ADVERTISEMENT

MSU staff changes

Spurrier is a good recruiter and has a great eye for talent. He’d be a great hire.he’s not an oc though.

I’ll tell you what, Arnett the 36 yo who Has never been a HC before is firing just about the whole staff who had Leach ties. If WSU was smart and had the money they would hire some of these guys. Jason Washington, db r b coach fired, great Texas recruiter. Hollingshead inside receivers fired, mele special teams fired.
the two guys who are the Crown Jewels of that staff mason miller and Darrel mcbath haven’t been fired yet but it’s probably coming.

arnett is a total fool will crash that program quick.

they have no ad in place so apparently he’s run amok with no control

Spurrier is a good recruiter and has a great eye for talent. He’d be a great hire.he’s not an oc though.

I’ll tell you what, Arnett the 36 yo who Has never been a HC before is firing just about the whole staff who had Leach ties. If WSU was smart and had the money they would hire some of these guys. Jason Washington, db r b coach fired, great Texas recruiter. Hollingshead inside receivers fired, mele special teams fired.
the two guys who are the Crown Jewels of that staff mason miller and Darrel mcbath haven’t been fired yet but it’s probably coming.

arnett is a total fool will crash that program quick.

they have no ad in place so apparently he’s run amok with no control

Spurrier is a Southern ball coach. I don’t see him coming back to Pullman.

Mason Miller was great for WSU. Hire him asap if they can.

Im not surprised at all that one side of the ball gets bumped up and fires the other side of the ball. Don’t think there aren’t egos involved and office arguments that happened.

Reactions: cr8zyncalif
Hopefully WSU is monitoring this , leach was very good at program building and putting together a staff.

spurrier can spot wr talent. He is the kind of guy you need to get under the radar talents. He got rara Thomas, who just signed with Georgia out of the portal. He got Robinson off of Georgia’s depth chart who is a 6-4 220 pound star in the making.

arnett Is a punk who Will win 8 with Leachs players for a year or two then sink to 5-7, get canned and be a big sky dc.

I was actually kind of pulling for Arnett given the circumstances but you are correct in your assessment he is a fool that is way over his head.

First I never thought Mike should have taken the MSU job. That is a toxic atmosphere where nothing is ever good enough. His team won 9 games this year something that program has rarely done ( 9 times in 120 years) in their weak history and all they did was chirp and gripe all season.

Now Arnett is rumored to be going after Kendall Briles who was key in a why pre-season Top 10 Arkansas finished 6-6. Arky has to be laughing if they also get a buy out to get rid of a guy that most wanted to kick to the curb anyway. If you look at little Briles history he has stayed one slight step ahead of getting the axe ever since he could not longer ride his sleeze Daddy's coattails. Looks like green Arnett will throw him another life line.

One parting gift Leach left was the bar now is 9 wins at MSU. That will now be standard for Arnett without any assistance from the coaches that helped that happen.
BRiles runs an RPO, meaning all the lineman leach handpicked to pass block won’t fit, his qb won’t fit, Locke and parson are air raid guys not RPO. It’s a disaster in the making. Arnett has have an ego much bigger than his brain to do this. Miss state has a trash fan base that would rather lose running the ball than win passing the ball. they were horrendous to leach and sucked what they could get out of him. These kind of things result in bad karma, see Texas tech,

ping, i don’t know how close you follow this stuff but did you know about the Dillon Johnson recording and attempted set up of leach by someone in the program ? Makes me wonder if arnett was involved in that.

leach was poised to win 10+ next year with a cake schedule after having the #2 sos , brutal slate in the country this year.

will Rogers was holding leach back, if he ever got Locke in there they would have been a force to be reckoned with

you are right, Leach made a big Mistake taking that job.

Last edited:
BRiles runs an RPO, meaning all the lineman leach handpicked to pass block won’t fit, his qb won’t fit, Locke and parson are air raid guys not RPO. It’s a disaster in the making. Arnett has have an ego much bigger than his brain to do this. Miss state has a trash fan base that would rather lose running the ball than win passing the ball. they were horrendous to leach and sucked what they could get out of him. These kind of things result in bad karma, see Texas tech,

ping, i don’t know how close you follow this stuff but did you know about the Dillon Johnson recording and attempted set up of leach by someone in the program ? Makes me wonder if arnett was involved in that.

leach was poised to win 10+ next year with a cake schedule after having the #2 sos , brutal slate in the country this year.

will Rogers was holding leach back, if he ever got Locke in there they would have been a force to be reckoned with

you are right, Leach made a big Mistake taking that job. The local beat writers that sabotaged him and hated him, he attended their Christmas party the night before he passed. They made fun of him being ill all year. Really bad people.

I don't want to go further on Arnett, let's just say he is the opposite of Coach Dickert and I will stop there. I do think his personality etc. fits the MSU fan base. But he will have that pesky deal of a 9 win final season and Leach going 8-8 in the SEC the last 2 years hanging over head. Those are historically high water marks in Starkville so good luck .

The main characteristic of the Briles' offense going back to sleeze Daddy is it beats the hell out of the QB. RG3 was damaged goods coming out of there and I think the Arky QB missed half the season this year. What would be a good move for somebody like WSU is hire Mason Miller and then clean out the MSU QB and receiver room through the Portal. MSU QB's in particular need to hit the road if they see Briles coming and they have some talent there below Roger that have no real connection to Miss..

Last edited:
Zero connections to MSU per se. But the toxicity of that place is fairly widely known in the coaching circles.

I don't want to go further on Arnett, let's just say he is the opposite of Coach Dickert and I will stop there. I do think his personality etc. fits the MSU fan base. But he will have that pesky deal of a 9 win final season and Leach going 8-8 in the SEC the last 2 years hanging over head. Those are historically high water marks in Starkville so good luck .

The main characteristic of the Briles' offense going back to sleeze Daddy is it beats the hell out of the QB. RG3 was damaged goods coming out of there and I think the Arky QB missed half the season this year. What would be a good move for somebody like WSU is hire Mason Miller and then clean out the MSU QB and receiver room through the Portal. MSU QB's in particular need to hit the road if they see Briles coming and they have some talent there below Roger that have no real connection to Miss..
Excellent post. Locke is a bonafide stud, guarantee he’s going to transfer. Parson came for Leach and will probably be gone as well, he’s a mobile qb who can pass. MSU receiver room is way too deep for a BRiles garbage RPO system, WSU can get some of Them.

mason Miller is a great o line coach and I believe someone leach had pointed to as a future oc. WSU should get him and mcbath.

someone ought to email your post to WSU ath dept, dickert.

I have never seen something as negative and toxic in my life as the miss state fan base, local media and admin. Seriously. felt like I needed to take a bath and wash with lye soap. Just some really miserable and really dumb people. They have some painful seasons coming and richly deserved.

Miss St. was not a fan of the Leach air raid if you followed many of their posters this season. They want more run, including the QB, and less pass.

My guess is Arnett is "playing to the crowd" and we will see if that works in the short-term. It's a cut-throat environment down there - one I happen to think contributed to Leach's heart problems - and Arnett will be on a very short leash.

Miss St. was not a fan of the Leach air raid if you followed many of their posters this season. They want more run, including the QB, and less pass.

My guess is Arnett is "playing to the crowd" and we will see if that works in the short-term. It's a cut-throat environment down there - one I happen to think contributed to Leach's heart problems - and Arnett will be on a very short leash.

I actually think the " playing to the crowd" would work a little better if Leach had not also left behind also a legacy of winning at rates that MSU has only seen before when they had Mullen. Odds favor they will revert back to their historical mean of being crappy which is where they were headed with the guy between Mullen and Leach.

But by god if they see more running and their QB limping off the field all of time those people are so dumb that may be deemed a success. I personally prefer winning ball games and don't really care how it is done.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chucksizzle1
I actually think the " playing to the crowd" would work a little better if Leach had not also left behind also a legacy of winning at rates that MSU has only seen before when they had Mullen. Odds favor they will revert back to their historical mean of being crappy which is where they were headed with the guy between Mullen and Leach.

But by god if they see more running and their QB limping off the field all of time those people are so dumb that may be deemed a success. I personally prefer winning ball games and don't really care how it is done, but that is also why I would never live in Miss.
I’ve been to Laurel, MS to see Ben and Erin’s place. It was a nice little town with most of the homes reminding me of the older parts of the south hill in Spokane around Manito. Didn’t seem like a bad place to live.

Reactions: justinbgocougs
Who would you bring back from the list. Besides what has been mentioned. I see the list is longer.

Wow, even Brittany Thackery lost her job.

Interesting that Jeff Phelps is the only Defensive Coach let go. Apparently Zach wasn’t a fan of Leach.

Interesting that Jeff Phelps is the only Defensive Coach let go. Apparently Zach wasn’t a fan of Leach.
I understand why he is making changes . He wants his own oc. As great as Leach was his staff had to go elsewhere e to get coordinator experience .

He’s an absolute fool. I would be surprised if McBath stays long , he’s also getting rid of washington who is a great recruiter. He is dismantling a veteran team poised to win ten games. You can’t impose a RPO system on a air raid roster without a serious rebuild and growing pains. Clowns in over his head.

He’s an absolute fool. I would be surprised if McBath stays long , he’s also getting rid of washington who is a great recruiter. He is dismantling a veteran team poised to win ten games. You can’t impose a RPO system on an air raid roster without a serious rebuild and growing pains. Clowns in over his head.
Nick Rolo to State as OC or Brian Smith

He’s an absolute fool. I would be surprised if McBath stays long , he’s also getting rid of washington who is a great recruiter. He is dismantling a veteran team poised to win ten games. You can’t impose a RPO system on a air raid roster without a serious rebuild and growing pains. Clowns in over his head.
We see this all the time in the business world - new guy comes in and thinks he needs to dismantle everything to prove that he is the real genius behind the (assumed) future success. Ego is a hell of a drug.

Usually results in catastrophic failure and someone else coming in and doing what is known to work.

He wants people that are more loyal to him than they were Leach. That is understandable. Maybe many of those people did not like or respect Arnett. If you ever seen him in action it is not a far leap to see that he is not all that likeable.

All of that is great except there are players involved. Most of those players that just had a 9 win season and the new incoming class were recruited by those coaches that Arnett apparently does not trust. Hard to see Arnett winning them over with his "charisma" . The hard core Miss. kids will stick around but the out of starters on the roster will start leaving. Kiffin wins big in the end, he had a true rival with Leach at MSU.

Last edited:
We called yesterday . If Parsons hits it as well the dam will really break.
Yep, I’m reading the insane comments by the run the ball idiots from MSU.

Parson Is a kid who is not real big, smart and wanted to play for Leach in the air raid, I think he was looking to develop,like Mahomes. His dad is pretty involved. I’d be amazed if they stick with Briles and RPO. If they know enough, they will definitely run like hell.

parson Was going to be Leachs next evolution, an air raid with A qb who was going to have some designed running plays and took a lot of pressure off the o line. He is way too small and smart to get banged up in a Briles offense. Hopefully he and his dad see the writing on the wall with Sawyer and Locke leaving.

wsu could really upgrade here in talent and coaching staff. I think it would be kind of divine justice, as WSU always treated leach well and some Of what he personally put together can end up in Pullman Rather than be wasted down in Starkville.

We see this all the time in the business world - new guy comes in and thinks he needs to dismantle everything to prove that he is the real genius behind the (assumed) future success. Ego is a hell of a drug.

Usually results in catastrophic failure and someone else coming in and doing what is known to work.
There’s a quote I have on my desk that has paid off for my career and a mindset I’ve pushed on the managers below me:

“There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn’t mind who gets the credit.”

I heard about the plaque Reagan had, and it rang true to how I was molded as a young engineer. Ive mentioned this principle with highly successful people that know personally—people who are phenomenally more accomplished than I am—have agreed wholeheartedly with it. And I bet the best coaches, the one with longterm success, are like this. This is why I’m not very bullish on Prime—unless he’s changed or it is all an act. And if your assessment of Arnett is accurate he’ll crash and burn too.

(Apparently the oldest formulation for this idea is from a Jesuit preist, Fr Strickland: https://quoteinvestigator.com/2010/12/21/doing-good-selfless/ )

There’s a quote I have on my desk that has paid off for my career and a mindset I’ve pushed on the managers below me:

“There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn’t mind who gets the credit.”

I heard about the plaque Reagan had, and it rang true to how I was molded as a young engineer. Ive mentioned this principle with highly successful people that know personally—people who are phenomenally more accomplished than I am—have agreed wholeheartedly with it. And I bet the best coaches, the one with longterm success, are like this. This is why I’m not very bullish on Prime—unless he’s changed or it is all an act. And if your assessment of Arnett is accurate he’ll crash and burn too.

(Apparently the oldest formulation for this idea is from a Jesuit preist, Fr Strickland: https://quoteinvestigator.com/2010/12/21/doing-good-selfless/ )
Agree, the older I get the more I realize how important humility is.

You know a 36 yo DC, whose whole career experience is one year of dc at SDSU takes over a program that was built by Leach, complete with staff veteran team bringing nearly everybody back from a 9 win team, air raid, young talented Recruits for that system waiting in the wings".........what’s he do ?

he burns it to the ground, fires the entire staff, brings in a RPO running offense OC , now its a total rebuild, the young talent doesn’t fit and transfers".....

unbelievable arrogance and stupidity. And the ignorant MSU fan base hasn’t figured out what just happened. It will literally take most of them 2-3 years to understand what just happened.

as Ping suggested, i Hope WSU gets spurrier in here and cleans out that wide receiver room and brings in Locke or Sawyer Robertson, Mason Miller would fix the O line problem in no time. most of those talented skill position players are going to be hitting the portal anyway.

Reactions: PINGDUDE4

I have a similar sentiment on my desk:

"I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you"

It was announced that MSU just hired Will Friend, former Auburn OL coach, and were this leaves Mason Miller is unknown at this time.

they deny they are hiring Bobo, but their OC hire will be someone similar. They want a pro style ground and pound which is the dumbest offense a small school,can run against sec defensive lines. Friend is from Miss and his dad was a longtime HS coach there, like Bumphis another Miss local. They hired Peterson a former Miss hs coach to be their director of football operations who appears to be calling the shots, lol.

Apparently Boosters are running the program and influencing meathead Arnett so it’s all about “recruiting Mississippi” , even though Leach had recruited the state at the same standard as it’s been for the last 75 years. You get some defensive players and few offensive players annually, but not enough to have a competitive sec team. A ole Miss takes a few of the top players as does LSU as they have more NIL money.

you can see the respect for Leach coaches as spurrier and Hollingshead immediately got OC jobs. Miller is one of the top OL coaches in the sec and the country IMO. I would offer him associate head coach and as much money as I could pay him to get him to Pullman as I could. I’m sure other programs will be on him But he’s got WSU ties.

locke is being pursued by Wisconsin, robertson offered by tcu and Baylor. the dumb MSU fan base made fun of both of these guys and implied leach couldn’t evaluate qbs properly. Lol

it would be a shame if WSU doesn’t get any coaches or players out of the MSU disaster. Leach had really put together something good and it’s being torn apart for no good reason other than stupidity and arrogance.

what’s interesting, Leach was kind of stuck with Will Rogers as he had no other qb who could run the system in 2020 and he had to wait for the young guys to develop. Rogers is the weakest air raid qb he ever had IMO, and really held back the offense. It was remarkable leach could go 9-4 in the sec with a qb who probably can not run a 5.8 forty or throw the ball more than 35-40 yards in the air.

