ADVERTISEMENT

Monday afternoon weekend recap

BleedCrimsonandGray

Hall Of Fame
Oct 2, 2007
A couple of bangers here:

Oregon radio honks explanation for the loss: "stuff happens". They also just broke down defeating the Air Raid to rushing 3 and dropping 8.

Apparently, Noah Fifita is 5'11" like Johnathon Smith was 5'11". So there's that...

Has Arbuckle done an interview over the past two weeks? Just curious. How about the OL coach?

UW and Oregon look absolutely beatable by a SEC team, especially in light of USC's drubbing by ND.

That is all.

UW's defense was better than I thought against Oregon. Not so good that UW should have won the game, but better than I expected. With Georgia and Alabama down a little (or more), I think UW could hang in a playoff semifinal. Probably wouldn't win but wouldn't be as big of a mismatch as the last time it was in the playoff, especially if playing in good weather in Pasadena or in a dome in New Orleans. I just hope we don't see it.

Reactions: kougkurt
UW's defense was better than I thought against Oregon. Not so good that UW should have won the game, but better than I expected. With Georgia and Alabama down a little (or more), I think UW could hang in a playoff semifinal. Probably wouldn't win but wouldn't be as big of a mismatch as the last time it was in the playoff, especially if playing in good weather in Pasadena or in a dome in New Orleans. I just hope we don't see it.
Any team that can pound the ball is gonna give UW problems. Their run D is suspect. So yes basically any team in the SEC outside of Vanderbilt can probably run it Down their throats.

Slowing Penix down is a different problem. Oregon has a really good defense and it didn’t matter. They got enough stops to win if Lanning doesn’t throw away points going for it over and over, but I’m convinced UW can score on anyone.

Reactions: 425cougfan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT