ADVERTISEMENT

Official: Cheez-It Bowl vs. Air Force

Official.

ELS08AqUEAAuQVn

Air Force’s D - according to the numbers - looks solid against the pass. Easy two arguments against that are that they play mostly teams that are run-first and that they haven’t seen anyone who throws it like we do. Hawai’i and Boise state are probably the most Air-oriented offenses they’ve seen. They gave up 400 to Hawaii, and lost to Boise.

Offensively, they’re a solid run team. Their leading receiver has 29 catches on the year, and only one other receiver has 20. Neither of them has more than 5 in a game. But they average 25 & 32 yards per catch, so they obviously get behind the D. They have 3 backs (including 2 fullbacks) with over 700 yards, and their QB is just shy of 500. All 4 of them have over 100 carries.

So - our D needs to spend the next 3 weeks on outside contain. CBs have to stick with their man until they commit to the run. Safeties will need to play run support. DL has to figure out how to plug the middle and free up the LBs for inside-out pursuit and containment.

Reality is that if their D can’t slow down Gordon, they can’t keep up anyway. But they’re dangerous. Beating them doesn’t really do anything to make us look good, but losing to them looks really bad.

Air Force’s D - according to the numbers - looks solid against the pass. Easy two arguments against that are that they play mostly teams that are run-first and that they haven’t seen anyone who throws it like we do. Hawai’i and Boise state are probably the most Air-oriented offenses they’ve seen. They gave up 400 to Hawaii, and lost to Boise.

Offensively, they’re a solid run team. Their leading receiver has 29 catches on the year, and only one other receiver has 20. Neither of them has more than 5 in a game. But they average 25 & 32 yards per catch, so they obviously get behind the D. They have 3 backs (including 2 fullbacks) with over 700 yards, and their QB is just shy of 500. All 4 of them have over 100 carries.

So - our D needs to spend the next 3 weeks on outside contain. CBs have to stick with their man until they commit to the run. Safeties will need to play run support. DL has to figure out how to plug the middle and free up the LBs for inside-out pursuit and containment.

Reality is that if their D can’t slow down Gordon, they can’t keep up anyway. But they’re dangerous. Beating them doesn’t really do anything to make us look good, but losing to them looks really bad.

Stop the dive first. Need some three and outs or we'll have 6 possessions.

At the end of the day.....winning the game allows us to lay claim to five straight winning seasons. There's value in that.

I will disclose that I have never attended a bowl game that WSU has won. Just bought my tickets....

I will disclose that I have never attended a bowl game that WSU has won. Just bought my tickets....
Hearing there were some moral victories and life lessons learned in the 2008 Possum Bowl

Weren't you at that?

Haven't you heard? Nobody cares outside of our fan base if we win or lose.

Air Force can embarrass people ae they are a well coached team who usually does not make mistakes. If AC throws his interceptions it may be a long day for the cougs The cougs should run them but AC can either destroy them or embarrass the cougs against a MWC opponent. It will be well attended as the AFA brass and fans follow the team closely.Their fan base should easily outnumber the cougs.

Reactions: BleedCrimsonandGray
Cougs have been able to handle one dimensional offenses. Be afraid if the Falcons discover the forward pass.

Quick reminder-

220yds on the grond to Northern Colorado.

Nothing is a gimme with this defense. Our best bet is to score 40+.... Eh, better make it 50+ and leave no doubt

Air Force can embarrass people ae they are a well coached team who usually does not make mistakes. If AC throws his interceptions it may be a long day for the cougs The cougs should run them but AC can either destroy them or embarrass the cougs against a MWC opponent. It will be well attended as the AFA brass and fans follow the team closely.Their fan base should easily outnumber the cougs.

Golly. Who would have thought we'd get a reminder from you about how terrible the QB is, even though he just set Pac-12 records.

Reactions: 79COUG
Golly. Who would have thought we'd get a reminder from you about how terrible the QB is, even though he just set Pac-12 records.
So, taking an educated guess that this is a response to someone on my ignore list. Not going to cheat here and look. Is it ElC? It just has to be.

Reactions: royhobbs2
Ok gibbon? . I guess saying that the cougs could run the kadets is saying how bad Ac is or rather saying he may set passing records again as your standard foe excellence?. So go ahead and make your bet in las Vegas.

I know we’re all P12 loyalists, but expecting the 7th seed in the P12 to “run” a 10-2 Air Force team, the #2 seed in the MWC, is a reach and a half.

We’ll need to play very well to make this game competitive.

The AFA lost to Boise St 19-30 and Navy 25-34. They also beat Colorado 30-23 in OT. So a competitive and a good team.

So, taking an educated guess that this is a response to someone on my ignore list. Not going to cheat here and look. Is it ElC? It just has to be.

“Setting records sucks.”

-ElC

Ok gibbon? . I guess saying that the cougs could run the kadets is saying how bad Ac is or rather saying he may set passing records again as your standard foe excellence?. So go ahead and make your bet in las Vegas.

Can you translate this into English?

Youre right. Puff your chest about beating an fcs team while giving up 200+ on the ground.

Teams can get yards on the ground between the 20's and I don't care. We are stronger than them and we'll force 2-3 fumbles if we can keep the explosives to a minimum. Our chances of getting gashed go way down if they can't pass and no offense to Air Force, Northern Colorado has a more impressive passing game than AFA.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT