ADVERTISEMENT

Naming rights

Do you think it will be a company that we have heard of?

Business support of athletics in the PNW (excluding Nike) has historically been pretty bad compared to other parts of the country so prepare to be underwhelmed.

Maybe Tim Eyeman has some money he needs to launder?

Or maybe something else?

Antifa Fried Chicken?

Business support of athletics in the PNW (excluding Nike) has historically been pretty bad compared to other parts of the country so prepare to be underwhelmed.

Or maybe something else?

Antifa Fried Chicken?

Acropolis Field at The Great Alaskan Bush Company Stadium.

Those are both Northwest companies.

Last edited:
Interesting. Chun said a company that “resides” in The northwest , not headquartered. Could be semantics, but guessing Boeing(Chicago). Aren’t they already Apple Cup sponsors too? Boeing Field at Martin Stadium.........

Interesting. Chun said a company that “resides” in The northwest , not headquartered. Could be semantics, but guessing Boeing(Chicago). Aren’t they already Apple Cup sponsors too? Boeing Field at Martin Stadium.........
Facebook Field? Google Stadium?

More likely BECU, IMO. Or Darigold.

Or maybe something else?

Antifa Fried Chicken?
You are a verrrryyyy bad man.

Does Schweitzer have that kind of scratch?
This was my question. And yes they have that in their sofa cushions. I know they are big donors to the university and I’m sure athletics too but there probably isn’t any return on that investment for a company like Schweitzer. Naming rights money probably really only makes financial sense for business-to-consumer companies.

This was my question. And yes they have that in their sofa cushions. I know they are big donors to the university and I’m sure athletics too but there probably isn’t any return on that investment for a company like Schweitzer. Naming rights money probably really only makes financial sense for business-to-consumer companies.
I don’t think SEL is much of an athletic donor but is a major supporter of the engineering department.

I don’t think SEL is much of an athletic donor but is a major supporter of the engineering department.
Yeah I don’t know for sure. Certainly not in a fanatical Phil Knight, T Boone Pickens sort of way, but I’d be surprised if 7 figures of their donations haven’t made their way to athletics over the years...maybe general university donations that are divided accordingly. I met the family a couple of times in school as I worked for a caterer who did events for them (best college job ever BTW- cash and leftover food for a week) and they are the nicest people and Cougs through and through.

No. You'd cry leftist tears and then move on immed to your next religious jihad issue.

Go woke and you'll go broke.

Don't worry, I'm definitely not a liberal. I'm a very moderate conservative which looks liberal to some people these days. I just think that Mike Lindell is a giant flaming douchebag (and that anyone associated with the tea party and the extreme far right fall under the same description).

Don't worry, I'm definitely not a liberal. I'm a very moderate conservative which looks liberal to some people these days. I just think that Mike Lindell is a giant flaming douchebag (and that anyone associated with the tea party and the extreme far right fall under the same description).
You are not a moderate conservative and neither of us can say that Lindell is a bad person.

Reactions: NMBRCRNCHR
You are not a moderate conservative and neither of us can say that Lindell is a bad person.

Lindell's idiotic attacks on the companies that made voting machines makes him a terrible person. I hope that he loses the $1.3 billion and his overpriced pillow company disappears off the face of the earth. The dude is a used car salesman who used deception to build his brand. He preyed on the elderly with his marketing practices and he's just a total scumbag. It's no wonder that he and Trump get along.

As far as what defines a moderate conservative, I'd argue that anyone who identifies with Trump doesn't have the capability to understand the term. I watched the tea party destroy the Kansas economy from 2012 to 2015 and found out that I no longer fit into the party as it existed in Kansas. The rise of Trump showed me that the majority of the Republican Party no longer cared about real conservative values and was focused on #winning and #triggerlibtards. I don't believe in long term welfare but I do know that short term social programs are very important. I don't want an open border with Mexico but I think that only fools supported the border wall. We need regulated immigration for our country to be successful. I believe in gun rights but I shake my head at the lunacy of the far right gun rights people who have no clue about responsible gun ownership any more.

So, I no longer consider myself a Republican. However, as someone who just got through doing his taxes and not qualifying for the latest stimulus, I certainly don't want to see our country devolve into a welfare state where $5000 checks are sent out on a regular basis. I don't mind doing my part but I don't want to pay more just so others can get away without paying their share. I get frustrated with idiots touting a $15 (or I've even heard $22 per hour) minimum wage. It needs to be raised to $10 or $11 per hour though.

So, while you may think that the world is either Trump lovin' or libtards, the reality is that 150 million Americans think that the 30 million at each fringe are a bunch of loonies.

Lindell's idiotic attacks on the companies that made voting machines makes him a terrible person. I hope that he loses the $1.3 billion and his overpriced pillow company disappears off the face of the earth. The dude is a used car salesman who used deception to build his brand. He preyed on the elderly with his marketing practices and he's just a total scumbag. It's no wonder that he and Trump get along.

As far as what defines a moderate conservative, I'd argue that anyone who identifies with Trump doesn't have the capability to understand the term. I watched the tea party destroy the Kansas economy from 2012 to 2015 and found out that I no longer fit into the party as it existed in Kansas. The rise of Trump showed me that the majority of the Republican Party no longer cared about real conservative values and was focused on #winning and #triggerlibtards. I don't believe in long term welfare but I do know that short term social programs are very important. I don't want an open border with Mexico but I think that only fools supported the border wall. We need regulated immigration for our country to be successful. I believe in gun rights but I shake my head at the lunacy of the far right gun rights people who have no clue about responsible gun ownership any more.

So, I no longer consider myself a Republican. However, as someone who just got through doing his taxes and not qualifying for the latest stimulus, I certainly don't want to see our country devolve into a welfare state where $5000 checks are sent out on a regular basis. I don't mind doing my part but I don't want to pay more just so others can get away without paying their share. I get frustrated with idiots touting a $15 (or I've even heard $22 per hour) minimum wage. It needs to be raised to $10 or $11 per hour though.

So, while you may think that the world is either Trump lovin' or libtards, the reality is that 150 million Americans think that the 30 million at each fringe are a bunch of loonies.
Its funny to me that you have an actual opinion on the border wall since its simply a political football the parties use to further divide the center. I mean, outside of the cost who actually gives a fck if theres a wall there? And there are far bigger boondoggles that our governments flushes money on if the argument is that its ineffective. Then again, I always forget that it seem like a lot of your push against R policy is born out of the rhetoric you constantly hear from you fellow Kansans. I know that 10% Hispanic population that has actually shrunk over the past 10 years must be awful threatening to the hardworking white folk of Kansas... but I digress.

Its funny to me that you have an actual opinion on the border wall since its simply a political football the parties use to further divide the center. I mean, outside of the cost who actually gives a fck if theres a wall there? And there are far bigger boondoggles that our governments flushes money on if the argument is that its ineffective. Then again, I always forget that it seem like a lot of your push against R policy is born out of the rhetoric you constantly hear from you fellow Kansans. I know that 10% Hispanic population that has actually shrunk over the past 10 years must be awful threatening to the hardworking white folk of Kansas... but I digress.

I only comment on the border wall because I feel that it's a waste of billions of dollars. Of course, this past year has shown us that wasting billions of dollars in child's play these days. Outside of the money, I feel that it is harmful to the environment while getting easily defeated by two Mexicans with a rope and a ladder. Hell, a bunch of fat-ass crackers scaled the wall outside the capital building....what's going to stop determined Mexicans from getting in? ;)

I only comment on the border wall because I feel that it's a waste of billions of dollars. Of course, this past year has shown us that wasting billions of dollars in child's play these days. Outside of the money, I feel that it is harmful to the environment while getting easily defeated by two Mexicans with a rope and a ladder. Hell, a bunch of fat-ass crackers scaled the wall outside the capital building....what's going to stop determined Mexicans from getting in? ;)

Yes. Fat ass crackers. Idiots too. As our corrupt corporate lying media stated, it was an "insurrection"... even though not a single weapons was found to have been there. Try not to laugh folks...

I bet you said boo about antifa and other leftists attacking federal and local buildings for months last summer...and also these same clowns setting up an "autonomous zone" in what used to be a nice, peaceful city. There were dozens of deaths during these riots.

Yeah, you're a "moderate" conservative...whatever that word salad means.

Reactions: mikalalas
Yes. Fat ass crackers. Idiots too. As our corrupt corporate lying media stated, it was an "insurrection"... even though not a single weapons was found to have been shown. Try not to laugh folks...

I bet you said boo about antifa and other leftists attacking federal and local buildings for months last summer...and also these same clowns setting up an "autonomous zone" in what used to be a nice, peaceful city. There were dozens of deaths.

Yeah, you're a "moderate" conservative...whatever that word salad means.

If you don't think that what happened at the Capital was terrible, that says a lot about you. Every person that went into that building should be in jail. Whoever killed the cop should be hung on the scaffolding those assholes erected in front of the building. Anyone, antifa or otherwise, wherever they are in the country, should be be punished if they are vandalizing and trespassing in government buildings.

Again, it's easy to try to assume that people are part of the extreme, but most people are disgusted at both ends of the spectrum.

As for the border...President Houseplant is doing a bang up job there, isn't he?

Of course, our garbage corrupt corporate lying media will keep covering up for this administration. It's what they do. Gotta keep labor costs low for the wealthy who must have landscaping and housekeepers keeping their mansions looking nice, right?

PS I'm not a Republican. Most of those

As for the border...President Houseplant is doing a bang up job there, isn't he?

Of course, our garbage corrupt corporate lying media will keep covering up for this administration. It's what they do. Gotta keep labor costs low for the wealthy who must have landscaping and housekeepers keeping their mansions looking nice, right?

PS I'm not a Republican. Most of those

FWIW, Biden (and the democrats) need to figure out that they need to have a clear border policy that discourages illegal immigration.

As for the landscaper comment, I'm a civil engineer and I see the work of construction crews and I'll tell you that anyone who's watched construction work knows that the best employees on those crews are from Mexico and it isn't close. I watched two American workers on a project a few years ago dick around for three weeks on something that two Mexicans would have finished in two days.

If you don't think that what happened at the Capital was terrible, that says a lot about you. Every person that went into that building should be in jail. Whoever killed the cop should be hung on the scaffolding those assholes erected in front of the building. Anyone, antifa or otherwise, wherever they are in the country, should be be punished if they are vandalizing and trespassing in government buildings.

Again, it's easy to try to assume that people are part of the extreme, but most people are disgusted at both ends of the spectrum.
Point 1: Where did I say that I approved of what happened on 6 Jan? I used specific language (ie "insurrection"). Do you think it was an insurrection? Yes or no? Flat, this is a common struggle I've had in conversing with you. You are not paying attention to the words I write.

Point 2: You also made no mention of why you didn't complain about antifa riots last summer (as far as I can recall). Did you? If not, why not? That was far more serious in terms of attacks on our government. Agree or not? Yes or no?

As for the landscaper comment, I'm a civil engineer and I see the work of construction crews and I'll tell you that anyone who's watched construction work knows that the best employees on those crews are from Mexico and it isn't close. I watched two American workers on a project a few years ago dick around for three weeks on something that two Mexicans would have finished in two days.
This is completely beside the point even if I agree with you. This doesn't matter with regard to the immigration issue...which is an issue that the left has no interest in resolving in a reasonable way.

Follow.
The.
Money.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT