ADVERTISEMENT

Mel Tucker

wsudefense

Team Captain
Jul 18, 2006
I remember this but didn’t know to what were the full details when it happened at Oregon state.

Reactions: 425cougfan
I remember this but didn’t know to what were the full details when it happened at Oregon state.

"Unwanted telephone sex," how and who was forcing her to listen? Hang up like any other crank call. Tucker problem stem from lying about it after the fact. Had he said, I thought she was interested in me, we flirted in the past, I was wrong for being crude, it would have been a big nothing burger. Not every man has the charm and eloquence of Giacomo Casanova. The minute you go down the lying path you are screwed.

"Unwanted telephone sex," how and who was forcing her to listen? Hang up like any other crank call. Tucker problem stem from lying about it after the fact. Had he said, I thought she was interested in me, we flirted in the past, I was wrong for being crude, it would have been a big nothing burger. Not every man has the charm and eloquence of Giacomo Casanova. The minute you go down the lying path you are screwed.
Man thinking with the wrong head

In his statements to the Title IX investigator, Tucker acknowledged masturbating on the call but said Tracy grossly mischaracterized the episode. According to him, they had consensual “phone sex.”

“Ms. Tracy’s distortion of our mutually consensual and intimate relationship into allegations of sexual exploitation has really affected me,” Tucker wrote in a March 22 letter to the investigator. “I am not proud of my judgment and I am having difficulty forgiving myself for getting into this situation, but I did not engage in misconduct by any definition.”

In his statements to the Title IX investigator, Tucker acknowledged masturbating on the call but said Tracy grossly mischaracterized the episode. According to him, they had consensual “phone sex.”

“Ms. Tracy’s distortion of our mutually consensual and intimate relationship into allegations of sexual exploitation has really affected me,” Tucker wrote in a March 22 letter to the investigator. “I am not proud of my judgment and I am having difficulty forgiving myself for getting into this situation, but I did not engage in misconduct by any definition.”

MSU already wanted to fire him, right? This just gives them cover. Very handy especially when firing a black coach.

I feel bad for Tucker (assuming his version of events is the truth). We all make big mistakes and do dumb things. It would be brutal to have our bad decisions aired out in public.

First of all, phone sex? So you talk dirty on the phone while whacking off? WTF?

Then yeah. If this woman (her story is compelling and horrific) didn't want have phone sex, then just hang up.

Reactions: KRUSTYtheCOUG
First of all, phone sex? So you talk dirty on the phone while whacking off? WTF?

Then yeah. If this woman (her story is compelling and horrific) didn't want have phone sex, then just hang up.
I agree it could be a setup since they knew tucker was one horny SOB. People don’t know how to hang up lol.

MSU already wanted to fire him, right? This just gives them cover. Very handy especially when firing a black coach.

I feel bad for Tucker (assuming his version of events is the truth). We all make big mistakes and do dumb things. It would be brutal to have our bad decisions aired out in public.
As coaching salaries have exploded, these types of scandals will keep popping up to allow schools to weasel out of paying.

When one has an $80 Million contract, one should constantly be asking oneself, "How could any person entering my circle possibly endanger my $80 Million contract?".

Mel didn't.
He’ll be someone’s Mike Leach damaged goods hire in a few years though I don’t think he’s as good as a coach as Leach was.

Reactions: cr8zyncalif
As with any high profile, highly compensated position, it comes with an expectation that judgment will be used at all times. Give that up and you risk giving up your job. If you are performing poorly, or unpopular with certain groups, it is even more critical to remain spotless in other ways. I've always wondered if Price was set up. Sure, he is responsible for his own actions. But the whole situation was rather convenient for those who felt he was the wrong hire. Given Tucker's lack of popularity, I don't consider it a stretch to suggest that he may have been pushed...

Well…it ain’t this hard … No pun intended.

Protect you assets at all costs. Everyone is coming after your money . You have to be that paranoid about it . Once it is out in public it becomes an embarrassment to the brand .

There needs to be a how to get away with stuff for dummies .

Like 11 said protect your dough .

Last edited:
Reactions: cr8zyncalif
Mel Tucker was a Dumb Mother Tucker.

Unfortunately, there are dumb people like Mel everywhere. Needless to say this woman has had a very traumatic experience in life, that I wouldn't want to wish on anyone. Mel should have recognized that and simply kept his distance. Consensual? based upon her past, unless you had it in writing, signed by her in front of a notary, you are asking for trouble.

I think most will recall this one. There are what, appear to be fairly intelligent people, doing really stupid stuff everywhere.

Spanking that Zoom call

Last edited:
Reactions: LeachPack
Mel Tucker was a Dumb Mother Tucker.

Unfortunately, there are dumb people like Mel everywhere. Needless to say this woman has had a very traumatic experience in life, that I wouldn't want to wish on anyone. Mel should have recognized that and simply kept his distance. Consensual? based upon her past, unless you had it in writing, signed by her in front of a notary, you are asking for trouble.

I think most will recall this one. There are what, appear to be fairly intelligent people, doing really stupid stuff everywhere.

Spanking that Zoom call
And to quote a wise individual, Stupid is as Stupid does.

I think Tucker is a good coach. He's going to have to work his way into the NFL at this point. Assuming someone would want him. Tucker would be a "shoo-in" for Herm Edwards if he was still at ASU.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT