ADVERTISEMENT

Nathan Pritchard...

froropmkr72

Hall Of Fame
Gold Member
Jan 5, 2004
Wow!!! What a great recruit. 24 more like this Mr. Dickert and there's great things coming.

Yep, he looks like he will be the Cougars starting right tackle in a few years. Welcome to WSU Nathan Pritchard.

He may get 4 stars. Really really nice player. I’d try him at DT first, then LT. He runs really well.

He may get 4 stars. Really really nice player. I’d try him at DT first, then LT. He runs really well.
We will see if he wants to be a coug during the early signing period in December . But they are recruiting every single day .

Reactions: 79COUG
I guess I would go so far as to say "a key". I might buy "the key" if we sweep the state and embarrass UW. I'm really happy if we get to the point that we have 4 (5 would be amazing) in state kids on scholarship in their class every year when entering their 3rd year. That means we evaluated reasonably well, signed mostly kids that made it, and probably got 35-40% of the qualified in state HS kids available in that particular year.

That is still a minority of the recruiting class, but it is good for a variety of reasons to be relevant in recruiting your home state.

Been in commission sales for 34 years. Not once have I been paid for a sale before the ink was dry.
Same goes for these so-called "commits".
Somewhat jaded? Yes. But I'll believe it when his letter comes in.

Been in commission sales for 34 years. Not once have I been paid for a sale before the ink was dry.

Years ago Wulff got a TE verbal. Im watching the kids film thinking to myself “how is he a 3 star kid and why does he have so few offers?” Miami thought the same thing and poached him. How does Miami find a TE in California that late in the recruiting cycle? All the talent in their backyard and they’re sending assets to CA? lol No way.

Dont think schools arent trolling everyone’s verbal lists on these websites. They’re looking to see who they can poach. Now, with NIL $$$ in play, don’t be surprised to see schools make a late run at kids with deals in hand. You could see bidding wars. Parents could tell coaches to have their best and final by XYZ date.

The verbal list is fluid. You have to recruit everyone all the time. You never know who will move in and out of their commitment. In fact, there may be value in meeting every 3 and 4 star kid you can. Build some kind of relationship with them. They could be in the portal one day and being able to rekindle a relationship is better than starting from scratch.

You got that right. Verbals mean nothing. Until you have it in writing, it means nothing.

I'm a 1099 guy, too. So many folks in society, "white lie", as a way out with dignity. Would be "a perfect world" if people were loyal and honest to their word, or were 100% truthful and transparent. Unfortunately, that's not the norm.

If it's not in writing, it means nothing. Fun to hope, dream and get excited, though!

Last edited:
Reactions: 79COUG
Years ago Wulff got a TE verbal. Im watching the kids film thinking to myself “how is he a 3 star kid and why does he have so few offers?” Miami thought the same thing and poached him. How does Miami find a TE in California that late in the recruiting cycle? All the talent in their backyard and they’re sending assets to CA? lol No way.

Dont think schools arent trolling everyone’s verbal lists on these websites. They’re looking to see who they can poach. Now, with NIL $$$ in play, don’t be surprised to see schools make a late run at kids with deals in hand. You could see bidding wars. Parents could tell coaches to have their best and final by XYZ date.

The verbal list is fluid. You have to recruit everyone all the time. You never know who will move in and out of their commitment. In fact, there may be value in meeting every 3 and 4 star kid you can. Build some kind of relationship with them. They could be in the portal one day and being able to rekindle a relationship is better than starting from scratch.
I think you are talking about Asante Cleveland. I remembered that, and was curious so looked up how he did at Miami. He started 8 games his senior year. Only 3 catches.. Maybe he was a better blocker. Despite seemingly pretty mediocre college career, he did get ever so brief cup of tea in NFL, played sparingly in 14 regular season games Over 3 seasons.

I think you are talking about Asante Cleveland. I remembered that, and was curious so looked up how he did at Miami. He started 8 games his senior year. Only 3 catches.. Maybe he was a better blocker. Despite seemingly pretty mediocre college career, he did get ever so brief cup of tea in NFL, played sparingly in 14 regular season games Over 3 seasons.

Miami has had a rough go by their standards the past decade+. They cant figure it out down there.

He should have gone to WSU.

Reactions: cr8zyncalif
You got that right. Verbals mean nothing. Until you have it in writing, it means nothing.

I'm a 1099 guy, too. So many folks in society, "white lie", as a way out with dignity. Would be "a perfect world" if people were loyal and honest to their word, or were 100% truthful and transparent. Unfortunately, that's not the norm.

If it's not in writing, it means nothing. Fun to hope, dream and get excited, though!
In the NLI/transfer era even if it's in writing, it means nothing.

Have to agree with all you said, but the only thing worse than having verbals who might back out is not having any verbals at all. The verbal is an indication of the early relationship. Relationships are what makes it all work. Sure, enough cash can disrupt some of those relationships, but without the relationships you have nothing as a recruiter. So I'll take the verbals and publicity, and ask for more.

Reactions: froropmkr72
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT