ADVERTISEMENT

New allegation against Jason Gesser (This is the ONLY thread to discuss)

I very rarely post there myself but my wife got parking passes from someone on there

There won't be a criminal investigation based on what's come out so far, because nobody is said to have broken any laws.

The university will make their own efforts to confirm what's been reported. They'll document any ways it appears he's abused his position or behaved inappropriately as a representative of WSU.

But it doesn't matter anymore. In his position, you have to be pretty much uniformly trustworthy. People have to like you. I'm positive there are people out there who have checkbooks and who have already decided he's a no good lecherous d-bag who they don't want near their wives or daughters, and they're not writing checks to WSU while he's there. That undermines his effectiveness as a fundraiser and prevents him from doing his job...so he's done. It's just a matter of time.

Wait - Flat - Gesser was making passes at your wife in the parking lot? :eek:

Yes - he is done. WSU doesn't have to prove anything. As I outlined further up in the thread, they can simply give him his notice (90 days or perhaps until June 30 if he had a contract, which is doubtful as he was not a coach or high ranking administrator). They may have already done so.

Reactions: Flatlandcoug
There won't be a criminal investigation based on what's come out so far, because nobody is said to have broken any laws.

The statute of limitations has likely run out but her statements indicate criminal act(s) may have occurred. Assault in Washington State is unwanted touching with criminal intent. If he continued to touch her after she said "no", that easily meets the definition of assault. Sexual motivation is an aggravating circumstance in Washington State as well. Per the Spokesman news report, "he continued to attempt to kiss her and pushed his hands under her dress." Did he touch a sensitive area when he did this (if it happened)?

If the statements in the news turn out to be true, then gross misdemeanor assault was committed. There is even felony potential depending on her sworn statement. This case will be fully investigated by a law enforcement agency if she makes such a request.

It's sad that regardless of the specifics of the circumstances, Jason has thrown away a career that most of us would only dream about. Getting paid $84k per year to go to parties so people can tell him how awesome he was. I wish it didn't end this way even though it's the best for everyone. By leaving now, he and his family can try to start healing and WSU can move on. Hope he can salvage his marriage and find a good way forward. Ironically, Ryan Leaf may be the best person for him to talk to about how to get past this.

One thing that is common in all these events is alcohol. sober, Jason appears to be a decent human being. The aggressive creep comes out once he’s drinking. He needs to enter rehab and start rehabilitating his reputation.

Well glad we can all move on now. Hope he gets a job somewhere doing something so he can support himself/family.

This is the last I'll say about this subject (unless of course it gets worse, but I suspect that being a drunken cad is about the worst of it. Then again...):

JT and/ or any others who knew about this or even heard suspicions of it should have taken him aside and read him the riot act. I get the feeling from JT's earlier comments that the attitude was "circle the wagons and hope it goes away". Again, we have men who are supposed to be leaders of men failing horribly at that job. Parents send their kids away with the hope that they'll become better men/ human beings, not to learn that celebrity will allow you to grope co-eds with impunity.

That being said, contrary to Wold's assertion I don't think the world needed to be saved from the scourge that is Jason Gesser. I do believe he needed this whole fiasco though to serve as a wake up call and get his life straight.

The statute of limitations has likely run out but her statements indicate criminal act(s) may have occurred. Assault in Washington State is unwanted touching with criminal intent. If he continued to touch her after she said "no", that easily meets the definition of assault. Sexual motivation is an aggravating circumstance in Washington State as well. Per the Spokesman news report, "he continued to attempt to kiss her and pushed his hands under her dress." Did he touch a sensitive area when he did this (if it happened)?

If the statements in the news turn out to be true, then gross misdemeanor assault was committed. There is even felony potential depending on her sworn statement. This case will be fully investigated by a law enforcement agency if she makes such a request.
Assault - even 4th degree - would be a stretch. The other element to the definition is that it must be done in a manner to cause harm. Good luck proving either element of that one. But, it doesn't matter, because no gross misdemeanor can be prosecuted more than it occurs.

Indecent liberties has a 10-year statute of limitations, and I think would be an easier argument to make than assault. It's a class B felony, unless it's by forcible compulsion...then it's class A. Not that I think a prosecutor is even going to consider taking it on. No evidence, no witnesses...not a strong case.

Assault - even 4th degree - would be a stretch. The other element to the definition is that it must be done in a manner to cause harm. Good luck proving either element of that one. But, it doesn't matter, because no gross misdemeanor can be prosecuted more than it occurs.

Indecent liberties has a 10-year statute of limitations, and I think would be an easier argument to make than assault. It's a class B felony, unless it's by forcible compulsion...then it's class A. Not that I think a prosecutor is even going to consider taking it on. No evidence, no witnesses...not a strong case.

I totally agree it's not a strong case so charges are unlikely.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT