ADVERTISEMENT

Official game thread. WSU vs. Cal

James Williams is just a great Coug. Kid fights for extra yards and plays like he means it. No business decisions here.

I have no fear of Cal's offense, so happy to see we're moving it early and Minshew is actually finding open receivers (unlike much of @Stanford).

Also who is in the booth? One of these guys sounds like an 80s sitcom dad; not a strong football voice at all...

Far be it from me to make pronouncements early, but we are MOVING the ball effortlessly - I like where this is headed.

Not a TD but we're on the board on the opening possession, having driven the length of the field pretty much at will. Good result if Cal's offense is still feckless.

Cal QB Chase Garbers looks like the preppy white villain from a rival fraternity in an 80s movie. Just needs a cardigan slung over his shoulder with a convertible Bimmer.

Also, he runs for the 1st and both Cougs try to strip the ball instead of just tackling.

Good stand by the defense. One big run by the non running QB. Otherwise, not much.

I guess we're not getting that facemask call. Not even a replay. Crowd didn't like it after seeing the replay. Crowd usually doesn't like it but a facemask is usally pretty cut and dry.

Reactions: BleedCrimsonandGray
Will have to be patient in this game.
Both defenses playing well thus far.
Still expect the Cougs to punch one in soon.

Not a good pass by Minshew. He threw to the only receiver that was covered.

What did y'all think of that holding call? Seemed like the receiver's route was basically to run into the DB and cut out. Maybe I missed it but just looked like a basketball-style charging foul that was then called on us.

What did y'all think of that holding call? Seemed like the receiver's route was basically to run into the DB and cut out. Maybe I missed it but just looked like a basketball-style charging foul that was then called on us.

They know the book

I think that WSU's offense has been flat after moving down the field that first series. I don't think Cal's defense has been stopping them as much as they have been stopping themselves. You keep the other team in the game, it can come back to bite you.

I think it was a hold because he had his right arm briefly around him.

If the Cougars are going to lose this game, turnovers are going to play a part. Short field leads to a score.

I would love to see one of those draw plays pick up big yardage

Should have been a big play to Calvin. But, the pass was off and Calvin dropped it. They are a little off.

Anybody dogging on WSU's OOC schedule... how about going undefeated against that schedule except for a scandal-laden loss by 3 as time expires? It's what I don't get about anybody talking schedule. If you have a meh schedule but you knock their d---s in the dirt like you're supposed to, what does it matter? Particularly when so many teams have embarrassing losses?

Great response.
We've seen everything that the Cal offense has to offer.
Cougs will find a way to shut it down by the 2nd half.
Just avoid turnovers.
Cal defense is good but a sharp Coug offense beats them.

Borghi is only a frosh.
Hoping he stays for all 4 years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT