ADVERTISEMENT

New commit

Believe he originally was going to UCLA. Just guessing but I suspect academics, rather than (just) talent level, may be why we're talking about ODU and Incarnate Word in this case. Even so, recruiting profile from when he committed to ODU had his only other offers from Incarnate Word, Houston Baptist, and New Mexico, and he appears to have had an OV to Boise State but no offer. (Insert Boise State academics joke here.) May have had qualification issues.

When the Coug Football Twitter account doesn’t acknowledge the “commitment” that means they aren’t a scholarship player.

Rolo/Dickert is, are improving their recruiting, in recruiting, getting 3,4 stars, instead of 2.5 stars, like before

Failed to meet UCLA's relaxed athlete academic requirements. Only schools tougher to qualify for are Stanford and Cal (though in theory Cal should be the same, it does not seem to work out that way in practice). This guy is a legit CB candidate. I am not clear if he is 2 to play 2 or 3 to play 2, but given the covid rules I suspect it is 3 to play 2. Anybody know for sure?

Failed to meet UCLA's relaxed athlete academic requirements. Only schools tougher to qualify for are Stanford and Cal (though in theory Cal should be the same, it does not seem to work out that way in practice). This guy is a legit CB candidate. I am not clear if he is 2 to play 2 or 3 to play 2, but given the covid rules I suspect it is 3 to play 2. Anybody know for sure?
On this note, I believe we've seen at least a couple occasions where it wasn't that the athlete had terrible grades or test scores, necessarily, but the UC school (or Stanford) had requirements for particular coursework. Last recall this being the case with Leniu / Cal. He didn't work out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT