ADVERTISEMENT

Not ready to throw the season away yet, but...

BleedCrimsonandGray

Hall Of Fame
Oct 2, 2007
there are some serious glaring defects on both sides of the ball.

Falk looked like he was under water all day. Slow to make reads, slow to get rid of the ball, horrible velocity, slow out of the pocket. Not sure what's going on with him, but we can't afford to wait 3-5 games for our starting qb to get his sh!t together every year. That being said, the offense did put of 42 points which should be enough if the got any contribution from the

Defense. Where to start? Where to end? Outside of the pick, pretty much all aspects for 95% of the game were abhorrent. Again, I might understand some rust coming into the first game of the season, but these kids looked like they couldn't give two sh!ts that they had a job to do today. I am really concerned about what is going on up there - those performances shouldn't happen EVER from a supposedly good team. I didn't even call them great - good. They not only looked outclassed, they looked apathetic. Simply not acceptable, especially year after year after year.

This is the same sh!t we tolerated from Wulff - making the same mistakes, never turning the corner, same mentality and apathy from the players. Obviously he has progressed way farther than Wulff ever did, but seriously: wtf is up with the culture of slow starts, horrible defenses, inept special teams? These are things that "real" "good" teams don't deal with year after year after year. I mean, first we get to live through the worst FBS coach in history and now we get the honor of being the only team to lose to 2 FCS teams with less than 3% chance to win, 2 years in a row? THAT'S what Cougar football is about?

Sorry, but I'm just so fcking sick of being the laughing stock. I don't care if we do win 9 this year (which we won't - Falk isn't the same and Marks won't last the season), I'm sick of losing these sh!t trap games like this.

Reactions: froropmkr72
there are some serious glaring defects on both sides of the ball.

Falk looked like he was under water all day. Slow to make reads, slow to get rid of the ball, horrible velocity, slow out of the pocket. Not sure what's going on with him, but we can't afford to wait 3-5 games for our starting qb to get his sh!t together every year. That being said, the offense did put of 42 points which should be enough if the got any contribution from the

Defense. Where to start? Where to end? Outside of the pick, pretty much all aspects for 95% of the game were abhorrent. Again, I might understand some rust coming into the first game of the season, but these kids looked like they couldn't give two sh!ts that they had a job to do today. I am really concerned about what is going on up there - those performances shouldn't happen EVER from a supposedly good team. I didn't even call them great - good. They not only looked outclassed, they looked apathetic. Simply not acceptable, especially year after year after year.

This is the same sh!t we tolerated from Wulff - making the same mistakes, never turning the corner, same mentality and apathy from the players. Obviously he has progressed way farther than Wulff ever did, but seriously: wtf is up with the culture of slow starts, horrible defenses, inept special teams? These are things that "real" "good" teams don't deal with year after year after year. I mean, first we get to live through the worst FBS coach in history and now we get the honor of being the only team to lose to 2 FCS teams with less than 3% chance to win, 2 years in a row? THAT'S what Cougar football is about?

Sorry, but I'm just so fcking sick of being the laughing stock. I don't care if we do win 9 this year (which we won't - Falk isn't the same and Marks won't last the season), I'm sick of losing these sh!t trap games like this.

THAT is a rant to remember. Just YA!

Reactions: BleedCrimsonandGray
Last season we gradually and steadily improved. I suspect that will happen again, but is that enough? At some point we need to win an opener. Luke and Gabe are complete warriors. All-in-all are offense could not make up for our defense. We looked slow and honestly, unprepared. A couple other comments:

1. We need more speed
2. Baldwin is a very good coach
3. Does Harrington have no role anymore?
4. Missed FG's hurt

Last season we gradually and steadily improved. I suspect that will happen again, but is that enough? At some point we need to win an opener. Luke and Gabe are complete warriors. All-in-all are offense could not make up for our defense. We looked slow and honestly, unprepared. A couple other comments:

1. We need more speed
2. Baldwin is a very good coach
3. Does Harrington have no role anymore?
4. Lack of special teams hurts

FTFY.
Punting situation is... look, if I ever have to see another rugby punt... anyway. When you have guys sprinting down to touch the ball 10 yards before it needs to be, its more than just having a hurt kicker. So over it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT