ADVERTISEMENT

Lincoln Kienholz

froropmkr72

Hall Of Fame
Gold Member
Jan 5, 2004
6-3 185. Too skinny, not enough competition, what is the story? Only big offer from Pittsburgh?? While in South Dakota .....or ahead of the curve. This staff is doing a really exceptional job. There has got to be something wrong right? What is it?

6-3 185. Too skinny, not enough competition, what is the story? Only big offer from Pittsburgh?? While in South Dakota .....or ahead of the curve. This staff is doing a really exceptional job. There has got to be something wrong right? What is it?

tape. looks good to my untrained eye

South Dakota isnt known for football. The film is crap. Hard to see what’s going on. I feel like the ball disappears in the background of the film. He throws, receiver catches, tough to make out the velocity of his arm strength.

There might be 65 BCS schools. If everyone took 1 qb, that’s not a lot of kids. Prob CA, TX, FL, GA will have half of the 65 between them. Tough to get a BCS scholarship as a qb anyways…. now play in South Dakota.

Has he camped anywhere to get seen? He may have to get out and showcase what he can do. Get in front of coaches, throw against some higher caliber DBs, fist fight someone. Something, anything to get his name out.

If he is a legit kid you will see schools show up out of nowhere. There is no BCS incumbent in South Dakota. No local BCS school to beat out. If you’re Pittsburgh you’ve got Penn State, Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, Rutgers, Maryland, West Virginia all nearby. Prob some I missed. To land a kid without having to compete with all these schools is attractive.

South Dakota isnt known for football. The film is crap. Hard to see what’s going on. I feel like the ball disappears in the background of the film. He throws, receiver catches, tough to make out the velocity of his arm strength.

There might be 65 BCS schools. If everyone took 1 qb, that’s not a lot of kids. Prob CA, TX, FL, GA will have half of the 65 between them. Tough to get a BCS scholarship as a qb anyways…. now play in South Dakota.

Has he camped anywhere to get seen? He may have to get out and showcase what he can do. Get in front of coaches, throw against some higher caliber DBs, fist fight someone. Something, anything to get his name out.

If he is a legit kid you will see schools show up out of nowhere. There is no BCS incumbent in South Dakota. No local BCS school to beat out. If you’re Pittsburgh you’ve got Penn State, Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, Rutgers, Maryland, West Virginia all nearby. Prob some I missed. To land a kid without having to compete with all these schools is attractive.
If you think a kid from SD is gonna pick Turtle's over Wazzu, your Fetanyl problem problem is worse than than we talk about on that other board.

I live in South Dakota. Kienholz and Riggs HS came to my community to play our local HS team and threw for 400 yards and 7 TDs. Impressive numbers but it's obvious that the overall level of competition doesn't compare to more populous states. Unfortunately, I didn't get to see the game but Kienholz is the top QB in the Dakotas and is a 3-sport star (all-state in football & basketball). Now that I know Dickert is interested, I'll keep a close eye on him this fall. The fact that UW's new coach has offered doesn't surprise me, DeBoer is from this area. (Don't forget, Dickert spent time coaching in South Dakota as well).

Glad Cougar

Looks like an all around athlete, pitcher/ss on baseball team, pg on basketball team. Throws an 84 mph fastball. Rated best HS athlete In the state. Who knows, but the coaches see something, and they are paid to know.

Looks like an all around athlete, pitcher/ss on baseball team, pg on basketball team. Throws an 84 mph fastball. Rated best HS athlete In the state. Who knows, but the coaches see something, and they are paid to know.

You can't fill a class with diamonds in the rough and developmental kids. At some point you're going to have to walk into LA and win recruiting battles. You can't just fly down to Texas and grab a pile of two star kids that everyone in the nation saw and passed on. You are a West Coast program and need to have a focus there.

This kid is a big fish in a small pond. Could he produce the same results or even do better if you dropped him in a more competitive area? Sure. Could he whither under the bright lights and get exposed for playing against weak competition? Sure.

There are athletes in sparsely populated areas, too, just not many of them. I remember a couple kids from the Leaf family in Montana that were pretty good, too. And that Bledsoe kid in Walla2 wasn't too bad. Today, enough scouring of the internet can unearth all sorts of possibilities, but as has always been the case, nothing takes the place of a network of friends that keep their eye out on your behalf and can refer you to someone worth considering.

Quick update on Kienholz from here in South Dakota. His recruiting has really picked up. Shortly after Pitt, UW & WSU offered (the first 3 FBS schools to do so), he got offers from Minnesota, Illinois, and Wisconsin. FCS powerhouse North Dakota State also has offered. NDSU has put 3 QBs in the NFL in the past decade. Kienholz says he will decide at the end of summer and wants to take as many visits as he can. Hopefully, he'll swing through Pullman. I think this guy has a chance to be pretty good, but that just may be my Dakota bias.

Glad Cougar

Reactions: 79COUG
You can't fill a class with diamonds in the rough and developmental kids. At some point you're going to have to walk into LA and win recruiting battles. You can't just fly down to Texas and grab a pile of two star kids that everyone in the nation saw and passed on. You are a West Coast program and need to have a focus there.

This kid is a big fish in a small pond. Could he produce the same results or even do better if you dropped him in a more competitive area? Sure. Could he whither under the bright lights and get exposed for playing against weak competition? Sure.
couldn't agree more, this also applies to filling the roster with Washington kids. If we can't recruit California we will fail

couldn't agree more, this also applies to filling the roster with Washington kids. If we can't recruit California we will fail

Yes. This could be a difficult lesson for the staff. If these Texans get on the field early and play ~ they will have offers to come home and play in Texas.

I could see a day when WSU and schools like WSU, took mostly portal kids because they will have already burned their 1 free transfer. Effectively holding them at that school.

Cap the rosters at 70 players altogether. Watch the talent spread across the country. Put value on simply being on a team and having a roster spot.

Reactions: cr8zyncalif
ADVERTISEMENT