ADVERTISEMENT

Next oppenent Boise hate them

wsudefense

Team Captain
Jul 18, 2006
If you go to the X board you will find Plenty of treads where they mention WSU and trash us. Last nights win wasn’t pretty but they laugh how our fans rushed the field, plenty of Cougd it comments ect. I seriously hate them with a passion and fall right under UW. I’m sure you can find a few good fans but I still hate them as a whole.

I’ve never had a problem with BSU. They’ve been overachievers for a long time now. All programs have douchebag fans. I like the city too.

That being said, I hope we kick their asses. I’ll be there and at the top of my lungs!

Reactions: HCoug and Coug90
If you go to the X board you will find Plenty of treads where they mention WSU and trash us. Last nights win wasn’t pretty but they laugh how our fans rushed the field, plenty of Cougd it comments ect. I seriously hate them with a passion and fall right under UW. I’m sure you can find a few good fans but I still hate them as a whole.
I think we are at a point socially in football where any team that wins a double OT game is going to have students and fans rush the field. If we’d beat them by 4TDs nobody goes on the field. We came back from the dead to win a thriller. I have zero problem with it in that context.

BSU is a completely different test. Best RB in the country with a very average QB. Not sure that’s a better or worse matchup for us considering how SJS gashed us with the run. Needless to say there will be 8 in the box most of the night with man coverage all over the field to try and slow Jeanty down. He’s gonna get his yards and we will need to force FGs. Looks like their defense is questionable, so may see another game like last night.

BSU is a completely different test. Best RB in the country with a very average QB. Not sure that’s a better or worse matchup for us considering how SJS gashed us with the run. Needless to say there will be 8 in the box most of the night with man coverage all over the field to try and slow Jeanty down. He’s gonna get his yards and we will need to force FGs. Looks like their defense is questionable, so may see another game like last night.
Some of the gashing was self-inflicted.

What is the X board?

What is the X board
Ya know...

You do realize that this board isn't monitored anymore, right?

Brand X, Brand Y, etc. We can start calling these boards by their names.

Cougfan (dead Zombie site)
Die Hard Cougs (for Facebook lovers).
CougCenter (uhhh.....no comment).

What else are we missing?

Last edited:
I used to live in Boise for several years during the dark ages (Wulff era). For smugness and an entitled attitude they rival the mutts.
Sidenote... Waved old crimson down there when game day came for Boise and oregon. Herbstreit came up to us flag waivers after the game and said I can't wait to get to Pullman once you guys become relevant again. All of the game day people at the time we're really nice to us.

You do realize that this board isn't monitored anymore, right?

Brand X, Brand Y, etc. We can start calling these boards by their names.

Cougfan (dead Zombie site)
Die Hard Cougs (for Facebook lovers).
CougCenter (uhhh.....no comment).

What else are we missing?
Warning - you’ll catch full blown AIDS on Die Hard Cougs.

SJSU didn't gash WSU with the run.

What SJSU did do is gash WSU with the PASS, and PASSED about 83% of time, and of the about 17% to 20% of time SJSU pased, about 3 were BIG PLAYS, and there was about 1,2 that were 4,5,6,7,8 yards, and about 4,5,6, that were -1,0,1,2,3 yard gains.

Only the 2,3 BIG RUN PLAYS made a difference. The rest of SJSU run plays, didn't have much difference on the game, except 1,2 drives that were sustained by 1,2 5 yard running first downs. So SJSU pretty much didn't GASH WSU with the RUN.

What SJSU did do is GASH WSU WITH PASS about 83% of time, which forced WSU to rush 4, drop 7 back into coverage, and even that didn't help, and then SJSU would 17% of time run against that rush 4, drop 7, that led to about 2,3 big running plays.

I think we are at a point socially in football where any team that wins a double OT game is going to have students and fans rush the field. If we’d beat them by 4TDs nobody goes on the field. We came back from the dead to win a thriller. I have zero problem with it in that context.
I also think the students that didn’t make it to Seattle last week felt like they’d missed out.

Reactions: M-I-Coug

What SJSU did do is gash WSU with the PASS, and PASSED about 83% of time, and of the about 17% to 20% of time SJSU pased, about 3 were BIG PLAYS, and there was about 1,2 that were 4,5,6,7,8 yards, and about 4,5,6, that were -1,0,1,2,3 yard gains.

Only the 2,3 BIG RUN PLAYS made a difference. The rest of SJSU run plays, didn't have much difference on the game, except 1,2 drives that were sustained by 1,2 5 yard running first downs. So SJSU pretty much didn't GASH WSU with the RUN.

What SJSU did do is GASH WSU WITH PASS about 83% of time, which forced WSU to rush 4, drop 7 back into coverage, and even that didn't help, and then SJSU would 17% of time run against that rush 4, drop 7, that led to about 2,3 big running plays.
Mik is right here. Take away the 66 yard run, and they gained 50 yards on 20 carries. With the 66 yarder, 116 yards on 21 carries. Fun stat. Mateer carried 18 times for 111 yards. We had 46 passes and 49 runs.

Maybe we have different definitions of gashed. They Housed one untouched on their second or third play of the game. And they hadn’t run the ball particularly well before last night. Our run D didn’t look much better than our pass D.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT