ADVERTISEMENT

Mutts big favorites

ElComanche

Hall Of Fame
Sep 28, 2007
Las Vegas odds maker have made the mutts a solid 10 point favorite in the AC. I guess they remember Falks' performance last year I would not touch this game either way as it can be a mutt blowout or a close coug win

Dude. El C....

I want you to tell me who you think is a great college quarterback right now. Who do you like as a college QB. What is your "ideal"

Las Vegas odds maker have made the mutts a solid 10 point favorite in the AC. I guess they remember Falks' performance last year I would not touch this game either way as it can be a mutt blowout or a close coug win

Why not a Coug blowout? This is the first time in quite a while where I think the potential is also there for the Cougs to win big in the AC.

Reactions: froropmkr72
So do i . However ,i do not think that we have an ideal college QB at the helm.I would like to see a coug win. I think that the cougs can beat USC again. The defense has been playing lights out but they have not been played well against the mutts.

So do i . However ,i do not think that we have an ideal college QB at the helm.I would like to see a coug win. I think that the cougs can beat USC again. The defense has been playing lights out but they have not been played well against the mutts.
the mutts usually come out smoking in the apple cup and set the tone for the rest of the game, we get back on our heels and play catch up most of the game. to win we need to come out clicking on offense from the first series, if falk comes out like he normally does, 2 yard pass , running play for no gain and a third and long sack we are going to have problems

Reactions: chipdouglas
Leach is big on being the “most excited” to play. Well, since Peterson has been in Seattle the Mutts have be the most excited to play in the Apple Cup. This week it is time to change that trend.

Yeah, that’s it....

the mutts usually come out smoking in the apple cup and set the tone for the rest of the game, we get back on our heels and play catch up most of the game. to win we need to come out clicking on offense from the first series, if falk comes out like he normally does, 2 yard pass , running play for no gain and a third and long sack we are going to have problems
That's not going to happen because the Cougs never run on second down:) OMG, OMG ...8 men in the box on second down....I'm going to have to throw.........meanwhile 2 men in the box drop into coverage because they know you're not going to run......Lordy.....How long can this go on. ????

Last edited:
I never bet on the Cougs, for or against, but I would absolutely take WSU and 10 points.

I think late season common opponent are fairly significant. We beat Stanford and Utah, and they were lucky to get a split.

It’s an evenly matched game, and our d-line is playing great.

Why not a Coug blowout? This is the first time in quite a while where I think the potential is also there for the Cougs to win big in the AC.

Probably cause we haven't blown out the Mutts since 92?

Last edited:
We’re due!
Agreed. As much as I want to say that I expect the same ol shit to save myself the hope and suffering, we are more than due.

I love the fact we are big dogs against that shit team. Kids should be playing with a large chip.

I never bet on the Cougs, for or against, but I would absolutely take WSU and 10 points.

I think late season common opponent are fairly significant. We beat Stanford and Utah, and they were lucky to get a split.

It’s an evenly matched game, and our d-line is playing great.

Now we are certainly doomed to get blown out.

Agreed. As much as I want to say that I expect the same ol shit to save myself the hope and suffering, we are more than due.

I love the fact we are big dogs against that shit team. Kids should be playing with a large chip.

Disrespect can be a big motivator. I am sure the point spread is going to be posted up in the locker room somewhere.

I would absolutely love to see a big WSU blowout win, but from past experience over 30 years I am going to figure it for a loss before kick off and be pleasantly surprised if the Mutts go down to defeat (of any kind).

The fact that the Half-Breeds have really struggled of late (losing to Stanford, a team we beat, before edging Utah with a late FG, who we beat by 8 on the road) makes the mind race: can we expect a safe Cougar win? And yet that transitive property thinking always seems to precede a fearsome thumping for the Cougs. +10 is a bit surprising but what has anyone seen so far in the CML vs CCP matchup the last few years to make them think otherwise? Huskies are still fighting for a good bowl game.

The fact that the Half-Breeds have really struggled of late (losing to Stanford, a team we beat, before edging Utah with a late FG, who we beat by 8 on the road) makes the mind race: can we expect a safe Cougar win? And yet that transitive property thinking always seems to precede a fearsome thumping for the Cougs. +10 is a bit surprising but what has anyone seen so far in the CML vs CCP matchup the last few years to make them think otherwise? Huskies are still fighting for a good bowl game.
"losing to Stanford, a team we beat"........ummmmm, UW throttled Cal, a team who throttled UW.

"losing to Stanford, a team we beat"........ummmmm, UW throttled Cal, a team who throttled UW.
All caps name is baaaaaack!

I thought he died yesterday...

220px-MansonB33920_8-14-17.jpg

Reactions: KEVINANDERSON

9-2 and a "shit team"?

The last five time

9-2 and a "shit team"?

We (Wazzu fans) have no reason to feel real confident about this game guys.

If we lose, I want to at least see us go Rico Tipton on them. I want to see some fight for a change. We'll get their best shot and Sneaky Pete will certainly have his team ready.

Much as I hate to say it, the Kevster's ALL CAPS typing style is a dead giveaway that he's a jack-husky; i.e., couldn't get in, much less get out. The only time he'll set foot in a Montlake classroom is to clean the bathrooms at night. Or better yet, for anger management classes for people who can't get their points - or even their names - across without YELLING.

Perhaps that's why he missed my very next sentence: "And yet the transitive property thinking always seems to precede a fearsome thumping for the Cougs."

Oops. You'll get 'em next time Kevin.

Much as I hate to say it, the Kevster's ALL CAPS typing style is a dead giveaway that he's a jack-husky; i.e., couldn't get in, much less get out. The only time he'll set foot in a Montlake classroom is to clean the bathrooms at night. Or better yet, for anger management classes for people who can't get their points - or even their names - across without YELLING.

Perhaps that's why he missed my very next sentence: "And yet the transitive property thinking always seems to precede a fearsome thumping for the Cougs."

Oops. You'll get 'em next time Kevin.
I saw it. The context was comparing the two teams and talking about the Huskies' struggle as of late against teams wizzu beat. Any, my point was to point out your dumb logic which I did successfully.

Do they still make Zima? If the Cougs are going to beat the mutts in doggie stadium,this may be the year.

Do they still make Zima? If the Cougs are going to beat the mutts in doggie stadium,this may be the year.
The last two times the year ended in the number 7 (that's 1997 and 2007 for your wizzu fans who can't figure out what that means)........

It must be hard for you to not say stupid things- you seem to be really good at it. Don't worry, Falk is set to graduate so you can go root for a "real" college QB next year.

I saw it. The context was comparing the two teams and talking about the Huskies' struggle as of late against teams wizzu beat. Any, my point was to point out your dumb logic which I did successfully.
Funny how you "saw it" after clearly missing it, then having your nose rubbed in it. Congratulation Kev!

Funny how you "saw it" after clearly missing it, then having your nose rubbed in it. Congratulation Kev!
Saw it the first time. Didn't mention it because it's completely different from the point I was making. Apples and oranges. Nice try. Keep trying, spin doctor.

Well for one a defense that sneaky Pete isn't going to be able to expose with his trickeration. I have a good feeling if he tries that shit it's going to explode in his face, and I hope he does. UW has not seen a D like ours this year...not even close. We've RECENTlY seen two comparable defense's to UW, Stanford and Utah.

It's right there for the taking

Saw it the first time. Didn't mention it because it's completely different from the point I was making. Apples and oranges. Nice try. Keep trying, spin doctor.
Oh boy. I forgot this is the week all the moron never has beens wearing 92 Rose Bowl sweatshirts come out of the woodwork. keep em coming Kevo...just know that we are all chuckling and the legitimate UWers are all embarrassed for you.

Well for one a defense that sneaky Pete isn't going to be able to expose with his trickeration. I have a good feeling if he tries that shit it's going to explode in his face, and I hope he does. UW has not seen a D like ours this year...not even close. We've RECENTlY seen two comparable defense's to UW, Stanford and Utah.

It's right there for the taking

Nusser on Brand Y was saying the same about our D to Zona fans before played them. He ate crow afterwards.

A realistic line would be UW by 4.

I think if we score the first 2 times we have the ball, we win by at least 17.

Dude. El C....

I want you to tell me who you think is a great college quarterback right now. Who do you like as a college QB. What is your "ideal"
An ideal guy for running this offense is Baker Mayfield. He's got Falk's accuracy and smarts, but he's FAR better at making quick decisions and improvising on much quicker feet.

Saw it. Sorry you got your feelings hurt because you're wrong.
ALL KAPS KEVIN is really a piece of work. Guy isn't fit to set foot in a UW classroom, but he comes to his archrivals' board, keys in on a thread where the OP, myself and others reluctantly agree that UW deserves to be favored until we prove otherwise, and is on a mission to blow us all up for our alleged disrespect.

The point of my post was clearly that the Huskies deserve to be favorites until proven otherwise, and ALL KAPS KEVIN zooms in on the subtlest perceived slight in a post that would flatter real Huskies, apparently intent on defending their honor. Does this dude think he's a moderator on our board, that he will have final say on all WSU commentary on Husky football?

Kev, the toilets need cleaning! You're a pest - now get lost!

You missed it. Shouldn't you be in class at Tacoma CC?
He was expelled for not making the grade...... For the third Quarter in a row. With classes like Jazz Ballet 100, Pysch 101 and Reading Comp 98, I can see how this could be difficult to get a passing grade.

ADVERTISEMENT