not to become unhinged again (sponge, can I have a beer?), but Geezus - c'mon. Let's also do the bullet train to Pullman from Seattle and the interstate from Spokane for 6 games a year.

Did any of the Board patrons actually get degrees from WSU? Or from High School? Junior High? Grade School?

Expanding 195 to 4 lanes from Spokane to Pullman would be a net benefit far beyond 6 football games per season.

The number of passing lanes added the last few years has made a remarkable improvement on that road, but students and staff who routinely travel that corridor deserve a safer, divided highway.

Reactions: Alpine Cougar
Hey Stretch - meant to tell you that I posted a nasty one a week or two ago that I meant for someone other than you - but it replied to you. Your reaction was understandable. So - sorry......
I remember posting a reply to someone recently, don't recall who, and also don't remember what it was about. Just that it was a big rebuttal to something, so I guess I wasn't permanently damaged by it. :) Off we go.....

HHusky was poking fun at the (absurd) plan to build a stadium in E-burg and have the Apple Cup

It was Cougatron's concept. Not sure if he copyrighted it or not.

Maybe he was just spitballin' after a few beers, but he seemed very enthusiastic about the idea.

Heck, if Jeff Bezos can send a rocketship for a 10-minute joyride to space, perhaps he can build a true "neutral site" stadium in the home state of his empire?

Plenty of crimson can be found in Husky Stadium in odd years, too. The Apple Cup is an intense rivalry our fans really care about, but it's still pretty tame by national standards and there are tons of mixed families and friend circles in the state.

Good point 425.

The "Sunshine Showdown" between the Gators and Seminoles is the same way as far as having plenty of visiting fans in the stadium each year.

Not sure where Brand Y got that info.

They usually seem to do a pretty good job.

Yeah, as long as you don’t mind them ignoring objective facts to report their opinions (as if they’re the same thing), and then banning/censoring anyone who disagrees.
Yep. Nusser loves all opinions...except those that are contrary to his.

ADVERTISEMENT