ADVERTISEMENT

Morris on the way out?

If that is the case, we should consider brining back Smith from Ohio.

In his 1st year, he has the #1 offense in the conference

Would you go back to work for the guy that fired you? The guy went out and proved he can coach. I think ships have sailed and bridges have been burned with him and WSU tho.

Reactions: spongeandshoot
Would you go back to work for the guy that fired you? The guy went out and proved he can coach. I think ships have sailed and bridges have been burned with him and WSU tho.

Yeah that is true...but money can heal a lot of wounds. Not sure if the pay upgrade is sufficient to heal said wounds

But not keeping a good thing going is my biggest criticism of Dickert.

Reactions: Alpine Cougar
Yeah that is true...but money can heal a lot of wounds. Not sure if the pay upgrade is sufficient to heal said wounds

But not keeping a good thing going is my biggest criticism of Dickert.

The run and shoot was blown up at WSU. Jdl playing for UA while playing for WSU…. It was over. Add to that Smith being one of Turd’s guys… Dickert may have had marching orders to end that lineage at WSU…. Or he understood that it just had to end.

I didn’t have an issue with the run and shoot. With the way everything went down, it was prob best for the school and everyone from Hawaii to move on.

I thought Smith did a good job, but he had a far better O line to work with, more experienced wide receivers, and Borghi and McIntosh. There were more tools on offense last year. Also he was a Hawaii guy, you do have to start with your own people or that whole problem could continue to fester. If Morris goes he may take McGuire with him. It would be nice to see some continuity and keep Morris, I know a lot of people want to blame him for the offensive problems and he is the offensive coordinator. However a lot of the problems on offense were the personnel not doing what they were taught, and having an offensive line that was marginal at best and thin, so the problem only got worse as injuries mounted. Needless to say, if you can't open holes and can't pass block your you play book shrinks. I do think he had one of the better red zone offenses we have seen in years.

Reactions: spongeandshoot
I thought Smith did a good job, but he had a far better O line to work with, more experienced wide receivers, and Borghi and McIntosh. There were more tools on offense last year. Also he was a Hawaii guy, you do have to start with your own people or that whole problem could continue to fester. If Morris goes he may take McGuire with him. It would be nice to see some continuity and keep Morris, I know a lot of people want to blame him for the offensive problems and he is the offensive coordinator. However a lot of the problems on offense were the personnel not doing what they were taught, and having an offensive line that was marginal at best and thin, so the problem only got worse as injuries mounted. Needless to say, if you can't open holes and can't pass block your you play book shrinks. I do think he had one of the better red zone offenses we have seen in years.
Yes, the red zone O was phenomenal. I do not recall a better one since I've followed Coug football in the early 2000s.

While Morris shouldn't be fired at end of season, he should be on HOT SEAT.

Yes there were problems with OL, Cam, WR Dropsies, etc, BUT CAM WOULD EITHER NOT RUN THE DAMN BALL, OR NOT CONTINUE TO RUN THE DAMN BALL, EVEN THO SUCCESSFUL, EVEN THO TOLD BY DICKERT TO RUN IT.

AND MORRIS RAN ABOUT 50 SCREEN, SIDELINE SWING PASSES, ETC, PER GAME.

And MORRIS HAD EXTREMELY BAD PLAYCALLING, when outside the RedZone.

And altho the Pass blocking was BAD, it's REVISIONIST HISTORY to say that WSU, Morris, OL, Watson, Jenkins couldn't run the ball, and that that's why Morris didn't run the ball.

Watson and Jenkins had MONSTER running the ball games, Yards per carry, etc, when, IF MORRIS GAVE CARRIES TO THEM.

While Morris shouldn't be fired at end of season, he should be on HOT SEAT.

Yes there were problems with OL, Cam, WR Dropsies, etc, BUT CAM WOULD EITHER NOT RUN THE DAMN BALL, OR NOT CONTINUE TO RUN THE DAMN BALL, EVEN THO SUCCESSFUL, EVEN THO TOLD BY DICKERT TO RUN IT.

AND MORRIS RAN ABOUT 50 SCREEN, SIDELINE SWING PASSES, ETC, PER GAME.

And MORRIS HAD EXTREMELY BAD PLAYCALLING, when outside the RedZone.

And altho the Pass blocking was BAD, it's REVISIONIST HISTORY to say that WSU, Morris, OL, Watson, Jenkins couldn't run the ball, and that that's why Morris didn't run the ball.

Watson and Jenkins had MONSTER running the ball games, Yards per carry, etc, when, IF MORRIS GAVE CARRIES TO THEM.
You basically led the P5 nation in sacks. The OL is terrible. An FBS receiver that was 3rd best on team last year became your playmaker. You have some pieces, but you need a lot more.

Reactions: justinbgocougs
Good point about the red zone O. It was stellar.

You basically led the P5 nation in sacks. The OL is terrible. An FBS receiver that was 3rd best on team last year became your playmaker. You have some pieces, but you need a lot more.

Yes the OL is terribad in Pass blocking. I acknowledged that.

I also acknowledged everything else you said.

Everything you said DOES NOT CHANGE that when, if the OL, Watson, Jenkins got carries, that WSU runs the ball just fine.

Everything you said DOES NOT CHANGE that Morris had TERRIBLY BAD PLAYCALLING OUTSIDE THE REDZONE, except for the STANFORD, and 1 other game or 2.

The bad offense isn't bad because of ONLY 1 THING, OR ONLY THINGS TO EXCLUDE OTHER THINGS.

THE OFFENSE WAS BAD BECAUSE OF MANY THINGS INCLUDING MORRIS CALLING BAD PLAYS OUTSIDE THE REDZONE, AND MORRIS BOTH NOT RUNNING THE BALL AND NOT CONTINUING TO RUN THE BALL.

And that's why Morris is either on Hot seat or SHOULD BE ON HOT SEAT.

This OL can not just line up and run it on people I promise you. You have no speed demon WR to get open. When you are at a deficit you have to try and disguise and be creative.

This OL can not just line up and run it on people I promise you. You have no speed demon WR to get open. When you are at a deficit you have to try and disguise and be creative.

Oh so that's why Watson had about 5.5 YARDS PER CARRY, and why Jenkins had about 5.5 YARDS PER CARRY, and why Jenkins GOT 7 YARDS EACH OF ABOUT 9 CARRIES, BEFORE MORRIS STOPPED HANDING THE BALL OFF TO HIM, IN 1 GAME.

THATS WHY THAT JENKINS HAD 2 GAMES OF ABOUT 100 TO 130 TO 150 TO 175 YARDS .

AND WHY WATSON HAD 3,4 GAMES OF ABOUT 100 TO 125 TO 150 TO 175+ YARDS IN GAMES ON ABOUT 19 CARRIES.

BUT DO KEEP ON WITH YOUR REVISIONIST HISTORY.

Oh so that's why Watson had about 5.5 YARDS PER CARRY, and why Jenkins had about 5.5 YARDS PER CARRY, and why Jenkins GOT 7 YARDS EACH OF ABOUT 9 CARRIES, BEFORE MORRIS STOPPED HANDING THE BALL OFF TO HIM, IN 1 GAME.

AND WHY WATSON HAD 3,4 GAMES OF ABOUT 100 TO 125 TO 150 TO 175+ YARDS IN GAMES ON ABOUT 19 CARRIES.

AND THE ONLY REASON WHY WATSON, JENKINS DIDNT HAVE MORE GAMES LIKE THAT, ETC, IS THAT MORRIS AND CAM CHOSE TO BOTH NOT HAND THE BALL OFF TO WATSON, JENKINS AND CHOSE TO STOP, AND NOT CONTINUE TO HAND THE BALL OFF TO WATSON, JENKINS, CONTINUE THEIR WILDLY SUCCESSFULL RUNNING OF THE FOOTBALL.

DICKERT HAD TO YELL, SCREAM AT BOTH MORRIS, CAM TO RUN THE DAMN EFFING BALL, AND MORRIS AND CAM WITH THE EXCEPTION OF 1,2,3 GAMES(INCLUDING THE STANFORD GAME) DID NOT LISTEN, FOLLOW DICKERTS INSTRUCTIONS TO RUN THE DAMN EFFING BALL BY HANDING THE BALL OFF TO WATSON.

AND THATS WHY THAT WATSON GOT ABOUT 3,4,5,6,7 YARDS EACH TIME HE RAN UP THE MIDDLE ON 3RD AND 1,2,3, AND ON GOAL LINES ABOUT 99.99% OF TIME, AND ONLY GOT STUFFED FOR LITTLE, OR NO GAIN, ETC, IN THOSE SPOTS ABOUT .0001% OF TIME.

If he gets the job, I'm fine with that for various reasons. I'll just give you WSU's current SP+ rankings:

Overall: 37
Offense: 78
Defense: 19
ST: 28

I wouldn't go back to the R&S. With Morris, I doubt he's at WSU very long. I don't see him getting fired anytime soon, as we've discussed, but his entire playing and coaching history (and life, I believe) has been in Texas other than the times he's been at WSU, and he was willing to bail on Leach after one year. That included a co-OC title he probably never would have gotten at WSU with Leach around, but he seems like the kind of guy who always will be open to opportunities in Texas, potentially including lateral moves. Would be a pretty good result for WSU and him if he got this job.

AND THATS WHY THAT WATSON GOT ABOUT 3,4,5,6,7 YARDS EACH TIME HE RAN UP THE MIDDLE ON 3RD AND 1,2,3, AND ON GOAL LINES ABOUT 99.99% OF TIME, AND ONLY GOT STUFFED FOR LITTLE, OR NO GAIN, ETC, IN THOSE SPOTS ABOUT .0001% OF TIME.
You’re an idiot and missed the whole point!! Not worth arguing with you!!

And SCARLET RUTGER IDIOT HAS NO POINT, OR AT LEAST IS WRONG BECAUSE INSTEAD OF ADDRESSING MY MR SPOCKIAN LOGIC, INSTEAD STARTS CALLING NAMES, WHICH IS WHAT THOSE THAT ARE WRONG START DOING INSTEAD OF TALKING ABOUT THEIR POSITION, BECAUSE THEIR POSITION IS WRONG, INDEFENSIBLE.

The STATS, NUMBERS, HISTORY(NOT YOUR REVISIONIST HISTORY), SPOCKIAN LOGIC, FACTS, ALL SHOW THAT WHEN WATSON, JENKINS, GOT HAND OFFS, CARRIES, RAN THE BALL, THAT THEY USUALLY, ALMOST ALWAYS SUCCESSFULLY RAN THE BALL BEFORE IF MORRIS STOPPED RUNNING THE BALL.

WATSON AND JENKINS GOT ABOUT 5.5 YARDS PER CARRY(APPROXIMATE FACT)

WATSON AND JENKINS HAD ABOUT 2,3,4,5 GAMES OF RUNNING THE BALL FOR ABOUT 115+ TO 185+ YARDS(APPROXIMATE FACT)

Everybody on this board except you and 1,2 others knows that WSU has FACTUALLY RAN THE BALL JUST FINE ON THOSE SEMI LIMITED TIMES, WHEN, IF MORRIS CHOSE TO RUN THE DAMN BALL.

Morris IS a good PLAYCALLER IN THE REDZONE.

BUT OUTSIDE THE REDZONE, EXCEPT IN 1,2,3 games like the STANFORD GAME, etc, MORRIS GENERALLY WASNT A GOOD PLAY CALLER, AN OR WASNT AS GOOD A PLAYCALLER.

AND WILLFULLY CHOSE NOT TO RUN THE DAMN BALL, EVEN THO WSU RAN THE DAMN BALL JUST FINE DURING MOST OF THOSE LIMITED TIMES THAT WSU RAN THE DAMN BALL FOR A CHANGE.

WSU RAN THE DAMN BALL FINE MOST OF THE LIMITED TIMES THAT RAN THE DAMN BALL.

MORRIS USUALLY CHOSE TO NOT RUN THE DAM BALL DESPITE WSU SUCCESSFULLY RUNNING DAMN BALL.

MORRIS WAS A BAD PLAY CALLER OUTSIDE THE REDZONE.

THATS THE ABSOLUTE TRUTH, FACTS, LOGIC, ETC, AND NO AMOUNT OF YOU SAYING OTHERWISE WILL CHANGE THAT.

YOU CAN CALL A BLUE SKY RED ALL YOU WANT. BUT THAT WONT CHANGE THAT SKY BLUE.

Were there other factors like injuries, WR DROPSIES, CAM, OL, ETC? YES YES.

But despite that, those problems, WSU still ran the ball successfully, most of the limited times that ran the ball, and despite those problems, issues Morris USUALLY, except for 1,2,3,4 games, except for in the RedZone, WAS A BAD PLAYCALLER.

Just like those problems that you brought up, should be acknowledged, it should also be acknowledged that WSU SUCCESSFULLY RAN THE BALL MOST OF THE LIMITED TIME, AND that MORRIS WAS USUALLY A BAD CALLER OUTSIDE THE REDZONE.

ANYBODY THAT DISPUTES WHAT I HAVE SAID HERE IS AS MR SPOCK AND DATA WOULD SAY DONT COMPUTE, ARE ILLOGICAL.

The STATS, NUMBERS, HISTORY(NOT YOUR REVISIONIST HISTORY), SPOCKIAN LOGIC, FACTS, ALL SHOW THAT WHEN WATSON, JENKINS, GOT HAND OFFS, CARRIES, RAN THE BALL, THAT THEY USUALLY, ALMOST ALWAYS SUCCESSFULLY RAN THE BALL BEFORE IF MORRIS STOPPED RUNNING THE BALL.

WATSON AND JENKINS GOT ABOUT 5.5 YARDS PER CARRY(APPROXIMATE FACT)

WATSON AND JENKINS HAD ABOUT 2,3,4,5 GAMES OF RUNNING THE BALL FOR ABOUT 115+ TO 185+ YARDS(APPROXIMATE FACT)

Everybody on this board except you and 1,2 others knows that WSU has FACTUALLY RAN THE BALL JUST FINE ON THOSE SEMI LIMITED TIMES, WHEN, IF MORRIS CHOSE TO RUN THE DAMN BALL.

Morris IS a good PLAYCALLER IN THE REDZONE.

BUT OUTSIDE THE REDZONE, EXCEPT IN 1,2,3 games like the STANFORD GAME, etc, MORRIS GENERALLY WASNT A GOOD PLAY CALLER, AN OR WASNT AS GOOD A PLAYCALLER.

AND WILLFULLY CHOSE NOT TO RUN THE DAMN BALL, EVEN THO WSU RAN THE DAMN BALL JUST FINE DURING MOST OF THOSE LIMITED TIMES THAT WSU RAN THE DAMN BALL FOR A CHANGE.

WSU RAN THE DAMN BALL FINE MOST OF THE LIMITED TIMES THAT RAN THE DAMN BALL.

MORRIS USUALLY CHOSE TO NOT RUN THE DAM BALL DESPITE WSU SUCCESSFULLY RUNNING DAMN BALL.

MORRIS WAS A BAD PLAY CALLER OUTSIDE THE REDZONE.

THATS THE ABSOLUTE TRUTH, FACTS, LOGIC, ETC, AND NO AMOUNT OF YOU SAYING OTHERWISE WILL CHANGE THAT.

YOU CAN CALL A BLUE SKY RED ALL YOU WANT. BUT THAT WONT CHANGE THAT SKY BLUE.

Were there other factors like injuries, WR DROPSIES, CAM, OL, ETC? YES YES.

But despite that, those problems, WSU still ran the ball successfully, most of the limited times that ran the ball, and despite those problems, issues Morris USUALLY, except for 1,2,3,4 games, except for in the RedZone, WAS A BAD PLAYCALLER.

Just like those problems that you brought up, should be acknowledged, it should also be acknowledged that WSU SUCCESSFULLY RAN THE BALL MOST OF THE LIMITED TIME, AND that MORRIS WAS USUALLY A BAD CALLER OUTSIDE THE REDZONE.

ANYBODY THAT DISPUTES WHAT I HAVE SAID HERE IS AS MR SPOCK AND DATA WOULD SAY DONT COMPUTE, ARE ILLOGICAL.

And that's just the running the ball issue.

Then there is the MORRIS RUNNING ABOUT 1000 SCREENS, SIDELINE SWING PASSES, A GAME, CAUSING THE DEFENSE TO SIT ON THAT AND BLOW UP THOSE PLAYS FOR EITHER LITTLE, NO GAIN, NEGATIVE YARDAGE, ABOUT 93% OF TIME.

Lots of good options

Kingsbury/Morris Tree: guys like Darrin Chiaverini, Emmet Jones
ByU Virginia Air Raid: Robert Anae, Jason Beck
NDSU tree non air raid: Brett Vigen Montana State HC
Sonny Dykes tree: Garrett Riley, Doug Meacham
LEACH Tree: Seth Litrell, Spurrier Jr,

Lots of good options

If Dickert wants his version of a 39% run, 61% pass, 1 TE, 1 RB, 3,4 WR, COUG RAID, he needs to grab Garret Riley, Doug Meacham, from the Sonny Dykes Tree, raid the TCU OC/QB coach, if it isn't Sonny Dykes that is the QB/OC

If that's not possible, Darrin Chiaverini or Robert Anae are both pretty good.

I was hoping for Anae in some capacity last offseason.

Some OKST fans seem to think McEndoo may be on the way out. Come home Jason?
Would love to see Dickert grab Michalczik...

EDIT: I was thinking about Casey Dunn in my head over McEndoo, so not sure on McEndoo's coaching.

If Dickert wants his version of a 39% run, 61% pass, 1 TE, 1 RB, 3,4 WR, COUG RAID, he needs to grab Garret Riley, Doug Meacham, from the Sonny Dykes Tree, raid the TCU OC/QB coach, if it isn't Sonny Dykes that is the QB/OC

If that's not possible, Darrin Chiaverini or Robert Anae are both pretty good.

Spurrier JR is a AWESOME candidate, BUT he is from the 30% run, 70% pass, not run the ball even tho rush 2, drop 9 back, Leach raid.

How about Bartilone

Doesn't have enough experience, and from the no run despite defense rushing 2, dropping 9 back, Leach Raid.

We want to AVOID the LEACH RAID.

Bartilone would be a good WR's coach or QB coach tho, but NOT YET A P5 OC YET.

Let him be a P5 WR Coach, lower level OC, HC, first, before he is a OC at the P5 level

Not surprising, and you can't blame coaches for grabbing a head coaching job, but this will impact recruiting as well as some of our kids entering the portal potentially.

Lots of good options

No more F'ing air raid please.

I just saw a tweet that said they are hiring the other dude.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT