ADVERTISEMENT

Michael Flowers

Nice grab! Will add needed scoring punch, to replace Bonton. Competition for playing time is going to be intense at the guard spots. Now with a full roster, I assume we are done for this year. Filled the need for improved shooting with Roberts and Flowers, added some bulk with experience in the walk-on, and point guard who can develop for a year or two before he is really needed in Rice. Nice job again by the staff

Reactions: mikalalas
I guess the nice thing about the portal for mbb is that playing guard doesn't require the nuance it once did, so grabbing any player out of the portal is just dependent on if they can either make their own shot or get open off a screen from behind the arc.

I gotta’ wonder if someone ore ones will still leave? Even Roberts might have a change of heart. Are they still after Groves, Eason, etc? Get one of the latter and this looks like a pretty complete team on paper.

When do grad transfers ink? Or is it you hope they show up on campus and start participating?

As far as I know until they sign they can open up their recruiting. You never know how a new commit might change the thinking of a different player to reevaluate his situation.

I am so looking forward to watching this team next season. I would love to see this team play now. But, I am also looking forward to the spring and summer months before it is fall. With the additional players, plus I think all the freshman are going to make big jumps just like Williams did this season.

It would not surprise me if the P12 doing so well in the tournament helped a little in his recruitment, as he said he wanted to challenge himself in a P5 conference. Thanks to the tourney, the conference is hot now.

When do grad transfers ink? Or is it you hope they show up on campus and start participating?
Grad Transfers are handled differently at each school. I have heard for WSU they have to go through the normal admission process, the same deadlines, and be admitted to a school. No idea if rules were changed for Flowers or since Seniors can get another year (but count against the cap) maybe he isn't going to grad. school?

I am so looking forward to watching this team next season. I would love to see this team play now. But, I am also looking forward to the spring and summer months before it is fall. With the additional players, plus I think all the freshman are going to make big jumps just like Williams did this season.

It would not surprise me if the P12 doing so well in the tournament helped a little in his recruitment, as he said he wanted to challenge himself in a P5 conference. Thanks to the tourney, the conference is hot now.

Looks like WSU beat out Arkansas for both Roberts and Flowers.

WSU's MBB future looks insanely bright.

Reactions: mikalalas
Grad Transfers are handled differently at each school. I have heard for WSU they have to go through the normal admission process, the same deadlines, and be admitted to a school. No idea if rules were changed for Flowers or since Seniors can get another year (but count against the cap) maybe he isn't going to grad. school?
Thanks for the insight.

I gotta’ wonder if someone ore ones will still leave? Even Roberts might have a change of heart. Are they still after Groves, Eason, etc? Get one of the latter and this looks like a pretty complete team on paper.

Yeah, this, that. Despite what Jourdand and others say, the Walk On Big is not enough. They, WSU, Smith, need to try to get at least 1 scholly Big for this class.

And WSU,Smith is trying to do that, as after either Eason or Tanner Groves. And Eason, Tanner havent announced yet, and probabky havent said anything about not picking WSU to WSU/Smith.

I think WSU gets a scholly big, and THEN the class is full and done. And I think that Smith, will encourage Rapp to transfer to make room for the scholly big, now that WSU got Michael Flowers, since Rapp is only ahead of Rice, Rosario, and behind 3,4,5 interchangeable PG, SG, 3/Wings.

Have heard of Michael Flowers, from South Alabama, Western Michigan. His 39% from 3, is very good. And he is, was a BIG PART of Western Michigan, who had a good, ok Bball program. And he had some good, ok interest, offers.

Didnt know he was the top guy in the Transfer Portal, but that's huge, awesome as well.

Another AWESOME, SEMI TOP TRANSFER RECRUIT, get

And a Continuance of Smith Truly recruiting at a Level never ever seen before at WSU, since Raveling, Sampson, Tony.

Looks like WSU beat out Arkansas for both Roberts and Flowers.

WSU's MBB future looks insanely bright.

Arkansas is a awesome bball program, they have gone to an or won the NCAA Tourny, within the last 23+ years.

For WSU to beat out Arkansas for 2 players, is AMAZING.

Whats next, beating out a Duke, etc?

amazing, awesome.

Here is who WSU beat out for Michael Flowers:

Arkansas, USC, Miami, Texas A&M, Florida, Colorado and Marquette.

Yes WSU beat out the Florida team that had 3,4,5 NBA pros on it, that won back to back NCAA Championships, for Michael Flowers.

And beat out ACE Recruiter Shaka Smart at Marquee Program Marquette.

Beat Out USC.

Beat out Texas A&M

Beat Out Colorado.

The Only team that either didnt goto NCAA or didnt have NCAA history is Miami.

And Smith says that he isnt aware of how highly rated these guys are, or his competition, an or that he isnt trying that hard.

I wonder what would happen, if he was aware of how highly rated guys are, who his competition was, and if he were to try even harder. It would be even more good.

Michael Flowers is way the heck better then Green.

Now I am glad that WSU didnt get Green instead of Flowers

As for Flowers, he does more then just shoot 39% from 3.

He is the PROTOTYPICAL MODERN TRUE PURE SHARPSHOOTING, Allen Iverson type esque PG.

He has Proto PG height at 6ft 1 in.

He is extremely ATHLETIC, FAST, QUICK, SPEEDY, EXPLOSIVE, SHIFTY, JUKES, BREAKS ANKLES, SPINS, DIVES, DRIVES, SLASHES, BEATS opponents off the dribble, and either gets lay ups, assist, etc.

He is averaging 21 ppg, 4.6 rebounds, per game, 3.6 assist per game, 1.6 steals, per game, 39% from 3 point, in the Midmajor Metro League. He is, was the best player in that league, and one of the best in Div 1.

He is going to WSU to try to improve his NBA/G League/Pro Ball stock, and to prove that he can play that well in a P5 conference.

He also has the EXPERIENCE.

He is probably going to be the starting PG, with Roberts as the Back up PG, with Koulibaly at the 2, SG, with Noah at 2,3 spots as a, the starter.

WSU will probably win about 18,19 games MINIMUM. And 18,19, 20,21,22,23, 18 to 23 games, in the Reg Season, 10-8 to 11-7 in conference, NIT Champs/NCAA 2nd Round/Sweet 16, 2,3 Pac 12 Tourny Wins.

Thats what I predict, and what Flowers expects, as he said he is going to try to be a reason WSU goes to NCAA Tourny.

Just FANTASTIC recruiting by Smith.

Now after, since Smith, WSU beat out all those BIG TIME DUKE TYPE Programs for Flowers, maybe now fans, others will stop ASSUMING that various, so and so recruits wont ever choose WSU, Smith, over a Duke type, and instead might see how a Tanner, Eason, Michael Flowers, Green, etc, might choose a WSU, Smith over a Duke type.

Also the other great thing about Michael Flowers is that as a Grad Transfer, he is a BRIDGE to the other younger guards, and that he will be gone after the season.

Because of that, Tyell Roberts, and Rice, probably wont leave.

Now if Flowers had been a Freshman or Soph, or JR, then Tyrell Roberts, Rice, might have left, knowing that Flowers would probably be the starter over them for next 2,3 years.

But since its only 1 year that Flowers probably the Starter, then because of that Rice, Roberts, Koulibaly dont leave. WSU gets better, and gets more DEPTH. Flowers probably plays well, leads WSU to a NCAA Tourny.

And he will probably mentor, lead, teach, train his replacement well.

And then his replacement will be in their 3rd year, when they take over, and will probably do a good job in their 3rd year.

Thats a lot better then throwing a 2nd year Koulibaly, or 2nd year Tyrell Roberts, or 1st year Rice, etc into the frying pan, their 1st or 2nd year.

Now they can learn, develop from Flowers, while not leaving because Flowers is gone after the season in 1 year.

So because of that Flowers is going to be, is a great BRIDGE.

Top scorer in the transfer portal not best player. I understand your point on needing a big guy. We lost two contributors off last years squad Bonton and Kunc. Between one guy coming off injury and three new players there will be plenty of competition to see who will replace Bonton. We however didn’t replace forward Kunc. I don’t see either Eason or Groves coming to WSU. We just don’t fit what I feel they would be looking for. I don’t see either one risking coming to WSU to compete for playing time with three sophomores who started as freshmen. To big of a chance at having a lesser role than where they left. If we were to get one I would love to get Eason, I’m not really sold on Groves as much as some are.

Would like Eason but I’ll believe it when I see it. I think he should pick a place like us but we might not have enough shiny stuff.

We have to obviously become consistently competitive but there’s no reason WSU can’t become a destination program for transfers.

Reactions: Coug4life34
Arkansas is a awesome bball program, they have gone to an or won the NCAA Tourny, within the last 23+ years.

For WSU to beat out Arkansas for 2 players, is AMAZING.

Whats next, beating out a Duke, etc?

amazing, awesome.

Musselman can coach. Have seen articles linking him as Arizona dark horse. Don’t think he’s long for Arkansas.

Musselman can coach. Have seen articles linking him as Arizona dark horse. Don’t think he’s long for Arkansas.

Arkansas is a SEMI DESTINATION, not a stepping stone, in basketball.

Arkansas has been a basketball POWER since Nolan coached them to winning the NCAA Tourny Championship, with 27,28,29 wins, and only 2,3,4,5 losses, where they beat either Duke or a Duke Type in Champ game.

Maybe RECENTLY they havent been as good, but still good, but despite that Arkansas is more of a destination then a stepping stone.

Also its not just rumours now that Tommy Lloyd is up for the Arizona job, as now the mainstream sporting news media is saying that Tommy is not only up forcthe Arizona job, but the likely favorite to get the Arizona Job, so doubt that the Arkansas coach is going to Arizona.

Musselman was reported early to have no interest but may have had more to do with the strong indication Lloyd was the lead candidate. It's been interesting to follow a bit on the Arizona and GU sites. Both boards mods said Lloyd was basically a done deal. UA mod said he was putting together staff. A GU poster said Lloyd's house had a For Sale sign. Then things seemed to slow down. Lots of outcry about wasting UA alums time on interviews as well.

A UW poster has had a lot to say about Seattle area potential transfers. Says Matthews, Eason, and PJ Fullter (TCU) are leans to UW. Welp, Daejon Davis (Stanford), McLaughlin (UCSB) likely if they go portal. Also said Tshonish is down to Oregon State, WSU, and Mountain West schools. Seems we would still be after him with the Flowers commitment but who knows.

No idea what if any of the above is true but lots of dots to connect. Stevens set to transfer to South Carolina and David Jenkins, Jr. committed to Utah today. I think the next month could be pretty wild. I just hope we keep our foundation together no matter who we pick up.

No need to put a For Sale sign up in Spokane. Anything decent sells with multiple offers before it gets that far.

Musselman was reported early to have no interest but may have had more to do with the strong indication Lloyd was the lead candidate. It's been interesting to follow a bit on the Arizona and GU sites. Both boards mods said Lloyd was basically a done deal. UA mod said he was putting together staff. A GU poster said Lloyd's house had a For Sale sign. Then things seemed to slow down. Lots of outcry about wasting UA alums time on interviews as well.

A UW poster has had a lot to say about Seattle area potential transfers. Says Matthews, Eason, and PJ Fullter (TCU) are leans to UW. Welp, Daejon Davis (Stanford), McLaughlin (UCSB) likely if they go portal. Also said Tshonish is down to Oregon State, WSU, and Mountain West schools. Seems we would still be after him with the Flowers commitment but who knows.

No idea what if any of the above is true but lots of dots to connect. Stevens set to transfer to South Carolina and David Jenkins, Jr. committed to Utah today. I think the next month could be pretty wild. I just hope we keep our foundation together no matter who we pick up.

I would take what a UW poster says with a GRAIN OF SALT, UNLESS that poster was known, had credibility, and had named, cited sources, logic, facts, etc, to back that UW poster up.

STOCK RISERS, STOCK RISER'S a CREDIBLE source, that a lot more credible then UW, has CITED WHAT EASON HAS ACTUALLY SAID ABOUT WSU, PEPPERDINE, UW, MARQUETTE.

According to that EASON had a HELL LOT BETTER THINGS TO SAY ABOUT WSU, THEN UW, ARIZONA, MARQUETTE, ETC.

Stock Riser's is of the opinion that Marquette, WSU, that are on Eason's favorites list, that Eason either goes to Marquette, Pepperdine, WSU.

Logic, facts:

Eason said MY GUY, MY GUY, NOAH WILLIAMS IS AT WSU.

SO EASONS BEST FRIEND NOAH WILLIAMS IS AT WSU.

UW DONT HAVE THAT.

EASON SAID HE LIKES WSU AND THEIR STYLE OF PLAY, COACHING, ETC.

UW, didnt get that said about UW.

EASON SAID HE HAS A LONG RELATIONSHIP WITH WSU COACHES.

UW didnt get that said about UW.

EASON SAID THAT HE HAS HAD VIRTUAL ZOOM CALLS WITH WSU/Coaches.

UW didnt get that said about UW.

EASON hasnt had any zoom calls with UW.

UW doesnt have a long relationship with Eason, like WSU has.

UW IS A ALMOST LAST PLACE MESS RIGHT NOW.

Now based on that, what was said, facts, etc, does that sound like Eason is going to goto UW?

HELL NO IT DOESNT.

Eason has had zoom calls, relationships with WSU coaches, and Shaka Smart, Marquette Coaches.

If Eason doesnt goto WSU., he will probably goto to either Marquette or Pepperdine, and NOT UW: MESS and NOT ARIZONA: MESS.

THE ONLY REASON SOME THINK Eason would goto UW, is 1. Eason from seattle. And 2. Why would Eason choose Poor Ole Little Ole WSU over big time UW.

In other words they ASSUME that a EASON is gona goto UW, over WSU.

And I bet that they ASSUMED MICHAEL FLOWERS WOULDNT GOTI WSU EITHER.

THIS WHAT I AM SAYING IS MORE CREDIBLE THEN SOME UW POSTER.

I'LL BELIEVE THAT UW POSTER WHEN I, IF I SEE IT.

We don’t know who he has had zoom meetings with, he hasn’t mentioned WSU in over a month, general feeling among Seatle area AAU coaches is UW is almost a lock with Pepperdine in second. I have a feeling WSU is done for the year but if we do add another I would bet it’s someone we haven’t heard of much like Flowers.

We don’t know who he has had zoom meetings with, he hasn’t mentioned WSU in over a month, general feeling among Seatle area AAU coaches is UW is almost a lock with Pepperdine in second. I have a feeling WSU is done for the year but if we do add another I would bet it’s someone we haven’t heard of much like Flowers.

So maybe Eason not saying anything about WSU in a month either means, he is not going to WSU, changed his mind or is keeping it close mouth.

But using that logic then, Eason STILL hasnt said much, or given indication that he is going to UW.

There is NOTHING to indicate that Eason is going to UW.

Again, The Eason going to UW thing is just more typical ASSUMPTIONS by everyone.

Eason is more likely to go to Marquette or Pepperdine, then to UW, which is a LAST PLACE MESS. The Seattle AAU coaches are probably ASSUMING, and probably want Eason to goto UW.

As for what you said about Michael Flowers, your right, that did come out of Nowhere, and maybe a Scholly Big will also likewise seemingly materialize out of nowhere like what happened with Flowers.

One thing I was off on was his position. I thought more 4 but saw today him maybe being more 3? That might play into our interest level?

One thing I was off on was his position. I thought more 4 but saw today him maybe being more 3? That might play into our interest level?

Eason is a 6ft 8 in Sean Elliot, Malik Sealy like esque HYBRID 4/3.

This means that in College, Eason's normal position is the 4/PF spot.

But because he is a HYBRID, he can also play STRETCH 5/CENTER, and can easily play STRETCH 3/SF/Wing.

At the NBA Level, Eason would be a 3/SF/Wing, that could STRETCH 4 spot, and STRETCH 2,SG spot.

Yeah, all that matters is what we view him as and what he views himself. We seem to want a quicker option at the 4. He may be thinking I’m a 3 at the next level and need the tape.

I also think with these things typically they happen fast for us. Flowers blows that up a bit because I believe we were one of the first to reach out to him but historically that seem to have been the case.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT