ADVERTISEMENT

More Transfers

You are mixing two different years, Coug4Life, last year Kunz and Jaki, and Jaki came back as the grass was not greener. This year its Jeff, Rapp, and Noah, and Efe. Rapp wanted to graduate. Jeff Quit on the team 2-4 months prior to the end of the season, Noah most fans didn't like and he clearly needed to clear his head and decided home was the place to do that. Efe 100% wants to go Pro and if not wants NIL money.

Most interesting is that the guy we got to replace Kunz bailed as he couldn't qualify for WSU PolSci Graduate program and is now once again in the portal, so I guess Grad school wasn't his cup of tea. Nor did he play any significant minutes for UA.
Certainly recognizing that there are a myriad of reasons why these things occurr. I don’t deny that nor do I have insider knowledge as to why in these cases, but clearly the occurrences speak to the environment and the disconnect. I have been involved in a program or 2 and in close periphery of a couple of others. It is 100% a cause of recruiting philosophies, player coach communications, and the overall tenor of the program.
I’m hopeful that it is still part of the process of a new coach attempting to implement “his program” and “philosophies” ie… Mike Leach..

I lean toward the latter. There is nothing surprising about any of this. Roberts has a history of moving. Fully expected Noah and Rapp to transfer. Not really surprised by Efe. I expected him to test NBA, but hoped he wouldn't transfer. Miller, even if he wasn't injured as usual, wasn't going to see any playing time.
Personally I wish Roberts left before the season . Between he and flowers they screwed the program andculture . It was all about their shots . Jackson battling down low for position… pound the rock and jack a contested three .

Reactions: Coug4life34
Personally I wish Roberts left before the season . Between he and flowers they screwed the program andculture . It was all about their shots . Jackson battling down low for position… pound the rock and jack a contested three .
They passed the ball about as much as Clete Casper and Ricky Turner did for Walden but unlike those two they were able to beat BYU in the post season.

Wasn't a huge fan of Roberts, but Flowers was a pretty good player. If you take a closer look at the stats, Flowers was a lot more efficient than you might think. Probably a combination of a lot of things.....inability for the big guys to get open, Jackson injured for a large chunk of the season, and a reluctance/inability of the guards to feed down low. I won't assign all the blame to Roberts & Flowers. And I certainly won't blame Flowers for "screwing the program and culture." Kid was a gamer.

Glad Cougar

Uhhh...that's on the coach.

Correction to PARTIALLY on the coach for altho telling them to pass to bigs, etc, either not benching, not disciplining, not making it understood, not making the guards pass to bigs by, thru discipline, benching, etc, AND PARTIALLY on the player, for either not doing, executing, listening, misunderstanding, etc, what the coach was telling, etc, them to do, an or just not passing to bigs more, regardless of coaching or lack thereof, because Guards at their level of play, that have been playing as long as they have, have likely already been coached by previous coaches to pass to bigs, etc.

Correction to PARTIALLY on the coach for altho telling them to pass to bigs, etc, either not benching, not disciplining, not making it understood, not making the guards pass to bigs by, thru discipline, benching, etc, AND PARTIALLY on the player, for either not doing, executing, listening, misunderstanding, etc, what the coach was telling, etc, them to do, an or just not passing to bigs more, regardless of coaching or lack thereof, because Guards at their level of play, that have been playing as long as they have, have likely already been coached by previous coaches to pass to bigs, etc.

Also part of it was because both Jackson, Efe were either injured, recovering from injury, and Gueye(because of his rawness), Efe(because of recovering from injury), were not scoring in post, an or not putting themselves in position to score an or not putting themselves into position to GET MORE PASSES FROM GUARDS, THUS CAUSING GUARDS TO NOT PASS TO THEM AS MUCH.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT