ADVERTISEMENT

Naming rights for Martin Stadium and Beasley Coliseum?

PeteTheChop

Hall Of Fame
May 25, 2005
Dr. Schultz and Mr. Chun have talked a good bit in the past year about naming rights as a potential financial and PR windfall for both athletics and the university as a whole.

Any updates?

How much money could this bring in, enough maybe to cover the cost of the New IPF?

Darigold Field @ Martin Stadium was mentioned here and there, which seems promising.

One positive: Dr. Schultz and his staff are too savvy to get hoodwinked and sign any kinds of deals at less than full value (like what happened with Nike and WSU Football/Basketball).

Dr. Schultz and Mr. Chun have talked a good bit in the past year about naming rights as a potential financial and PR windfall for both athletics and the university as a whole.

Any updates?

How much money could this bring in, enough maybe to cover the cost of the New IPF?

Darigold Field @ Martin Stadium was mentioned here and there, which seems promising.

One positive: Dr. Schultz and his staff are too savvy to get hoodwinked and sign any kinds of deals at less than full value (like what happened with Nike and WSU Football/Basketball).
Darigold is experiencing... business issues. Im guessing dropping a ton of cash for a sponsorship isn't on the table any longer.

Darigold is experiencing... business issues. Im guessing dropping a ton of cash for a sponsorship isn't on the table any longer.
The dairy industry as a whole is having problems lately. Some consumers are turning to soy milk which has reduced milk demands by 3%. Not much but a financial setback all the same. I would not expect any contributions from that sector of the economy anytime soon.

The dairy industry as a whole is having problems lately. Some consumers are turning to soy milk which has reduced milk demands by 3%. Not much but a financial setback all the same. I would not expect any contributions from that sector of the economy anytime soon.

Around 1700 dairy cows froze to death in the Yakima Valley when that blizzard came through in February.

While that may be true, Darigold is having extra special issues.
Taste buds are a terrible thing to waste.
Soy is actually on the downturn now.

Oatmilk is the new soymilk.

Reactions: TZCoug84

Any updates?

BECU? They seem to be aggressively expanding in Eastern Wa. I think they just did something similar with Northern Quest and their concert venue.

Reactions: walzuu
Alex McGregor sits behind me. I'll put the squeeze on him.

"Fertilizer Field at McGregor Stadium"......nice ring to it.

Reactions: BiggsCoug
BECU? They seem to be aggressively expanding in Eastern Wa
That'd be huge.

Strengthening the relationship between Boeing and WSU while also firing a shot across the bow of UW right there in Seattle.

I think one or two of the deep-pocketed CougZone posters from Spokane had mentioned this as a possibility a few months ago.

If I was Alex, and donated for the naming rights....I would change Martin to "Cougar Stadium".

So there would be Husky Stadium and Cougar Stadium.

When I win the lottery, I am going to pony up big bucks and name it Hellcat Field and Cougar Stadium.

If I was Alex, and donated for the naming rights....I would change Martin to "Cougar Stadium".

So there would be Husky Stadium and Cougar Stadium.

Wait What?

Alex McGregor

Alex is Chairman of the Board of Directors for The McGregor Company and also serves as Managing General Partner of McGregor Land & Livestock, a 135 year old eastern Washington family wheat, alfalfa, barley and livestock ranch. Alex earned his bachelor’s degree from Whitman College; his masters & PhD from the University of Washington. His book, Counting Sheep, a history of agriculture in the Inland NW, was chosen as one of the top one hundred “centennial books” written since Washington became a state. Alex taught history at the University of Washington & at Whitman College before joining his family firm

Reactions: Cougzz and metprof
That'd be huge.

Strengthening the relationship between Boeing and WSU while also firing a shot across the bow of UW right there in Seattle.

I think one or two of the deep-pocketed CougZone posters from Spokane had mentioned this as a possibility a few months ago.

BECU did something really cool for Homecoming. It looks like their sticking their toe in the water. Chun needs to get them to dive in.

https://dnews.com/local/art-ag-and-cougar-pride/article_a0690884-ed09-11e9-a330-4f80ba20b9cb.html

That'd be huge.

BECU and Boeing are not one in the same. Two completely different companies. But I can tell you that BECU has the type of funds to make something like that happen. Yes they are wanting to establish a stronghold on that side of the state, however, I highly doubt the Board of Directors will be signing off on something like that anytime soon.

Reactions: Cougzz
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT