ADVERTISEMENT

New D line commit

Good get, but yes, he's an offensive lineman. Probably should edit that before people start having panic attacks.

Reactions: earldacoug
In spite of all that has happened this week, life still moves on. It looks like the Cougs picked up a new commit from the JC ranks. Originally committed to Iowa St, then went the JC route, has 3 to play 3

http://www.hudl.com/profile/4058510/Keenan-Forbes

Yep. Already reported (correctly), analyzed and discussed on the Premium board. But thanks anyway.

In other not-so breaking news, man lands on moon. :p

I am usually not a great fan of JC OLs as it takes time to adjust to playing with the others on the line with the result that any benefit to the team often does not occur until his second, senior, year. That said, this kid has 3 to play 3 so his year of adjustment still leaves him with two to contribute. I know the highlight tapes only show the best light but I like his fairly agile feet and his motor. An intriguing prospect. We only took two OL last year so his addition makes sense in filling out that class of OLs.

3 to play 3 kids are not a sure thing, but they have time to develop in the weight room, learn the speed of the game, figure out the schemes and their responsibilities, etc. If he has the athletic tools and the right work ethic he will find a place on the field.

I am usually not a great fan of JC OLs as it takes time to adjust to playing with the others on the line with the result that any benefit to the team often does not occur until his second, senior, year. That said, this kid has 3 to play 3 so his year of adjustment still leaves him with two to contribute. I know the highlight tapes only show the best light but I like his fairly agile feet and his motor. An intriguing prospect. We only took two OL last year so his addition makes sense in filling out that class of OLs.

Cougs signed 4 OL last year. Kuzmack, Nathaniel, Valencia, Lucas.

3 to play 3 kids are not a sure thing, but they have time to develop in the weight room, learn the speed of the game, figure out the schemes and their responsibilities, etc. If he has the athletic tools and the right work ethic he will find a place on the field.
Looks pretty athletic from his hudl. Getting him in now doesn't hurt either.

I guess he should check in with you to get permission to post information?

Jeez. Especially when the guy announced his commitment yesterday evening. Not like the OP thought he was breaking news on something that happened a week ago.

Anytime you recruit the JC ranks, you're hoping that at minimum they're going to come in and crack the 2-deep immediately. This kid may or not be a star, but he's got great size and received offers from some solid programs. I trust Leach's judgment here.

The guy really has really quick feet and a burst off the line. It looks like he has a mean streak, and a little work in the weight room and the cougs may have found a gem

The guy really has really quick feet and a burst off the line. It looks like he has a mean streak, and a little work in the weight room and the cougs may have found a gem
Reportedly has long arms as well at somewhere between 6-3 to 6-4. Some of the teams that offered him coming out of high school have olinemen highly ranked for the draft. Colorado State, Temple, Cincinnati, USF and Toledo produce good linemen and it's pretty apparent they can evaluate.

Cougs signed 4 OL last year. Kuzmack, Nathaniel, Valencia, Lucas.
You caught me. I thought about that after posting. Three high schoolers and one JC kid. The exit of Nathaniel left only two HS kids on the roster and that is what I was clumsily trying to point out. Fab5 1, Kayak 0 on this round.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT