ADVERTISEMENT

Meanwhile, at the P12CG...

Was just going to post about this. Utah fans whining about officiating, which CAN be valid but is never a good negotiating position...

I think the one hope Utah has now is Oregon takes their foot off the gas and goes into prevent offense/defense for the rest of the game.

Oregon is forcing the game into the hands of their QB who is not a good QB. Simple as that really. He's played and passed the ball much better this season than he ever has, but he's still a bad QB. This is the worst case scenario for them. Down 17 with 11 minutes left in the 2nd qtr. They can't really lean on Moss or they'll run out of time

Utes should run Moss 85% of the time.
They should, but they gave up that option by running a stretch play on 4th/1 and getting stuffed on the opening drive. They should've went Moss straight ahead.
As I speak they just went for it again and failed miserably.

Reactions: 702coug
They should, but they gave up that option by running a stretch play on 4th/1 and getting stuffed on the opening drive. They should've went Moss straight ahead.
As I speak they just went for it again and failed miserably.
I find it interesting that we threw on Oregon all day long, yet Utah is refusing to go over the top.

Utah is not playing Utah football, probably have to give some credit to Oregon for that.

Btw, Breeze did get ejected, right?

I mean, by letter of the law that was targeting, and we're all about letter of the law in P12.

*edit - nvm, he's still in. I hate P12 officiating. That is all.

Oh look, another targeting by Oregon, this one not even called. Not even reviewed.

I mean, all credit to Oregon for playing nasty, but come on...

Wth is Reece talking about, "standard of targeting". If the helmets hit and he lead with his head, its targeting. He makes it sound like there has to be intent.

Utah really getting crushed

makes you wonder about our loss to Utah and almost win against oregon

Oregon selling out and moving the ball with Herbert's legs.

Utah looking overmatched thus far.
Exhibit A of why you game plan for your opponent, mix things up, and use play action relentlessly. Have one of the best defenses in the country on their heals because they have broken their own tendencies.

I find it interesting that we threw on Oregon all day long, yet Utah is refusing to go over the top.

Utah is not playing Utah football, probably have to give some credit to Oregon for that.
I don't think they can. I'm watching the "Sky cam" view on the ESPN app. It's the camera directly behind and above the offense. Huntley throws a pick in the endzone and you could see the safety camping over the top the entire play and just chucks it up there. It was horrible. A read you'd expect a bad high school QB to make because the play is "supposed" to go there. He wasn't even under pressure. Without a threat from Moss I don't think they can put any real pressure on Oregon with Huntley. I hope so, but not confident. Huntley is one of those QBs that would make me feel like every game was gonna be a loss as a fan.

Reactions: royhobbs2
Btw, Breeze did get ejected, right?

I mean, by letter of the law that was targeting, and we're all about letter of the law in P12.

*edit - nvm, he's still in. I hate P12 officiating. That is all.
Knowing all of the P12's tendencies from the head office on down, you could guess how this game was gonna play out. If I was a gambling man, I'd have leaned Oregon. The safest bet is always gonna be the Pac12 playing their way out of a potential playoff appearance one way or another. It usually happens a week or 2 earlier though.

The 2nd half will show what kind of coach Whittingham is. He obviously thought he could come out and "Utah" the ducks, but the ducks had other plans and specifically gameplanned for them.

Even if they can adjust offensively, wth is going on with that defense? Oregon's offense isn't that good, not even close, but they are making the Utes look like chumps. Zero pressure, getting bullied in the trenches. That is something that gameplanning shouldn't neutralize, so its really puzzling.

Crazy no call
Refs just missed a punch to the head on Herbert on that bad snap, then the helmet. Also a crazy no-call but going the other way.

Utah is helpless offensively. If they can't run it up the gut, it's aimless QB scrambling or end-around type trick plays.

Oregon's kicker is making easy kicks look hard. They'd better hope the game doesn't come down to him. He is hitting worm-burner golf line drives and hooking them hard in a direction - can only hit from extremely nearby, even in zero pressure

I left to bring groceries in and it turned into a 1 score game.

It doesn't matter now anyway; Utah squandered their chance, unless they can somehow hold Oregon scoreless and put up another 30 glamour points.

I left to bring groceries in and it turned into a 1 score game.

It doesn't matter now anyway; Utah squandered their chance, unless they can somehow hold Oregon scoreless and put up another 30 glamour points.
HAHA, same here. Just walked in the door from Safeway as Utah scored +2.

Time to review the entire essence of PI, which has become meaningless today.

It extends to situations where a receiver has to come back to the ball and the DB is blocking his path because the QB is throwing late. Apparently that's the DB's fault and not the offense.

I love "didn't turn his head" as a justification too. I'm in your pocket playing textbook coverage but if you don't catch the ball, it's my fault because I wasn't running 25 MPH in reverse with my eyes on the ball.

How does Utah have 9 MEN IN THE BOX and CJ Verdell runs right up the middle for 70?

Surrender cobra in full effect

aaaaaand, off the ducks and utes go to embarass the P12 by getting horribly destroyed in their bowl games.

I don't expect whatever big boy team oregon faces to shit the bed and roll over like utah did tonight. similarly, if this is the best utah can bring when facing someone who punches back, they are in for a bad time.

and what exactly was so good about Utah's defense this year? I know their numbers were good, but I think the defenses they had in previous years were a lot better than this version. They finally had a pulse on offense compared to years past, but not much more than that

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT