ADVERTISEMENT

Naming rights

If you don't think that what happened at the Capital was terrible, that says a lot about you. Every person that went into that building should be in jail. Whoever killed the cop should be hung on the scaffolding those assholes erected in front of the building. Anyone, antifa or otherwise, wherever they are in the country, should be be punished if they are vandalizing and trespassing in government buildings.

Again, it's easy to try to assume that people are part of the extreme, but most people are disgusted at both ends of the spectrum.
You likely don't know this because I think you are a consumer of the corporate globalist lying big media outlets, but that cop was not killed by a fire extinguisher as claimed by the left and the lying media. He didn't even die from any attack on him either.

Point 1: Where did I say that I approved of what happened on 6 Jan? I used specific language (ie "insurrection"). Do you think it was an insurrection? Yes or no? Flat, this is a common struggle I've had in conversing with you. You are not paying attention to the words I write.

Point 2: You also made no mention of why you didn't complain about antifa riots last summer (as far as I can recall). Did you? If not, why not? That was far more serious in terms of attacks on our government. Agree or not? Yes or no?

You made light of January 6 as something that is being overblown by liberals. I think you are wrong. Spin it however you want, but it was a terrible day in American history and it was an attempt by the sitting president and his supporters to throw out the results of an election. That's a freaking insurrection. Talk sh!t about libtards, antifa and all that, but you'd be losing your god damned mind if Obama had tried to figure out a way to stay in office or if Hillary had tried anything resembling the stupid sh!t that went on that day.

I don't remember any conversations about the riots last summer on this board, but my position has always been that arsonists, looters and trespassers into buildings should all be prosecuted. It's not my job to start threads bitching about liberals. It seems that you have that covered. FWIW, there is a huge difference between occupying a building in north Seattle and a mob invading the Capital looking for Pelosi and Pence with the intent to do harm. If you don't believe that harm was intended, all I can say is that your head is either in the sand or someplace else. A$$holes carrying loop ties and erecting a f#cking scaffold in front of the building wasn't being done for fun.

Again, everyone involved with January 6th should be in prison and anyone supporting them is an a$$hole. I stick by that and always will. People like to yell "sheeple!" but the biggest sheep in the world are the idiots that support Donald Trump and believe the propaganda being put out by the right. The mind boggling array of lies that have been puked out into the world over the last 4 years by Trump is staggering and I can't believe the number of nitwits that believe that sh!t.

Reactions: sellas and SDCoug
You made light of January 6 as something that is being overblown by liberals. I think you are wrong. Spin it however you want, but it was a terrible day in American history and it was an attempt by the sitting president and his supporters to throw out the results of an election. That's a freaking insurrection. Talk sh!t about libtards, antifa and all that, but you'd be losing your god damned mind if Obama had tried to figure out a way to stay in office or if Hillary had tried anything resembling the stupid sh!t that went on that day.

I don't remember any conversations about the riots last summer on this board, but my position has always been that arsonists, looters and trespassers into buildings should all be prosecuted. It's not my job to start threads bitching about liberals. It seems that you have that covered. FWIW, there is a huge difference between occupying a building in north Seattle and a mob invading the Capital looking for Pelosi and Pence with the intent to do harm. If you don't believe that harm was intended, all I can say is that your head is either in the sand or someplace else. A$$holes carrying loop ties and erecting a f#cking scaffold in front of the building wasn't being done for fun.

Again, everyone involved with January 6th should be in prison and anyone supporting them is an a$$hole. I stick by that and always will. People like to yell "sheeple!" but the biggest sheep in the world are the idiots that support Donald Trump and believe the propaganda being put out by the right. The mind boggling array of lies that have been puked out into the world over the last 4 years by Trump is staggering and I can't believe the number of nitwits that believe that sh!t.
A rag tag group of unarmed idiots were an "insurrection"? Right. You realize how stupid that sounds? The Dems wanted it as a political prop and you have no clue.

Everyone who was "involved" with Jan 6 should be in prison? Really? There were tens of thousands of people who protested peacefully. You are a totalitarian communist if you believe that dangerous stupidity.

Trump lied, but in your "moderate conservative" world Biden and the Dems tell no lies. Keep selling it. All they do is lie.

Were the riots last summer an insurrection? Yes or no?

Last edited:
I understand. For the record, Flat started the political comment with the "My Pillow" statement.

Oh f#ck off. 702Coug was the one that started it by bringing up the a$$hole from My Pillow. He was just being a troll to stir sh!t up and I said that I wouldn't go in there....mostly in jest.

If you look back, Coug90 made a political joke (referencing the election bullsh!t) about the Cougs always winning by one point, no matter the results on the field....and I liked it because it was funny.

Someone else said that I would give in....and in jest....I said that I'd have to hold out for a bit. Then you come in and act like a f#cking tool about the whole thing.

I'm sorry that your dear leader lost the election and I'm sure that you are still hoping that Q is going to rise from the ashes, but you are the a$$hole here.

Lindell's idiotic attacks on the companies that made voting machines makes him a terrible person. I hope that he loses the $1.3 billion and his overpriced pillow company disappears off the face of the earth. The dude is a used car salesman who used deception to build his brand. He preyed on the elderly with his marketing practices and he's just a total scumbag. It's no wonder that he and Trump get along.

As far as what defines a moderate conservative, I'd argue that anyone who identifies with Trump doesn't have the capability to understand the term. I watched the tea party destroy the Kansas economy from 2012 to 2015 and found out that I no longer fit into the party as it existed in Kansas. The rise of Trump showed me that the majority of the Republican Party no longer cared about real conservative values and was focused on #winning and #triggerlibtards. I don't believe in long term welfare but I do know that short term social programs are very important. I don't want an open border with Mexico but I think that only fools supported the border wall. We need regulated immigration for our country to be successful. I believe in gun rights but I shake my head at the lunacy of the far right gun rights people who have no clue about responsible gun ownership any more.

So, I no longer consider myself a Republican. However, as someone who just got through doing his taxes and not qualifying for the latest stimulus, I certainly don't want to see our country devolve into a welfare state where $5000 checks are sent out on a regular basis. I don't mind doing my part but I don't want to pay more just so others can get away without paying their share. I get frustrated with idiots touting a $15 (or I've even heard $22 per hour) minimum wage. It needs to be raised to $10 or $11 per hour though.

So, while you may think that the world is either Trump lovin' or libtards, the reality is that 150 million Americans think that the 30 million at each fringe are a bunch of loonies.

There is a place for you in the Republican Party. Those things that you said you want, dont want, etc, is semi moderate conservatism.

Here's the rub, Truth, fact, those things you want, dont want will both happen(The things u dont want to happen(Long Term Welfare State, $22 a hour min wage, unsecure border, etc), will happen), and the things you want wont happen).

That will be the case if:

1. Democrats continue to put the most radical candidates out there for President, Senate, house seats, like AOC, OMAR, etc.

2. The american SHEEPLE continue to vote for AOC, OMAR types as president, senate, house.

3. If people like you dont vote for republican, or a Ross Perot, if there is ever a Ross Perot again, or if you vote for the AOC, OMAR type presidential, senate, house seat, candidates, and vote democrat, in order to stick it to the Trumpers.

Look I cant stand the bad things Trump does, even tho he does some good.

But ya know what, in a way I dont care how bad Trump is, in a way as I would vote for Trump over AOC, PELOSI. OMAR, ETC, in order to stop long term welfare, $22 a hour, etc, the RADICAL CRAZY STUFF, in order to prevent the USA from turning into a VENEZUALA, RUSSIA.

Another name for that is holding your nose, and VOTING FOR THE LESSER OF THE TWO EVILS.

And even if you dont think it, Trump is a lesser evil then AOC, OMAR, etc.

That said, since Trump wont be elected again, its a MUTE, MOOT point.

What isnt a mute, moot point, is that you need to stay in the Republican Party, fight Trump, and vote against AOC, OMAR, etc, Democrats, etc.

If you dont

ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES

And if you vote Democrat the CONSEQUENCES will be $22 a hour, etc, just what you dont want.

And thats the Truth, FACT.

A rag tag group of unarmed idiots were an "insurrection"? Right. You realize how stupid that sounds? The Dems wanted it as a political prop and you have no clue.

Everyone who was "involved" with Jan 6 should be in prison? Really? There were tens of thousands of people who protested peacefully. You are a totalitarian communist if you believe that dangerous stupidity.

Trump lied, but in your "moderate conservative" world Biden and the Dems tell no lies. Keep selling it. All they do is lie.

Your right that therecwas some peaceful protestors protesting at the capital, on Jan 6.

But that said, you need to stop defending what the Capital building Rioters did, and need to stop defending Trump's FIERY, INCENDIARY, INCITEFUL, INFLAMATORY, ETC, RHETORIC words to Q Anon, Proud Boys, Confederate flag waving MINORITY PORTION of his base.

At Extreme Ultimate Best, he Trump INCOMPETANTLY said those things, and either didnt know that some Trump followers would react that way, an or didnt care.

His THE ELECTION WAS STOLEN NARRATIVE that people STILL wrongly believe, was FOOLISH, IDIOTIC, IRRESPONSIBLE AT BEST.

That said I would vote for Trump over AOC, OMAR if such a election were to ever come up.

But that said Trump really needs to get the FCK out of the Republican Party, and the party needs to choose a leader like Ben Carson, or Ron De Santos, or Rubio, or Cruz, but not another Trumper.

And Yes Maxine Waters, Antifa, Black Panthers, etc, are just as bad.

But 2 wrongs dont make a right.

So just because what Antifa, etc, did was wrong, that dont make it ok for members of the Republican z
party to riot, storm the capital.

it would be a great stadium....if you want to start politico wars again, go ahead...

seriously.....stop it with the "politico wars". I don't want WSU associated with that dude's money but I wasn't the one who brought him up. FWIW, my dislike of him actually has nothing to do with politics. I've disliked that greaseball since the first time I saw his commercials years ago. Originally, he used to market his pillows as "buy one, get one free" and when you looked it up, it was $50 for that deal or you could actually buy one for $25. He also used to market his pillows saying that they would cure scoliosis and other physical ailments. He's a used car salesman that preys on old people and stupid people that can't do math. He's a fuggin' greaseball and always has been.

His politics is just the cherry on the top of the turd sundae that is Mike Lindell. If people don't like political talk on this board, start with the people that bring up Mike Lindell in the first place. And in all seriousness, if you like Mike Lindell, you are an idiot. Only a fool supports that dude.

Last edited:
seriously.....stop it with the "politico wars". I don't want WSU associated with that dude's money but I wasn't the one who brought him up. FWIW, my dislike of him actually has nothing to do with politics. I've disliked that greaseball since the first time I saw his commercials years ago. Originally, he used to market his pillows as "buy one, get one free" and when you looked it up, it was $50 for that deal or you could actually buy one for $25. He also used to market his pillows saying that they would cure scoliosis and other physical ailments. He's a used car salesman that preys on old people and stupid people that can't do math. He's a fuggin' greaseball and always has been.

His politics is just the cherry on the top of the turd sundae that is Mike Lindell. If people don't like political talk on this board, start with the people that bring up Mike Lindell in the first place. And in all seriousness, if you like Mike Lindell, you are an idiot. Only a fool supports that dude.
just an observation, and you're not the only one, but you seem to spend a lot of emotional energy on people/ things that affect your life not one bit. can't say that I've never been guilty of that, but I can say it sucks when I find myself doing it.

Reactions: acgcoug

Yes...fair is fair. If we dare call people who attempt to overthrow our government at the urging of the Presidents folks, and a little nudge from the President himself, then others need to be called the same.

Just out of fairness, if you burn a building, you deserve to go to jail. You enter the Capitol you deserve to go to jail. Is that fair enough for you?

And what is comical is the line "did they have weapons?" Read about plenty of murders that didn't "require weapons". Personally, I do wish they found Pence....that way we would have known the true intent of just a few old "has beens" trying for a photo op.

just an observation, and you're not the only one, but you seem to spend a lot of emotional energy on people/ things that affect your life not one bit. can't say that I've never been guilty of that, but I can say it sucks when I find myself doing it.

I don't mind expending emotional energy discouraging people from supporting Mike Lindell. The day that everyone acknowledges him for the scumbag that he is (or at least never mentions him again) will be the day that you'll never hear me say anything about him again. I'd never heard of GESA before the announcement but I'm glad that WSU found a partnership that helps GESA gain exposure and yields our university some cash....all while also helping out the CAF. Way better than a partnership with a scumbag from Minnesota.

Reactions: CougEd
Point 1: Where did I say that I approved of what happened on 6 Jan? I used specific language (ie "insurrection"). Do you think it was an insurrection? Yes or no? Flat, this is a common struggle I've had in conversing with you. You are not paying attention to the words I write.

Point 2: You also made no mention of why you didn't complain about antifa riots last summer (as far as I can recall). Did you? If not, why not? That was far more serious in terms of attacks on our government. Agree or not? Yes or no?

They went in with the stated intent of overturning a free and fair election, and then murdering Pelosi and Pence. But yeah, totally not an insurrection. Go back to the kids table.

Reactions: BiggsCoug
They went in with the stated intent of overturning a free and fair election, and then murdering Pelosi and Pence. But yeah, totally not an insurrection. Go back to the kids table.

If it was truly an insurrection, why didn't they succeed? The Capitol Police were totally unprepared.

Reactions: earldacoug
If it was truly an insurrection, why didn't they succeed? The Capitol Police were totally unprepared.

It's politically convenient to call the Jan 6 riot an insurrection. Hailing from Seattle, I know a thing or two about riots. Pretty tame by riot standards too.

It's politically convenient to call the Jan 6 riot an insurrection. Hailing from Seattle, I know a thing or two about riots. Pretty tame by riot standards too.
A riot is disorder/violence, usually at least initiated under a common purpose but often devolving into general chaos. An insurrection is a riot intended to disrupt or destroy the function of government. Jan. 6 did that, at least briefly. If I'm the federal prosecutor, I charge every single person who can be identified inside the building with the full boat - insurrection, obstruction, trespassing, disobeying lawful orders, disorderly conduct, and anything else I can think of that remotely fits. Very few will result in convictions, but I'm going to charge them and inconvenience them with appearing in federal court just to very clearly send the message: that activity is not OK, and will not be ignored.

I do not take people seriously who clearly support treason against the United States of America.

So, you don't have a serious answer.

BTW, you're projecting and assuming a lot in that one sentence. May I assume that you vehemently opposed CHAS/CHOP and called on Inslee to send in the National Guard?

So, you don't have a serious answer.

BTW, you're projecting and assuming a lot in that one sentence. May I assume that you vehemently opposed CHAS/CHOP and called on Inslee to send in the National Guard?

Nice false equivalence. You really are telling on yourself here. I am enjoying it. Nice to know who the traitors are.

Nice false equivalence. You really are telling on yourself here. I am enjoying it. Nice to know who the traitors are.

You still don't have an answer, and you are still assuming and projecting.

Your claim of false equivalence is an attempt to mask your selective moral outrage based on political affiliation. You may find believing in principles over identity is the better way to go.

So if a hoard of people showed up on your doorstep and started beating the shit out of police protecting your home, spraying bear spray and fire extinguishers everywhere, breaking windows, destroying and stealing stuff, sifting through personal documents, forcing you to duck into your panic room...you’d blame the police?...or whataboutism some people that broke some stuff or occupied some other city block 6 months ago?...would you care what it was “labeled”? Anyone who can’t call these people what they are, look in the mirror cuz you are one of them. You just didn’t make the trip.

So if a hoard of people showed up on your doorstep and started beating the shit out of police protecting your home, spraying bear spray and fire extinguishers everywhere, breaking windows, destroying and stealing stuff, sifting through personal documents, forcing you to duck into your panic room...you’d blame the police?...or whataboutism some people that broke some stuff or occupied some other city block 6 months ago?...would you care what it was “labeled”? Anyone who can’t call these people what they are, look in the mirror cuz you are one of them. You just didn’t make the trip.

Who is saying any of that? Seriously. Find it and quote it. Otherwise, return to reality and act like an adult.

If it was truly an insurrection, why is the Capitol still standing instead of being heap of ashes? You're confusing a mob of idiots taking selfies, sitting in Pelosi's chair and stealing her podium with an insurrection.

Who is saying any of that? Seriously. Find it and quote it. Otherwise, return to reality and act like an adult.

If it was truly an insurrection, why is the Capitol still standing instead of being heap of ashes? You're confusing a mob of idiots taking selfies, sitting in Pelosi's chair and stealing her podium with an insurrection.
So you were the one who said the police were “unprepared” I believe. Sure sounds like blaming the police to me. Others did the classic pivot to Antifa. I wasn’t responding directly to you but since you asked. Also you’re conveniently leaving out the fact that they brought weapons, assaulted people, some now with permanent injuries, communicated with each other looking for specific individuals to harm or detain for the sole purpose of disrupting and stopping the process at hand. Again with the labels. Mob of idiots sells this act quite short. I don’t care what you call it but if you’re minimizing it as a Mob of idiots taking selfie’s, then you certainly looked on approvingly...so again congrats, you are one of them.

Reactions: wazzucougs96

They killed 5 people, including a police officer. Shocking that someone who supports treason conveniently ignores that part.

While I agree that the term "insurrection" is a strong word for what happened on January 6th, what is the proper term to describe a group of people breaking into the building that houses our country's leadership with the intent to intimidate them into throwing out the results of the election? Ignoring of course the fact that at least a few of the participants appear to have been planning to go beyond intimidation and straight to physically assaulting them.

Still, ignoring that, what would you say is the word that summarizes the events of that day?

Reactions: mikalalas
For starters, because it's mostly brick, marble, and sandstone, which are hard to burn. Second, insurrection doesn't target the building, it targets the institution within the building. Damage to the building is incidental.

Why did it fail? Well, frankly...it didn't. They wanted to stop counting of the electoral votes. They stopped it. They made both houses of Congress stop what they were doing and run for cover. Mission accomplished. I doubt there were more than a handful who really believed they were going to change the election result. The ones who did were probably also the ones who talked about executing Pelosi & Pence, and they decided it wasn't worth it when they got to barricaded doors guarded by people with guns.

I'd bet that the majority of those who ended up inside the building didn't really have a plan, they were just there to listen to DT and then raise some hell outside the Capitol. But when they rushed the building and disrupted government, it became insurrection, whether planned or not.

And you'll not convince me that they found Pelosi's office accidentally. They went there looking for her, and not to shake her hand. The idiot pictured sitting in her chair went on national TV and announced that he was looking for her and showed the mail he stole off her desk. His prosecution should go pretty quickly.

As for the comparison with the Portland/Seattle/etc. protests/riots/mobs - there is a key difference. At the capitol, the did it in mid-day, during a publicly known government process, with the intent of disrupting that process. The PDX/SEA issues were at night when there was nothing going on, and they didn't rush the buildings. They broke some windows and generally caused mayhem, but they didn't target government process. Still doesn't excuse breaking windows, setting fires, and using the protests as a cover for massive looting, but without that disruption of government - it's not insurrection.

So you were the one who said the police were “unprepared” I believe. Sure sounds like blaming the police to me. Others did the classic pivot to Antifa. I wasn’t responding directly to you but since you asked. Also you’re conveniently leaving out the fact that they brought weapons, assaulted people, some now with permanent injuries, communicated with each other looking for specific individuals to harm or detain for the sole purpose of disrupting and stopping the process at hand. Again with the labels. Mob of idiots sells this act quite short. I don’t care what you call it but if you’re minimizing it as a Mob of idiots taking selfie’s, then you certainly looked on approvingly...so again congrats, you are one of them.

Do you doubt that the police were unprepared? You're assuming that means more than the police being unprepared.

What stopped the mob that breached the Capitol from burning it down? The only thing I see is that they didn’t want to, because there was nothing to stop them. That happens to be why anyone with a functioning brain can tell Antifa wasn’t involved. Antifa would have succeeded.

They killed 5 people, including a police officer. Shocking that someone who supports treason conveniently ignores that part.

So, the insurrectionists killed their own. That seems like a highly problematic way to conduct an insurrection. Do you have an answer to why the insurrectionists did not succeed? They didn’t kill all of themselves off. Hopefully you realize how bent your “logic” is here. That’s what happens when you place ideology above all.

I’m not ignoring anything. Again, you’re projecting and assuming.

While I agree that the term "insurrection" is a strong word for what happened on January 6th, what is the proper term to describe a group of people breaking into the building that houses our country's leadership with the intent to intimidate them into throwing out the results of the election? Ignoring of course the fact that at least a few of the participants appear to have been planning to go beyond intimidation and straight to physically assaulting them.

Still, ignoring that, what would you say is the word that summarizes the events of that day?

If you’re looking for one word: stupid.

For starters, because it's mostly brick, marble, and sandstone, which are hard to burn. Second, insurrection doesn't target the building, it targets the institution within the building. Damage to the building is incidental.

Why did it fail? Well, frankly...it didn't. They wanted to stop counting of the electoral votes. They stopped it. They made both houses of Congress stop what they were doing and run for cover. Mission accomplished. I doubt there were more than a handful who really believed they were going to change the election result. The ones who did were probably also the ones who talked about executing Pelosi & Pence, and they decided it wasn't worth it when they got to barricaded doors guarded by people with guns.

I'd bet that the majority of those who ended up inside the building didn't really have a plan, they were just there to listen to DT and then raise some hell outside the Capitol. But when they rushed the building and disrupted government, it became insurrection, whether planned or not.

And you'll not convince me that they found Pelosi's office accidentally. They went there looking for her, and not to shake her hand. The idiot pictured sitting in her chair went on national TV and announced that he was looking for her and showed the mail he stole off her desk. His prosecution should go pretty quickly.

As for the comparison with the Portland/Seattle/etc. protests/riots/mobs - there is a key difference. At the capitol, the did it in mid-day, during a publicly known government process, with the intent of disrupting that process. The PDX/SEA issues were at night when there was nothing going on, and they didn't rush the buildings. They broke some windows and generally caused mayhem, but they didn't target government process. Still doesn't excuse breaking windows, setting fires, and using the protests as a cover for massive looting, but without that disruption of government - it's not insurrection.

So, CHAS/CHOP only existed at night? That’s, shall we say, factually incorrect. Declaring an autonomous zone within a jurisdiction is an insurrection. Saying otherwise is, shall we say, intellectually dishonest.

The paper, office furniture, paintings, paint, Sheetrock, computers, carpet and lots of other stuff would have burned just fine. Pelosi’s office (as of January 6 anyway) was not hard to find. Because she’s the speaker, it was one of the few located in the Capitol building.

So, CHAS/CHOP only existed at night? That’s, shall we say, factually incorrect. Declaring an autonomous zone within a jurisdiction is an insurrection. Saying otherwise is, shall we say, intellectually dishonest.

The paper, office furniture, paintings, paint, Sheetrock, computers, carpet and lots of other stuff would have burned just fine. Pelosi’s office (as of January 6 anyway) was not hard to find. Because she’s the speaker, it was one of the few located in the Capitol building.
Some argument could be made that the establishment of CHAS/CHOP qualified as insurrection. But they didn’t try to stop government function or overthrow it, they created an area where they said it didn’t apply. Fuzzy line, but really more of a secession than an insurrection. Driving the police out of the precinct may cross that line, but it’s hard to say, not knowing for sure whether they were forced out or told to surrender.

Either way, it was the wrong call - SPD should not have given the ground.

I'm not sure why you are so focused on burning as the definition of anything. I don't think anyone thinks that there was intent to burn the building down (except for the a-hole that planted bombs). Anyone with a shred of intellectual integrity knows that there were bad actors in the crowd with terrible intentions and hopes and anyone who has observed mob behavior knows that people will do terribly stupid things when they are part of a mob.

I'm not sure why you are so focused on burning as the definition of anything. I don't think anyone thinks that there was intent to burn the building down (except for the a-hole that planted bombs). Anyone with a shred of intellectual integrity knows that there were bad actors in the crowd with terrible intentions and hopes and anyone who has observed mob behavior knows that people will do terribly stupid things when they are part of a mob.

Speaking of intellectual integrity, do you know where the pipe bombs were found?

For the reading impaired, it would have been quite easy to damage the Capitol, which is the seat of the federal government, with a cigarette lighter on January 6. Yet those a-hole insurrectionists with bad intentions couldn’t pull that off.

ADVERTISEMENT