ADVERTISEMENT

MBK Final: Northern Iowa 63, Cougs 59

The game is encouraging in some ways. They played with intensity abut still have to get in sync with each other. The 19 turnovers are about 10-12 too many. King is starting to come around and that is a good thing. if he continues to improve and the players develop confidence in each other ,the team has a good chance to have a good season. But Kent has to shorten his rotation and leave the cameo players on the bench the rest of the season.

I'm not really one for moral victories but this wasn't "a bad" loss. Especially when you compare it to the Idaho loss. King is starting to earn more playing time and it is well deserved, he is aggressive and plays with a lot of confidence. I'm not sure how much time a 21 year old needs to get "in shape" but Clifford so far has been less than what I hoped for but Izundo has been better than I excpected so thats a wash. Callison shows a lot of potential but is not quite there yet IMO but he is progressing and getting better. Suggs had a bad game and then didn't play at all. Makes you wonder what happened, because it didn't seem like he played bad enough to be completely benched, again IMO. As far as the cameo player goes, that is basically what Boese is at this point. Last year he played his way into more playing time, this year he played himself out of playing time. Last night he came in for the last possession of the half and had the assist off the pick and roll that scored the final points of the half, thats all that happened while he was in, its impossible to say he hurt the team at all. Boese is a senior who from the looks of his body language and bench cheering is accepting his role and is cheering on the team, WHO BETTER TO GIVE CAMEO APPEARANCES TO? Its the same on every team and from every coach in the country. WSU basketball has 99 problems but Boese ain't one. We have zero offense in the half court, it was always my biggest complaint with Bone and whether we want to admit it or not, its still the same. Pass the ball around the perimeter and launch a contested shot at the end. Only real difference is we have players better capable of making those shots.

Everyone has their role and i like bench cheerleaders. I will be happy when some names are not mentioned and Kent shortens his rotations a bit.The team needs to develop continuity. One wonders if ike needs to realize that he is not the PG and accept the Number 2 guard as his best position.One believes that the inside people will start to get their looks. I wish Clifford would lose a few pounds and run the court a little harder

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT