ADVERTISEMENT

New bat signal

Recruiting starts when there’s a verbal.

At this point you might as well recruit everyone you like. They can decommit or wind up in the portal a week after they show up on campus. Having a relationship with them prior to them entering the portal helps.

We’ll get another crack at him in the portal next year.
Those were my thoughts exactly, the QB position especially enters the portal at a higher level than any other position.

Trying to decipher the etown secret circle code. Are you saying Hills wouldn't be a good pick up or maybe I am way off and you are telling us to be sure to drink our Ovaltine!
It's not Hills. Someone much better who plays on the other side of the ball, is class of 2022, and hasn't gotten much press connected with us.

Reactions: TrumpCoug
Those were my thoughts exactly, the QB position especially enters the portal at a higher level than any other position.
I was sorta joking but then kinda not really. Pretty wild with every recruiting battle lost you could legitimately have that guy transferring to your school down the road. Weird times.

I was sorta joking but then kinda not really. Pretty wild with every recruiting battle lost you could legitimately have that guy transferring to your school down the road. Weird times.
I read an article, I think in The Athletic, regarding that a lot of coaching staffs do not mind finishing in second place for a recruit now. They believe they will be in the driver's seat if/when the player decides to transfer, which happens more and more.

I read an article, I think in The Athletic, regarding that a lot of coaching staffs do not mind finishing in second place for a recruit now. They believe they will be in the driver's seat if/when the player decides to transfer, which happens more and more.
So The Athletic is now recycling Paul Sorensen content from 2010?

Reactions: 425cougfan
So The Athletic is now recycling Paul Sorensen content from 2010?
Student athlete really didn't transfer much back in 2010. So, if he wrote that, it really didn't mean much. Today, with the portal, it means so much more.

Reactions: froropmkr72
Student athlete really didn't transfer much back in 2010. So, if he wrote that, it really didn't mean much. Today, with the portal, it means so much more.
Pretty certain that was just a knock on Sorenson for BS "all is well" pieces during the 9-40 era. Makes sense in today's era that being a runner-up in a recruiting battle is more meaningful than it used to be.

Reactions: Coug1990
Pretty certain that was just a knock on Sorenson for BS "all is well" pieces during the 9-40 era. Makes sense in today's era that being a runner-up in a recruiting battle is more meaningful than it used to be.
Damn right it does! Means you’re in pole position once that kid hits the portal!

Damn right it does! Means you’re in pole position once that kid hits the portal!
Sorensen would then spin that "having your hat on the table" is good enough for an extension even with 9-40, because WSU fans are too cheap to buy enough long snappers for Jim Walden's hand picked coach.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT