ADVERTISEMENT

Now Gueye

CougPatrol

Hall Of Fame
Dec 8, 2006
Has declared to test the NBA draft but will retain his eligibility. I fear he could be headed to the portal as well, unfortunately.

Smoke = Fire.. I am now convinced.. Not just because of this single action, but the attitude and Tweets about these occurrences by the players..

Shall I say it a little louder for those in the back?
I agree with you, but all very interesting developments.. I am now going on record to say there is an issue…

I think you might semi probably jumping to a either an incorrect conclusion or assumption.

Here why:

1. Rapp left because he is a grad transfer transferring to a graduate program that is probably better then WSU AND he hadn't gotten a lot of playing time AND at the time back then, and now BEFORE the transfers, etc, it didn't look like he was going to get playing time(Now he would get a lot of playing time, now that the transfers happened)

Rapp seems like he has had a ok relationship with Smith, the team, etc, and was BEST friends with EFE, so he probably didn't leave because of Smith supposedly doing something bad, etc.

But he might have also left because of his friendship with Noah. Also I would say Noah is, was the, a problem, not Smith.

2. Once Rapp left, it's obvious that PARTS of EFE's reasons for leaving was his friendships with Both Rapp and Noah. Efe seems like he didn't have a problem with either WSU or Smith, etc. In fact the video he made said, showed that he liked not only WSU, team, etc, but also liked Smith and the rest of the coaching staff. I know that some people might say, that's what departing players usually say, BUT when, if a player is just going to give the standard "I would like to thank the coaches, etc,", they usually just quickly tweet, etc, that quote, not make a tribute video to the team, coaches, experience, etc, unless they really did like the coaches, etc.

3. Just like it's easy to trigger, and not stop or not easily stop a snowball going down a hill and getting bigger, etc, the same is, can be true for situations like WSU's players transferring out situation.

All it can take is some seemingly disgruntled, semi attitude problem, etc, player like Noah, etc, leaving.

If that player leaves. Then his other player friends might use that as a reason to go with other reasons like NIL, etc, to transfer.

If they, those players then transfer, then maybe the coach won't be able to find good enough replacements, and that because of that, maybe the team wouldnt do good enough, and so maybe that would be a reason for even more players to transfer.

Then those players transfer, and rinse, wash, repeat, the players panic, transfer, the team falls apart, and the snowball either can't be stopped, or harder to stop.

4. That's at least as possible, probable, and probably more possible, probable of an explanation of why the transfers are happening, then it being because Smith has supposedly done something bad, an or that there is supposedly fire.

Is it possible that it's something Smith has done bad, an or Fire? Yes. Is there any OBVIOUS proof, evidence?(Other then making some assumptions that since these transfers are happening, where there is transferring(Smoke), there is fire.) No, at least nothing that has been said, etc, an or at least not that I know of.(If I am wrong, please feel free to post such obvious proof, evidence, etc)

5. The truth is that we really DONT KNOW if it's FIRE(Smith, etc, doing something bad, etc), or if it's just a Snowball, Avalanche, transfer situation that got triggered.

Smoke = Fire.. I am now convinced.. Not just because of this single action, but the attitude and Tweets about these occurrences by the players..
You might be right, but this is happening nearly everywhere, not just WSU. All Pac-12 teams have players in the portal:

Arizona- 1
ASU- 6
Cal- 3
Colorado- 3
Oregon- 2
OSU- 5
Stanford- 6
UCLA- 2
USC- 4
Utah- 5
UW- 2
WSU- 4

Not every team is losing players with the impact of an Efe &/or Noah....and I'm not ready to concede that Gueye is going to another school should he not go pro (not ruling it out either), but the point is the number of guys in the portal is not necessarily tied to problems with the coaching staff. Could be, but it may also be as simple as players looking for something else and, of course, the lure of NIL $$$$$$.

Glad Cougar

Reactions: mikalalas
You might be right, but this is happening nearly everywhere, not just WSU. All Pac-12 teams have players in the portal:

Arizona- 1
ASU- 6
Cal- 3
Colorado- 3
Oregon- 2
OSU- 5
Stanford- 6
UCLA- 2
USC- 4
Utah- 5
UW- 2
WSU- 4

Not every team is losing players with the impact of an Efe &/or Noah....and I'm not ready to concede that Gueye is going to another school should he not go pro (not ruling it out either), but the point is the number of guys in the portal is not necessarily tied to problems with the coaching staff. Could be, but it may also be as simple as players looking for something else and, of course, the lure of NIL $$$$$$.

Glad Cougar

And Or the more likely Snowball, Avalanche, etc, that I explained of 1. Disgruntled problem player leaves.(like a Noah) 2. Player friends of that player transferring partly because their player friend left in addition to NIL,etc(friend leaving the straw that broke camel's back, caused transfer)3. Players Transferring because maybe the coach won't find good enough replacements, and that because of that, maybe the team wouldnt do good enough, etc.

Since the rule changes around declaring for the NBA draft to go through the evaluation process is normal.

I'm not holding my breath, but the template announcement seemed to have a different tone than Efe's. Also, Gueye (and Bamba) were the host for Adrame Diongue last week. Seem like decent signs Gueye is expected back.

Why wouldn't he be testing these waters. At worst he gets worthwhile feedback. Unless some NBA team is willing to take a flyer on him I think he's back. He has huge potential. If he can develop a consistent mid range shot he can be unstoppable.

For what it's worth I just looked through ESPN's 2 round Mock Draft and neither EFE or Gueye appear. Also, Mathews on UW just announced he is entering the portal.

Why wouldn't he be testing these waters. At worst he gets worthwhile feedback. Unless some NBA team is willing to take a flyer on him I think he's back. He has huge potential. If he can develop a consistent mid range shot he can be unstoppable.
When Bill Walton was calling our game he said they should apply for an NBA eval...that way they know what to work on.

I am surprised Efe has not announced where he is off to next year.

I believe he has till June 1st to pull out of the draft I doubt we’ll hear till after that

But it's not like there's a big mystery of what Efe and Mo need to work on, is it?

They could sit down with the coaches for 15 minutes and they'd tell them exactly what to work on...and I'm sure they already know based on the feedback they've given them.

Hell, they could sit down with several of us and we'd tell them very accurately what they need to work on.

It's not exactly rocket surgery.

But it's not like there's a big mystery of what Efe and Mo need to work on, is it?

They could sit down with the coaches for 15 minutes and they'd tell them exactly what to work on...and I'm sure they already know based on the feedback they've given them.

Hell, they could sit down with several of us and we'd tell them very accurately what they need to work on.

It's not exactly rocket surgery.
…or maybe another way to look at it is what’s the harm in outside feedback? There’s literally no downside.

Yea, I see no downside for WSU unless the feedback is to leave Pullman.
It’s funny to me how many announcers go on and on about how Gueye has good shooting form. He shoots out from his face instead of up above his head and he never gets the ball into the shooting pocket! Players with good shooting form don’t shoot 50% from the free throw line.

At ultimate extreme best Gueye would go LAST PICK of SECOND round of draft as a ULTIMATE FLIER pick, or as a SIGNED undrafted free agent in the NBA or NBA G League, after this his freshman season, year.

Gueye has been projected as a bottom of 1st round at worst to Lottery pick at best(NBA DRAFT ROOM.COM), AFTER his Sophmore year at ultimate extreme best, and at average, after his Junior year, and at worst, after his senior year.

At Ultimate Extreme Worst, he is a likely, practically guaranteed to be a last pick of 2nd round, signed undrafted free agent, in the NBA, at ultimate extreme worst after his Senior year.

So he Gueye is pretty much a likely guaranteed future, eventual NBA player, in the future.

He Gueye is Shawn Kemp, NBA freakish Athleticism. He can block shots, steal ball, good hands for receiving passes, passes semi ok, plays good defense, hard to be driven on, can guard 3's, 4's on the perimeter, Michael Jordan level dunking ability, can beat 3's, 4's, 5's, off the dribble, drive, face up drive, slash, penetrate, etc.

The only things he needs is too put on some weight, but not too much weight, increase his strength, ability to defend in the post, develop some back to basket post moves, like Jackson, develop a mid range jumper, 3 point shot, polish his SEMI RAW game, etc.

if, when he does that, he will be a COMPLETE player, and if finishes doing that in College, to go with 19 ppg, 9 rebounds a game on college, etc, he would be a Top 6 pick in 1st round of draft IF does that.

The former NBA player announcers like a Charles Barkley, etc, and the former College, NBA coaches, players, announcers covering the WSU games in the NIT, and the experts, pundits said that Gueye is probably a future NBA player/prospect, comparable to Shawn Kemp, etc.

Will see what happens.

Last edited:
Agree with all here. Nothing wrong with testing the NBA waters for feedback. I believe you get one free opportunity to enter then pull your name back.
I still maintain as I stated previously that something is amiss. While I acknowledge that the portal numbers are high for every team. There’s just something different about the timing and the types of players we stand to lose. The season as a hole was very successful, but there was a period of time in there where players/coaches did not seem to be on the same page…Hopefully, I’m wrong.. I would also be shocked if Efe was given NIL money as well..

Charles Barkley doesn’t have a clue who Gueye is and never announced any NIT games. Most draft picks are freshmen or sophomores he needs to have a huge jump next year to be drafted, which I could see him doing. Honesty I doubt very very seriously ifGueye ever plays in the NBA

Charles Barkley doesn’t have a clue who Gueye is and never announced any NIT games. Most draft picks are freshmen or sophomores he needs to have a huge jump next year to be drafted, which I could see him doing. Honesty I doubt very very seriously ifGueye ever plays in the NBA

I said Charles Barkley LIKE, ESQUE, meaning not specifically Charles Barkley, but a FORMER NBA PRO LIKE LIKE LIKE a Charles Barkley.

And there was, have been CREDIBLE, Former NBA Pro, LIKE LIKE a Charles Barkley, etc, announcing, at least 1 of the
WSU NIT games, that did in fact disagree with you and said, compared Gueye to Kemp, Wilkins, etc, and that was a NBA talent, pro, prospect, etc.

ED said it was Bill Walton. I don't remember who it specifically was, but it was someone LIKE A BILL WALTON, CHARLES BARKELY.

And also NBADRAFTROOM.COM is more credible then you. And the person who is LIKE a Bill Walton, Charles Barkley, etc, is more credible then you.

So I will listen to believe them over you, until, unless proven wrong, unless Gueye doesn't do what they project Gueye to do.

I said Charles Barkley LIKE, ESQUE, meaning not specifically Charles Barkley, but a FORMER NBA PRO LIKE LIKE LIKE a Charles Barkley.

And there was, have been CREDIBLE, Former NBA Pro, LIKE LIKE a Charles Barkley, etc, announcing, at least 1 of the
WSU NIT games, that did in fact disagree with you and said, compared Gueye to Kemp, Wilkins, etc, and that was a NBA talent, pro, prospect, etc.

ED said it was Bill Walton. I don't remember who it specifically was, but it was someone LIKE A BILL WALTON, CHARLES BARKELY.

And also NBADRAFTROOM.COM is more credible then you. And the person who is LIKE a Bill Walton, Charles Barkley, etc, is more credible then you.

So I will listen to believe them over you, until, unless proven wrong, unless Gueye doesn't do what they project Gueye to do.

Also, how many players like Gueye that ABOUT 1,2,3 times, score ABOUT 23,,25,27+ points in a game + 7+ rebounds in the same game(s), + 2,3,4 blocks in the same game(s), etc, During their TRUE FRESHMAN year, at the age of about 18, like GUEYE DID, not go on to EVENTUALLY become a NBA player, NBA G leaguer, etc?

Probably not that many, and probably a lot of them probably do go on to eventually end up in NBA, NBA G League, etc,

Also, how many players like Gueye that ABOUT 1,2,3 times, score ABOUT 23,,25,27+ points in a game + 7+ rebounds in the same game(s), + 2,3,4 blocks in the same game(s), etc, During their TRUE FRESHMAN year, at the age of about 18, like GUEYE DID, not go on to EVENTUALLY become a NBA player, NBA G leaguer, etc?

Probably not that many, and probably a lot of them probably do go on to eventually end up in NBA, NBA G League, etc,

KEY WORDS LIKE A GUEYE TYPE of player.

Not just any player, but a player like the type of player that Gueye is

I stand corrected! Charles Barkley like about 1,2,3 ish semi almost probably could be Bill Walton type former NBA coaches believe Gueye might have almost probably semi could have scored 25 points grabbed 15 rebounds and as such will almost be guaranteed to be last pick 33% chance of second round worst case to lottery pick 51% best case. Of course he will make the NBA, g league, ABA, Argentinian pro league other pro league because Lenny Wilkins like ex coaches says or might have said or I might have kind of heard he has Larry Bird skills and who has Larry Birdish like almost type kind of skills that doesn’t make almost make should make NBA.

last year 356 players declared for the draft. 217 left their name in the draft. It’s a smart move for the feed back nothing more nothing less.

Last edited:

I agree with you. It is not a knock on him either. It is so hard to get to that level. Need to be an athletic freak and super competitive.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT