ADVERTISEMENT

New Turd in town

BiggsCoug

Hall Of Fame
Feb 5, 2003
JDL cant play. Hasnt been coached a lick. He is street ball basketball. He is d2 right now. Maybe a diff position altogether.

42 defense is a crap scheme. DL is gonna get steam rolled all year. No size, no speed. Theyre done. Did anyone else see how much field is open weakside? One reach block on a small DE and it is a house call. Pass rush??? Bueler? Bueler?

Changing qbs? Good grief. Might as well run the bone cause there are no qbs on the roster. Tell me more about a top ten passer from UTerrible. Did he not see any film? Does he not know who played QB here? Grip it and rip it! We throw the damn ball here! Sack in the endzone? Come on.

WSU has pissed away Borghi’s talent. The kid is a 1,000+ yard back in league play, no non con games needed. Leach and Rolo have cost him NFL dollars. What a crime it is to have a kid so damn talented and not feed him the ball 20+ times per game. I have never seen talent like his wasted.

4 vet OL and Borghi. Run the ball. Break in a new qb with easy throws and bell cow back. Instead, jailbreak offense.

Not impressed with wide receiver play at all. Drop off in talent. Where was Harris??? He is another kid with NFL written all over him. Nowhere to be found.

I caught hell when I said Sterk sucks, fire him.

I caught hell when I said Wulff sucks, fire him.

I caught hell when I said Leach sucks, he barely beat La Tech tonight. Miss State will fire him if he keeps doing that bullshiit.

I caught hell when I said Chun sucks. Guess what? He does.

I caught hell again when I said fire Rolo and his mickey mouse bullshiit.

Open your eyes and believe what you see!!!

Were the kids well coached? No.

Are the schemes a good fit for WSU? Defense no. Offense is so poorly coached who knows?

Were the kids fit and strong? Nope. Got pushed around. Wait until league play…

Was there ultimate effort? No.

Were they all day tough? No.

Flush the turd and move on. Chun should have announced his firing at media days. Now what?

WSU has been around for 100 years. You telling me they don’t have the money? Bullshit. Take a loan if you have to!

And before some dipshit poster chimes in about donors… who in their right mind would write a big check to this ship of fools? WSU has proven for decades they don’t wanna do what it takes to win at football. It is the bare minimum. Attitude reflects leadership. Want big checks? Show those with big money you are serious. The last thing wealthy donors will do is watch their money get pissed away by dipshits.

The only silver lining tonight was Montana winning.

Holy tap dancing Moses! Have you not seen enough shit football and good football to know what you’re looking at???

I had major concerns when the 2 deeps were announced, 8 walkons or former walkons. Then throw in one of the worst coaching performances we’ve seen in years and this is what you end up with.

Getting the vaccine is simply a numbers game, decreases your odds of getting Covid, and all but eliminates you ending up in ICU if you did get it. It’s not some government conspiracy to take away your rights. It is simple math and playing the odds. If someone can’t comprehend odds, they are going to have trouble with the X and O’s of a football game.

I said the only thing that would save Rolo’s from his anti vaccine stance would be a great year. Well you just lost to the second easiest team on your schedule. So great year is out the window, the ceiling just went to 3 wins, and I am not sure where those will come from. They need to run the ball more , and play better pass defense, if they hope to have any success at all.

I never thought I’d say this, but a Mandate from the Governor might actually save the program from any more embarrassment.

JDL cant play. Hasnt been coached a lick. He is street ball basketball. He is d2 right now. Maybe a diff position altogether.

42 defense is a crap scheme. DL is gonna get steam rolled all year. No size, no speed. Theyre done. Did anyone else see how much field is open weakside? One reach block on a small DE and it is a house call. Pass rush??? Bueler? Bueler?

Changing qbs? Good grief. Might as well run the bone cause there are no qbs on the roster. Tell me more about a top ten passer from UTerrible. Did he not see any film? Does he not know who played QB here? Grip it and rip it! We throw the damn ball here! Sack in the endzone? Come on.

WSU has pissed away Borghi’s talent. The kid is a 1,000+ yard back in league play, no non con games needed. Leach and Rolo have cost him NFL dollars. What a crime it is to have a kid so damn talented and not feed him the ball 20+ times per game. I have never seen talent like his wasted.

4 vet OL and Borghi. Run the ball. Break in a new qb with easy throws and bell cow back. Instead, jailbreak offense.

Not impressed with wide receiver play at all. Drop off in talent. Where was Harris??? He is another kid with NFL written all over him. Nowhere to be found.

I caught hell when I said Leach sucks, he barely beat La Tech tonight. Miss State will fire him if he keeps doing that bullshiit.

Are the schemes a good fit for WSU? Defense no. Offense is so poorly coached who knows?

Flush the turd and move on. Chun should have announced his firing at media days. Now what?

WSU has been around for 100 years. You telling me they don’t have the money? Bullshit. Take a loan if you have to!

And before some dipshit poster chimes in about donors… who in their right mind would write a big check to this ship of fools? WSU has proven for decades they don’t wanna do what it takes to win at football. It is the bare minimum. Attitude reflects leadership. Want big checks? Show those with big money you are serious. The last thing wealthy donors will do is watch their money get pissed away by dipshits.

Holy tap dancing Moses! Have you not seen enough shit football and good football to know what you’re looking at???
this is more like Wulff than I ever imagined. I had concerns when dickert and his entire defensive staff were hired, it reminded me of another turd that brought in an entire lower division staff and the results don't do anything to dispel those concerns.
Keeping
borghi off the field in nothing more than incompetence. The guards on the o- line were getting abused most of the game, Beresford was whiffing blocks all night.
The pooch kicking infuriates me to no end, brilliant coaching, score a td, then pooch so the opponent starts near midfield, Price must have called that in.

I'll be at the game next week and had been thinking about 1 or 2 other trips, but after this disaster I may not go back for quite a while

Reactions: BiggsCoug

Did you move back to Pullman?

I had major concerns when the 2 deeps were announced, 8 walkons or former walkons. Then throw in one of the worst coaching performances we’ve seen in years and this is what you end up with.

Getting the vaccine is simply a numbers game, decreases your odds of getting Covid, and all but eliminates you ending up in ICU if you did get it. It’s not some government conspiracy to take away your rights. It is simple math and playing the odds. If someone can’t comprehend odds, they are going to have trouble with the X and O’s of a football game.

I said the only thing that would save Rolo’s from his anti vaccine stance would be a great year. Well you just lost to the second easiest team on your schedule. So great year is out the window, the ceiling just went to 3 wins, and I am not sure where those will come from. They need to run the ball more , and play better pass defense, if they hope to have any success at all.

I never thought I’d say this, but a Mandate from the Governor might actually save the program from any more embarrassment.
I agree

this is more like Wulff than I ever imagined. I had concerns when dickert and his entire defensive staff were hired, it reminded me of another turd that brought in an entire lower division staff and the results don't do anything to dispel those concerns.
Keeping
borghi off the field in nothing more than incompetence. The guards on the o- line were getting abused most of the game, Beresford was whiffing blocks all night.
The pooch kicking infuriates me to no end, brilliant coaching, score a td, then pooch so the opponent starts near midfield, Price must have called that in.

I'll be at the game next week and had been thinking about 1 or 2 other trips, but after this disaster I may not go back for quite a while

We were planning on coming to Pullman for Stanford, but it was going to be a tight schedule. At this point, I'm inclined to stay on the wet side of the state and spend more time with my 95 year old grandma and other family. Find a Coug bar to watch the game at instead.

Reactions: BleedCrimsonandGray

I read this thread title in the tune of New Kid In Town by the Eagles, lol.

We were planning on coming to Pullman for Stanford, but it was going to be a tight schedule. At this point, I'm inclined to stay on the wet side of the state and spend more time with my 95 year old grandma and other family. Find a Coug bar to watch the game at instead.
I don't blame you, I can't bear the thought of sitting through any more Wulff like performances, which I fear is what's in store for us.

Keeping

Good eye on Beresford.

As old Coach Madden said...."if you think you might have two starters- you might not have any."

Even more reason for MB to have 25 carries. Wanna limit poor qb play? Dont let them throw the ball.

The name of this offense shouldnt be run and shoot. It should be MB and DM.

Even more reason for MB to have 25 carries. Wanna limit poor qb play? Dont let them throw the ball.

Take out the 64 yard TD run and MB had 22 yards on 10 carries.

Yes. He needs 14 more carries.

When the qb throws an incomplete pass, how many yards do you get? 0.

When Borghi runs for 2.2, you gain yards, no matter how small. You also force the defense to honor it. MB being keyed by the defense helps the qb. It loosens up the back end and it opens up play action. So yes, 2.2 is not wildly impressive. But it does effect the game in other ways. And right now I’d take MB running the ball over ANY wsu qb throwing the ball.

The much less than fluid mechanics of JDL have me wishing he had gotten a scholarship to USC. I'm officially on the "I'm just not seeing it" bandwagon. Running ball would require some type of commitment that we haven't seen for a long time.

Reactions: Wazzubrooz

How about calling it the "run and shoot yourself in the foot" offense?

I have a fear that Wazzu is about to enter a very, very down time of football what with a decline in recruiting, uncertainty for the long-term future of the current coach and possible conference shake-ups. That's all I have to say about that.

Don't forget Deon's 4 carries for 2 yds.

Handing the ball off doesn't do anything good when the D is living in the backfield. Problem is de Laura can't pass the ball further than 10 yds with a lick of accuracy. He only "sparked" the offense because we were given great field position twice to end the half. Only scored 3 points despite great field position and a sudden change. 8-18 isn't going to get it done.

Wait until we play some of the better defenses in the conference. It's going to be ugly if we don't figure something out.

Reactions: WASH ST A&M FAN
The much less than fluid mechanics of JDL have me wishing he had gotten a scholarship to USC. I'm officially on the "I'm just not seeing it" bandwagon. Running ball would require some type of commitment that we haven't seen for a long time.

Yes. But there are no options. Continuing down this road with poor qb play isnt a recipe for success. At some point you have to let the play makers you have make plays. It infuriates me to see a kid with MBs talent not running the ball.

As a coach you have to evaluate what your roster does best and then have them do that. How Leach and Rolo can watch MB in practice every day, then back it up on the small handful of carries he gets, and still not make him the bell cow is beyond me. It is piss poor coaching at best.

How about calling it the "run and shoot yourself in the foot" offense?

I have a fear that Wazzu is about to enter a very, very down time of football what with a decline in recruiting, uncertainty for the long-term future of the current coach and possible conference shake-ups. That's all I have to say about that.

WSU needs continuity in its coaching staff. Some schools can handle recruits asking questions about staff turnover. Some schools cant. Which is WSU?

Max should be touching the ball at least 25 times a game.

Not having your best player do what he does best is absolutely insane. We’ve all seen what he can do with 10 carries or less per game. What happens when it’s 25 carries per game??? If it doesn’t work, I’ll stop posting about it. If it does work, should have done it sooner.

Feed Max 300 carries this year. Let him do what he does best.

Which would you rather see…. MB with 300 carries or JDL with 300 pass attempts?

Yes. He needs 14 more carries.

When the qb throws an incomplete pass, how many yards do you get? 0.

When Borghi runs for 2.2, you gain yards, no matter how small. You also force the defense to honor it. MB being keyed by the defense helps the qb. It loosens up the back end and it opens up play action. So yes, 2.2 is not wildly impressive. But it does effect the game in other ways. And right now I’d take MB running the ball over ANY wsu qb throwing the ball.
Not to mention he's able to break one, so they have to respect it.

Not having your best player do what he does best is absolutely insane. We’ve all seen what he can do with 10 carries or less per game. What happens when it’s 25 carries per game??? If it doesn’t work, I’ll stop posting about it. If it does work, should have done it sooner.

Feed Max 300 carries this year. Let him do what he does best.

Which would you rather see…. MB with 300 carries or JDL with 300 pass attempts?
Max with 300 carries means at least 900 yards and 20-ish TDs. Probably more. JDL with 300 attempts means maybe 140 completions, maybe 1,000 yards. 10-12 TDs, and about the same number of INTs.

I'll take the first option, thanks.

JDL is not the answer. He's immature and makes bad decisions. He wants the deep completions and the highlight film, and doesn't look at the underneath receivers who are actually open. Problem is he doesn't have the touch or accuracy to actually complete those deep throws.

Fact is that right now we don't seem to have a QB. Which is even more reason to lean on the RB.

Reactions: WASH ST A&M FAN
Max with 300 carries means at least 900 yards and 20-ish TDs. Probably more. JDL with 300 attempts means maybe 140 completions, maybe 1,000 yards. 10-12 TDs, and about the same number of INTs.

JDL is not the answer. He's immature and makes bad decisions. He wants the deep completions and the highlight film, and doesn't look at the underneath receivers who are actually open. Problem is he doesn't have the touch or accuracy to actually complete those deep throws.

Fact is that right now we don't seem to have a QB. Which is even more reason to lean on the RB.

JDL has zero accuracy and makes bad decisions. You cant count on him.

If Rolo is gonna go with him, give him easy pitch and catch, easy sprint and throw and mix in called runs. Find what he does best and do that. Deep ball isnt it.

300 carries for 900 yards is trash.

Jerome Harrison had 308 carries for 1900 yards for a 4-7 team

300 carries for 900 yards is trash.

Jerome Harrison had 308 carries for 1900 yards for a 4-7 team
I agree. If Max has 3 yards per carry for the season, I'd be shocked, and it means that we spend the whole season not finding another weapon and every D keys solely on him. Even if that happens, I think he gets 3. More likely he's close to 5.

The point was we have to feed him the ball and force defenses to respect him.

Play the odds? You mean if I have virtually zero chance I die from covid, I must get the jab...which we don't know about the long term effects of that jab? Really?

Yes. Play the odds. But that means you should get the jab only if you are >70 years old and/or have comorbitities. That's playing the odds. Otherwise, you're just scared of getting sick for a few days...which is a bizarre fear imo.

PS The mandate can and will be circumvented by exceptions and the fact that the medical profession will collapse when thousands refuse to be coerced by an unnecessary requirement on perfectly healthy people. That sector is already under tremendous stress.

Play the odds? You mean if I have virtually zero chance I die from covid, I must get the jab...which we don't know about the long term effects of that jab? Really?

Yes. Play the odds. But that means you should get the jab only if you are >70 years old and/or have comorbitities. That's playing the odds. Otherwise, you're just scared of getting sick for a few days...which is a bizarre fear imo.

PS The mandate can and will be circumvented by exceptions and the fact that the medical profession will collapse when thousands refuse to be coerced by an unnecessary requirement on perfectly healthy people. That sector is already under tremendous stress.
The vaccines are not injecting chemicals (like medicine) into the body which can have longterm affects. The affects are always taking a chemical over time, not a few times. The vaccines are not engineered that way. The vaccine turns on the bodies response to a specific foreign substance that enters the body. That's it. So, we do know the longterm affects.

Plus, we do know 100% the longterm affects of attracting covid and dying.

My guess is you have already received all your vaccines just like rolo. Stand on this hill ...fight for your "freedom".

The vaccines are not injecting chemicals (like medicine) into the body which can have longterm affects. The affects are always taking a chemical over time, not a few times. The vaccines are not engineered that way. The vaccine turns on the bodies response to a specific foreign substance that enters the body. That's it. So, we do know the longterm affects.

Plus, we do know 100% the longterm affects of attracting covid and dying.
We don't fully understand the long term implications of injecting spike proteins into our bodies. My point is that if your chance of dying from covid is essentially zero (like it is for me and most people), then why take on that risk? It is a risk/reward calculation.

I don't mind getting sick for a week with covid. I don't really like getting sick, but it doesn't mean I'm dying from c-19.

Anyway, we won't agree on this issue.

Yes. But there are no options. Continuing down this road with poor qb play isnt a recipe for success. At some point you have to let the play makers you have make plays. It infuriates me to see a kid with MBs talent not running the ball.

As a coach you have to evaluate what your roster does best and then have them do that. How Leach and Rolo can watch MB in practice every day, then back it up on the small handful of carries he gets, and still not make him the bell cow is beyond me. It is piss poor coaching at best.
At least Leach would get it in his hands. And isn’t Rolo a QB guy? JDL doesn’t look one snap better than he did against OSU last year. I know it’s only been 5 games, but still.

You guys have bigger problems than an unvaccinated coach. Your bigger issue is a coach that thinks Jarrett Guarantano will ever lead you guys to any key victories. He’s the practice warrior that goes blind when the lights turn on. It doesn’t matter who you have as his backup - don’t play Gitmo if you have young talent on the bench. At least they can be developed. Gitmo will never be anything more than a rocket arm with no football acumen.
Good luck the rest of the way…without Gitmo….you’d better hope.

At least Leach would get it in his hands. And isn’t Rolo a QB guy? JDL doesn’t look one snap better than he did against OSU last year. I know it’s only been 5 games, but still.
Rolo played QB, reasonably well too. Not convinced it translates in this case though

You guys have bigger problems than an unvaccinated coach. Your bigger issue is a coach that thinks Jarrett Guarantano will ever lead you guys to any key victories. He’s the practice warrior that goes blind when the lights turn on. It doesn’t matter who you have as his backup - don’t play Gitmo if you have young talent on the bench. At least they can be developed. Gitmo will never be anything more than a rocket arm with no football acumen.

Yeah...I was disappointed when I saw he was named the starter. No offense to him, but JdL is our future. If the competition was that close, then why not play JdL all the time?

Bringing in Cooper for some "special" play at the two yard line is troubling too. Coaches that try to get too clever by half end up with egg on their face. JdL is exactly the kind of player you want out there in that scenario because of his running ability.

Go see Nana. You can watch bad football anytime.

JDL completes mid level passes, the LBs have to drop, Max has a field day.

But no, feel free to throw the bomb at the true freshman over and over. Maybe one of our co/assistant/adjunct offensive coordinators could do some real-time coaching and fix this sh*t during the game........maddening. Just maddening.

When Leach was beaten by EWU and PSU you KNEW that crap was a one-off and he'd get it fixed. Can't say I feel that way now.

The Gurantano thing is over. So all you Vol trolls can give it a rest. We didn’t really care about him nearly as much as you do.

Reactions: Coug90 and metprof
Go see Nana. You can watch bad football anytime.

I'm feeling even better about skipping the game. While planning what we would do instead of going to Pullman, I called one of my college roommates who lives on the wet side and learned that he was recovering from prostate cancer. Going to plan on watching the game with him instead.

Reactions: BleedCrimsonandGray
ADVERTISEMENT