Last edited:
they deny they are hiring Bobo, but their OC hire will be someone similar. They want a pro style ground and pound which is the dumbest offense a small school,can run against sec defensive lines. Friend is from Miss and his dad was a longtime HS coach there, like Bumphis another Miss local. They hired Peterson a former Miss hs coach to be their director of football operations who appears to be calling the shots, lol.

Apparently Boosters are running the program and influencing meathead Arnett so it’s all about “recruiting Mississippi” , even though Leach had recruited the state at the same standard as it’s been for the last 75 years. You get some defensive players and few offensive players annually, but not enough to have a competitive sec team. A ole Miss takes a few of the top players as does LSU as they have more NIL money.

you can see the respect for Leach coaches as spurrier and Hollingshead immediately got OC jobs. Miller is one of the top OL coaches in the sec and the country IMO. I would offer him associate head coach and as much money as I could pay him to get him to Pullman as I could. I’m sure other programs will be on him But he’s got WSU ties.

locke is being pursued by Wisconsin, robertson offered by tcu and Baylor. the dumb MSU fan base made fun of both of these guys and implied leach couldn’t evaluate qbs properly. Lol

it would be a shame if WSU doesn’t get any coaches or players out of the MSU disaster. Leach had really put together something good and it’s being torn apart for no good reason other than stupidity and arrogance.

what’s interesting, Leach was kind of stuck with Will Rogers as he had no other qb who could run the system in 2020 and he had to wait for the young guys to develop. Rogers is the weakest air raid qb he ever had IMO, and really held back the offense. It was remarkable leach could go 9-4 in the sec with a qb who probably can not run a 5.8 forty or throw the ball more than 35-40 yards in the air.

Makes no sense they felt the need to blow it all so fast. They are making moves like they just went 5-7 or something. Smacks of some form of vindictiveness . Sort of like when a Godfather dies and the next in line start fighting for power.

The tell that this is something more than just normal coaching changes was how Arnett immediately canned Leach's long time off the field assistant : B. Thackery. I mean WTH is that all about, something like that couldn't wait until the summer ? Fortunately all of those people had enough connections and will land of their feet.

Most curious is what will happen with McBath and Miller. Those will also be tells as Arnett is not going to easily replace either of those guys. McBath was just getting started at WSU, but he is really becoming an elite recruiter. Phelps and Mele are both easily replaceable and probably already purged.

I don't visit Miss. State boards, but they are probably giddy that they start running a sacrifice the QB type offense. Starting see more clearly why they rarely have 9 win seasons.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chucksizzle1
Makes no sense they felt the need to blow it all so fast. They are making move like they just went 5-7 or something. Smacks of some form of vindictiveness . Sort of like when a Godfather dies and the next in line start fighting for power.

The tell that this is something more than just normal coaching changes was how Arnett immediately canned Leach's long time off the field assistant : B. Thackery. I mean WTH is that all about, something like that couldn't wait until the summer ? Fortunately all of those people had enough connections and will land of their feet.

Most curious is what will happen with McBath and Miller. Those will also be tells as Arnett is not going to easily replace either of those guys. McBath was just getting started at WSU, but he is really becoming an elite recruiter. Phelps and Mele are both easily replaceable and probably already purged.

I don't visit Miss. State boards, but they are probably giddy that they start running a sacrifice the QB type offense. Starting see more clearly why they rarely have 9 win seasons.
Tells you some of the good ol boys were just seething watch Leach throw the ball and recruit nationally. They are in a hurry to tear up everything.

mcbath has now sent 2-3 guys to the nfl first round pick and is developing a low ranked cb out La to be the next first rounder. He has a good room with some really good young dbs.

I imagine the word is getting around, Leachs guys will be talking and Leach had a lot of respect around the country. Who in their right mind would now come work for Arnett and the idiot boosters running that program ? It’s going to blow up in their faces in about 18 months. I’m beginning think they are going to screw this thing up so bad 6-6 will be an achievement next year.

there is definitely some vindictiveness with the way Leachs staff has been handled. I saw the behind the scenes stuff on the way a couple of local media types took part in an attempted set up of Leach with the Dillon Johnson recording, it didn’t pan out and pretty much backfired. I’m guessing Arnett, a really dumb guy, sold Leach out and was doing the bidding of the good ol boys. They were actually angry when he won the egg bowl. They knew next years schedule set up for Leach to have a program record number of wins and after that they couldn’t touch him. Some real trashy people.

id love to hear what Miller and Hollingshead would have to say in private

their low IQ focus is now on mississippimtalent and Mississippi high school staff. LMAO. That ought to get you 0-2 wins a year in the sec if that. Freaking goobers

Last edited:
Tells you some of the good ol boys were just seething watch Leach throw the ball and recruit nationally. They are in a hurry to tear up everything.

mcbath has now sent 2-3 guys to the nfl first round pick and is developing a low ranked cb out La to be the next first rounder. He has a good room with some really good young dbs.

I imagine the word is getting around, Leachs guys will be talking and Leach had a lot of respect around the country. Who in their right mind would now come work for Arnett and the idiot boosters running that program ? It’s going to blow up in their faces in about 18 months. I’m beginning think they are going to screw this thing up so bad 6-6 will be an achievement next year.

there is definitely some vindictiveness with the way Leachs staff has been handled. I saw the behind the scenes stuff on the way a couple of local media types took part in an attempted set up of Leach with the Dillon Johnson recording, it didn’t pan out and pretty much backfired. I’m guessing Arnett, a really dumb guy, sold Leach out and was doing the bidding of the good ol boys. someone inside the program took part. They were actually angry on the 247 pay site when he won the egg bowl. They knew next years schedule set up for Leach to have a program record number of wins and after that they couldn’t touch him. One local lawyer who posts on their site had a “whatever it takes” to get Rid of Leach sig line on his posts. They made jokes of being able to remove Leach if he was dying of cancer. Some real trashy people.

id love to hear what Miller and Hollingshead would have to say in private

their low IQ focus is now on mississippimtalent and Mississippi high school staff. LMAO. That ought to get you 0-2 wins a year in the sec if that. Freaking goobers

I will hold judgement until we see who they hire. Looking at their hires so far an O-line Coach from Memphis and WR coach from Utah makes you wonder who is calling the shots. (Side note I was reading an article about the Utah WR leaving and one of the Utah fans comment to article was they did not even know that they had an WR coach. Having watched Utah over the years , I thought that was funny )

Just would like to see Miller make his way back to Pullman. He is a far better O-line coach than Clay. Dickert can move Clay somewhere else if he wants to keep him.

I had no ill will against WSU until I read this thread.

Amazing how many of you 2000+ miles away have intimate knowledge of Miss St; Our administration, our media, our boosters, and our fans. Especially in the light of having CML tragically pass under our watch.

I've seen several of you use the buzzword "toxic" describing our fanbase. Prehaps you should look in the mirror and at the comments in this thread.

And always remember, Leach left Wazzu for State. Keep marinating in that.

Assholes.

• Haha
Reactions: justinbgocougs
I had no ill will against WSU until I read this thread.

Amazing how many of you 2000+ miles away have intimate knowledge of Miss St; Our administration, our media, our boosters, and our fans. Especially in the light of having CML tragically pass under our watch.

I've seen several of you use the buzzword "toxic" describing our fanbase. Prehaps you should look in the mirror and at the comments in this thread.

And always remember, Leach left Wazzu for State. Keep marinating in that.

Assholes.

The guy who is talking the most about it is an MSU fan, not a WSU fan.

Most of us don't know anything about the culture there...so you aren't hearing any bad mouthing from us.

My apologies....

I've discovered that Chuck isn't a WSU or Miss State fan, but a troll. Most likely an Ole Miss fan stirring the pot. (BTW anything you read on Football Scoop about MS State is likely bullshit. OM grad run site. ie: Mike Bobo as OC)

Mods should go ahead and ban this guy to save yourself some mis-information in the future.

Peace. Out.

My apologies....

I've discovered that Chuck isn't a WSU or Miss State fan, but a troll. Most likely an Ole Miss fan stirring the pot. (BTW anything you read on Football Scoop about MS State is likely bullshit. OM grad run site. ie: Mike Bobo as OC)

Mods should go ahead and ban this guy to save yourself some mis-information in the future.

Peace. Out.

Chip Douglas went to Georgia, is a Georgia Fan, is a Leach fan, knows a lot about what Leach did at MSU, knows a lot about MSU and their fans, and knows a lot about what is going on in College Football, in general, including at MSU.

Pingdude is a Texas Tec, Leach, WSU fan, and followed Leach at MSU, and knows a lot about Big 12, SEC, including MSU.

Also there are a lot of knowledgeable posters here, and they follow the mainstream sporting news carefully about what is going on at MSU, since Leach was here at WSU, before going to MSU.

Also if what Pingdude, Chip Douglas, Chucksizzle was saying was so bad, so wrong, other MSU posters besides you and not only you would probably chime in by now.

Also aside from the MSU fans supposedly being toxic, by Chuck Sizzle, the other parts of their comments about Arnett, crazily firing Air Raid, Leach coaches, so soon, and hiring RPO, run, anti pass coaches, and that MSU fans want to run the ball, instead of passing it, etc, makes logical sense, and has been in mainstream sporting news headlines, stories.

Also altho you have been quick to the defense, in saying MSU fans, not toxic, etc, you still have not said anything about whether Chipdouglas, Pingdude, ChuckSizzle right about MSU fans, Arnett, etc, supposedly wanting to flush the Air Raid and coaches, and supposedly wanting to run the ball instead.

Since you only deny the toxic thing, and don't deny the getting rid of Air Raid, and coaches, and wanting to run the ball, etc, then since you have not denied it, and since been in sports news, and since it logical, etc, then it's probably true, an or I, others are going to believe it.

And I agree, that HC Arnett is being a DUMBAZZ at MSU, and is destroying MSU, and what Leach built at MSU.

And I would not be surprised if a couple, few, some, lots of MSU fans, boosters, etc, are behind, support what Arnett is doing in
Destroying what Leach built at MSU, and in focusing on RUNNING THE BALL, etc.

Hey guys I just wanted to let you know that this chucksizzle guy signed up on the Mississippi State message board I help mod the same day he did to this board and he was trying to pretend to be an MSU fan on there so I’d take some (well most) of things he says with a grain of salt. He is grossly exaggerating many of the things he is saying.

Just thought I’d let you know. There were some MSU fans who didn’t like his style of of offense but there were many that liked it too and defended Leach. He’s making it out to be we all hated it and it’s simply not true.

Mike Leach is one of the greatest coaches to walk this earth and you can just look at the number of former players and coaches and where they are now and see what kind of mentor and influence he had over them. Not only was he great on the field but off the field too with his generosity to others that he never really talked about but did it through the goodness of his heart. He was taken from all of us way too soon.

Hey guys I just wanted to let you know that this chucksizzle guy signed up on the Mississippi State message board I help mod the same day he did to this board and he was trying to pretend to be an MSU fan on there so I’d take some (well most) of things he says with a grain of salt. He is grossly exaggerating many of the things he is saying.

Just thought I’d let you know. There were some MSU fans who didn’t like his style of of offense but there were many that liked it too and defended Leach. He’s making it out to be we all hated it and it’s simply not true.

Mike Leach is one of the greatest coaches to walk this earth and you can just look at the number of former players and coaches and where they are now and see what kind of mentor and influence he had over them. Not only was he great on the field but off the field too with his generosity to others that he never really talked about but did it through the goodness of his heart. He was taken from all of us way too soon.

Ok so maybe Chuck Sizzle might semi probably be wrong about the fans.
And what you say that some fans didn't like Leach's offense, and some did makes sense, and shows your honest about that.

But that said, the rest of what Pingdude, Chipdouglas, Chucksizzle has said about what Arnett is doing to get rid of the Air Raid at MSU, in firing almost all Air Raid Coaches, and bring in Running the QB, and running the ball coaches, smacks of Arnett either being DUMB or not liking Leach or not liking the Air Raid, or BOTH, and instead of smartly keeping the Air Raid in place to probably win 9,10, etc, games next season, he is dumbly destroying everything that Leach built at MSU, and destroying MSU, in getting players, and coaches to both leave, get terminated, fired, etc, by him Arnett, etc. All that what they said about Arnett makes logical sense, and is in the Sporting News Media as well.

Ok so maybe Chuck Sizzle might semi probably be wrong about the fans.
And what you say that some fans didn't like Leach's offense, and some did makes sense, and shows your honest about that.

But that said, the rest of what Pingdude, Chipdouglas, Chucksizzle has said about what Arnett is doing to get rid of the Air Raid at MSU, in firing almost all Air Raid Coaches, and bring in Running the QB, and running the ball coaches, smacks of Arnett either being DUMB or not liking Leach or not liking the Air Raid, or BOTH, and instead of smartly keeping the Air Raid in place to probably win 9,10, etc, games next season, he is dumbly destroying everything that Leach built at MSU, and destroying MSU, in getting players, and coaches to both leave, get terminated, fired, etc, by him Arnett, etc. All that what they said about Arnett makes logical sense, and is in the Sporting News Media as well.
I would wait and see where he goes with his OC first before jumping one way or another.

Also it’s pretty unusual for assistants to be retained when there’s a coaching change. You might see one or two that stick around but for the most part they are either not retained or leave simply because they want to move on. Off the top of my head Mullen retained I think maybe one coach from Croom, Moorhead kept one coach from Mullen, and Leach kept no one from Moorhead. Those guys that had been with Leach so long probably didn’t want to stick around simply because Mikes not there. If you want to call Arnett dumb that’s fine but I’d wait and see what happens and how the staff shakes out before we start jumping to conclusions.

That’s just the nature of the beast and let’s be honest, Mike Leachs “pure form” of the air raid went away with his passing. Very few if anyone in college football from his coaching tree run the Air Raid like Mike did.

I would wait and see where he goes with his OC first before jumping one way or another.

Also it’s pretty unusual for assistants to be retained when there’s a coaching change. You might see one or two that stick around but for the most part they are either not retained or leave simply because they want to move on. Off the top of my head Mullen retained I think maybe one coach from Croom, Moorhead kept one coach from Mullen, and Leach kept no one from Moorhead. Those guys that had been with Leach so long probably didn’t want to stick around simply because Mikes not there. If you want to call Arnett dumb that’s fine but I’d wait and see what happens and how the staff shakes out before we start jumping to conclusions.

That’s just the nature of the beast and let’s be honest, Mike Leachs “pure form” of the air raid went away with his passing. Very few if anyone in college football from his coaching tree run the Air Raid like Mike did.

That is comical to say this is a normal coaching change. Name another business where someone loses their job in a month just because their boss died.

The only reason this is a relevant topic on this board is all of these coaches were at WSU just 3 years ago. No one is picking on MSU.

Your little argument that this an "air raid" deal will go away if McBath, Phelps and Washington also get swept away by Arnett. You can not argue that they are even 'air raid" guys. However they were all hired at MSU by Leach, so stay tuned.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT