ADVERTISEMENT

New OC suspense

CougPatrol

Hall Of Fame
Dec 8, 2006
The pending offensive coordinator decision is so critical to ours, and Dickert's future. I wish I knew who the top-3 candidates were so I could chime in. :)

I hope Dickert signs an offensive coordinator who knows how to scheme to this approach. He can have air raid principles, but he should also possess the aptitude to gameplan. That's where, IMO, Leach fell short. He trotted his offense out there the same way vs. Eastern WA as he did vs. UW and their all-NFL secondary.

I look at our schedule next season and see games vs. Colorado State, Northern Colorado, Stanford, Cal, Colorado, Arizona, Oregon State, UCLA, Arizona State. Cam Ward isn't a perfect product yet, but a good offensive coordinator should be able to scheme against those 9 defenses.

Is Cam Ward supposed to play better with a new OC? The OC he had knew his skill set better than anyone and he played like crap.

GET EM OUTTA 'ERE

Is Cam Ward supposed to play better with a new OC? The OC he had knew his skill set better than anyone and he played like crap.

GET EM OUTTA 'ERE
I think he could be a lot more effective with a better scheme, and of course a better OL. We've got several good RBs and Ward is shifty. Dude could pick up 8 yards/scramble.

Harsin followed our new strength coach and Dickert yesterday, but I would highly doubt he'd want to be just an OC under such a green HC.

DICKERT would be a fool not to take along look at Kirby Moore. OC at Fresno...coached w Deboer and Grubb...good recruiter...just got burned by all 3 coaches leaving Pullman for "home." Moore is from Prosser. He would be home.

Better give Ward some better wrs...and a wr coach who can teach them how to run routes.
Three deficiencies really stood out to me over the course of the season.

First, the OL play was steaming poo.
Second, and maybe because I'm thinking the "Coug Raid" was the second coming of Leach, was the lack of mesh concepts. Leach ate teams alive with mesh.
Third, the scramble drill really needed to get figured out, and never did, especially in light of the OL woes.

Three deficiencies really stood out to me over the course of the season.

First, the OL play was steaming poo.
Second, and maybe because I'm thinking the "Coug Raid" was the second coming of Leach, was the lack of mesh concepts. Leach ate teams alive with mesh.
Third, the scramble drill really needed to get figured out, and never did, especially in light of the OL woes.
Agree with all 3, Gib. My thoughts almost exactly.

A power spread that involves TEs and continued physicality with a run game. It's clear Dickert will continue to use slot wide outs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT