ADVERTISEMENT

NFL today

Loyal Coug1

Hall Of Fame
Aug 24, 2022
For a change I caught some of the action. Some great games.

Vikings win 3-0 (?) in the last 2 minutes. Bills (I have a man crush on Josh Allen) came through late and beat KC. Colts got thrashed, even though Minshew's stats weren't that bad. Eagles are making it a game against Dallas as I write this. Sea Chickens got thrashed, but Purdy from SF continues to amaze. Still can't believe he was Mr. Irrelevant.

Some of these QB's - gawd they can fire that ball.

rams had game stolen by a last second punt return with obvious blocks in the back....
Yeah wtf was that? NFL refs have been a problem this year. We are talking about PI last week they still can’t get that call right.

PI has become as subjective as Olympic ice skating. If a ref wants to call it he will. If he doesn’t, he won’t.

KC otoh, is coming off as whiny entitled bitches on the offside that cost them a TD. It looked like the guy was excited, because he knew what they could do on that play. Waaa, the ref didn’t tell me I was offside. How much do you get paid, Toney? Do you own job.

Last edited:
PI has become as subjective as Olympic ice skating. If a red wants to call it he will. If he doesn’t, he won’t.

KC otoh, is coming off as whiny entitled bitches on the offside that cost them a TD. It looked like the guy was excited, because he knew what they could do on that play. Waaa, the ref didn’t tell me I was offside. How much do you get paid, Toney? Do you own job.
Don’t get me started on KC. They’ve gotten more gift calls the last few years than any team I can remember. I suspect the favoritism towards them has come to an end with all this nonsense. The guy was offsides by A LOT! Warning? So if the dude is standing in the opponents secondary when the ball is snapped you should get a warning? The side judge couldn’t even see the ball Toney was so far offsides. Of course that’s gonna get called. Why cry about an obvious penalty, maybe make sure your players aren’t doing boneheaded shit!

Don’t get me started on KC. They’ve gotten more gift calls the last few years than any team I can remember. I suspect the favoritism towards them has come to an end with all this nonsense. The guy was offsides by A LOT! Warning? So if the dude is standing in the opponents secondary when the ball is snapped you should get a warning? The side judge couldn’t even see the ball Toney was so far offsides. Of course that’s gonna get called. Why cry about an obvious penalty, maybe make sure your players aren’t doing boneheaded shit!
REalistically, the ref should have blown it dead as soon as the ball was snapped. No play. It's basically an illegal procedure penalty. Letting it play out and result in a TD is what really caused the uproar...if it had been blown dead with the ball still in Mahomes' hands, the few people who were upset would be correctly upset at Toney for playing with a rectal-cranial inversion.

REalistically, the ref should have blown it dead as soon as the ball was snapped. No play. It's basically an illegal procedure penalty. Letting it play out and result in a TD is what really caused the uproar...if it had been blown dead with the ball still in Mahomes' hands, the few people who were upset would be correctly upset at Toney for playing with a rectal-cranial inversion.
Well, not really. If the defense is offside they let it play out: "free play". Same for the offense. Mahomes coulda thrown a pick, fumbled or been tackled for loss in which case the D declines the penalty.

Illegal procedures get blown dead while illegal shifts do not.

its unfortunate that such a brilliant play was erased. That's all I have to say about that.

Well, not really. If the defense is offside they let it play out: "free play". Same for the offense. Mahomes coulda thrown a pick, fumbled or been tackled for loss in which case the D declines the penalty.

Illegal procedures get blown dead while illegal shifts do not.

its unfortunate that such a brilliant play was erased. That's all I have to say about that.
I feel the same. That Kelsey throwback pass blew me away. I mean I saw that highlight and was like WTF? Seriously? Bet old Taylor Swift was Gaga.

But the fact is, Toney was offsides. By a lot. The refs did their job and called it. End of story. Mahomes little temper tantrum was ridiculous.

As an aside, the recent State Farm ads with Mahomes and Andy Reid are pretty funny.

I feel the same. That Kelsey throwback pass blew me away. I mean I saw that highlight and was like WTF? Seriously? Bet old Taylor Swift was Gaga.

But the fact is, Toney was offsides. By a lot. The refs did their job and called it. End of story. Mahomes little temper tantrum was ridiculous.

As an aside, the recent State Farm ads with Mahomes and Andy Reid are pretty funny.
Kind of an edit - KC continues to whine about the Toney offsides. Deal with it - he was clearly offsides. Tough shit if it negated a great TD play. He was offsides. "Oh the refs should have warned us". About what - don't line up offsides? Lost a lot of respect for Mahomes and Reid after this one. Shit happens.

For a change I caught some of the action. Some great games.

Vikings win 3-0 (?) in the last 2 minutes. Bills (I have a man crush on Josh Allen) came through late and beat KC. Colts got thrashed, even though Minshew's stats weren't that bad. Eagles are making it a game against Dallas as I write this. Sea Chickens got thrashed, but Purdy from SF continues to amaze. Still can't believe he was Mr. Irrelevant.

Some of these QB's - gawd they can fire that ball.
Something I like about the NFL is the choreographed touchdown celebrations like I just saw the dolphins do with a wheel barrow race after a touchdown.
It’s a game and should be fun.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT