ADVERTISEMENT

Official Game Thread. Americas Team vs. dogs

It’s amazing to me that the majority of you can’t see/comprehend that mere moments after the ball is snapped, there are TWO TO THREE lineman in the QBs face. Ward is NOT the problem.

Reactions: NMBRCRNCHR
It’s amazing to me that the majority of you can’t see/comprehend that mere moments after the ball is snapped, there are TWO TO THREE lineman in the QBs face. Ward is NOT the problem.
It's true. The oline was really really bad. I'd like to see some better decisions and more accurate throws from Ward though. We'll see if he learns from this.

The play calling doesn’t help. If you can’t block, the answer isn’t more receivers. The answer is more blockers. The same way defenses drop 8 into coverage and make a QB throw thru the bodies…. offenses can add TEs and wings to make the DL run thru the bodies. While I agree that he needs blocks, there were plenty of snaps where he had time and didnt make a throw. The OL cannot block forever. At some point the QB needs to make a decision. Which brings me to another point. If everyone is covered, RUN the ball!

Assuming Ward has a capable OL does not wash away all his issues as a qb. It helps for sure. It alleviates pressure. But he still has to make decisions with the football.

The OL was not responsible for him f’ing up the 2 point play. The OL was not responsible for him f’ing up and stopping short of the first down.

Ward is not a good qb. The end.

Reactions: crimsonstone
The play calling doesn’t help. If you can’t block, the answer isn’t more receivers. The answer is more blockers. The same way defenses drop 8 into coverage and make a QB throw thru the bodies…. offenses can add TEs and wings to make the DL run thru the bodies. While I agree that he needs blocks, there were plenty of snaps where he had time and didnt make a throw. The OL cannot block forever. At some point the QB needs to make a decision. Which brings me to another point. If everyone is covered, RUN the ball!

Assuming Ward has a capable OL does not wash away all his issues as a qb. It helps for sure. It alleviates pressure. But he still has to make decisions with the football.

The OL was not responsible for him f’ing up the 2 point play. The OL was not responsible for him f’ing up and stopping short of the first down.

Ward is not a good qb. The end.
Agree with everything but the last sentence.

He actually is worse. I thought he was bad at the start of the season. Nothing has changed my mind. Could he get better? Sure. Will it be enough? Doubt it.

He has 2 seasons of starting at QB under his belt. Maybe more. And this is what we are watching?

I said the same for jdl. He has 30 starts under his belt. And he still does dumb shit.

They are who they are. It will take a new coach to get more out of Ward.

I think Ward is going to become an excellent QB. He looked good tonight. Morris has no excuses next season. We’re set to return a lot of pieces on offense, and flaws and all, Ward’s skill set is plenty good enough for a capable offensive gameplan.

Reactions: COUGinNCW
I think Ward is going to become an excellent QB. He looked good tonight. Morris has no excuses next season. We’re set to return a lot of pieces on offense, and flaws and all, Ward’s skill set is plenty good enough for a capable offensive gameplan.
The OL is duct tape and bandaids. Kingston was honored last night. So that’s another hole to fill, and no one on the roster obvious to do it.

He actually is worse. I thought he was bad at the start of the season. Nothing has changed my mind. Could he get better? Sure. Will it be enough? Doubt it.

He has 2 seasons of starting at QB under his belt. Maybe more. And this is what we are watching?

I said the same for jdl. He has 30 starts under his belt. And he still does dumb shit.

They are who they are. It will take a new coach to get more out of Ward.

Do you wear Pampers or Huggies?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT