ADVERTISEMENT

Offseason Fun: CFB Top Tailgate Sites?

CougSinceBirth

Hall Of Fame
Nov 14, 2009
Been out of college now a few years now and while I still have youth to me, I am looking to start making some fun CFB tailgate/game trips around the country.

Does anyone have a list of their top experiences or schools they've visited or would like to visit?

The Grove is on my list. I'd want to see Iowa to see how they compete with the Cougs in the boozing department.

Obviously would attend as many Coug games as I can - I split season tickets - but figured it would be a fun offseason topic to discuss.

Been out of college now a few years now and while I still have youth to me, I am looking to start making some fun CFB tailgate/game trips around the country.

Does anyone have a list of their top experiences or schools they've visited or would like to visit?

The Grove is on my list. I'd want to see Iowa to see how they compete with the Cougs in the boozing department.

Obviously would attend as many Coug games as I can - I split season tickets - but figured it would be a fun offseason topic to discuss.
Texas AM is just plain incredible. A true must. They have a midnight Yell Practice... basically everyone shows up the night BEFORE a game just as a rally and they call it a practice... I don't know why they REALLY call it a practice.

Oklahoma is a must.

I've heard The Volunteers is also a must, although I don't have first hand knowledge of it.

Texas AM is just plain incredible. A true must. They have a midnight Yell Practice... basically everyone shows up the night BEFORE a game just as a rally and they call it a practice... I don't know why they REALLY call it a practice.

Oklahoma is a must.

I've heard The Volunteers is also a must, although I don't have first hand knowledge of it.

Geezus. Can you even begin to imagine getting 70k Cougar fans to show up not once, but twice within a 24 hour period?

Spokane sucks...

Auburn was by far the best tailgating experience that I've ever had. Friendliest fans in the country and tailgates everywhere.

Notre Dame was a great experience for me because one of our summer interns was a student there and he gave my wife and I an incredible (and over the top nerd-friendly) tour of the campus. The walk from the parking sucked but that campus is amazing.

Wisconsin was highly over-rated in my opinion.

Colorado was horrible when they were in the Big 12. They still don't qualify as friendly, but they aren't as bad. Still, not a group of fans that make you feel welcome.

Vegas is a great town to visit for a game, but the tailgating and fans sucked. We drank the Coug side of the stadium dry.

Oklahoma State was good for me because an associate of mine is a high level donor there and he gave us his parking pass......which was something like 300' from the stadium. The OSU fans around us were a little cold-shouldered at first but we won them over. Eskimo Joe's is very over-rated.

No place has worse tail-gating than El Paso. We only go there for the Sun Bowl but we don't go there for the tailgating when we are there.

I haven't been to a football game at Arkansas but we watched the Cougs play baseball there in 2010. Those people know how to tailgate.

You'll have to wait 9 years before the Cougs are there, but KSU fans have an enormous tailgate area around the stadium and you will have a good time if you go.

I haven't been to a Nebraska game since their glory days but if you don't let the condescending attitude bother you, they are pretty good fans. They think that they are better than you so be prepared for that.

Reactions: Orecoug
Auburn, OSU, OU, Arkansas, Tulsa. A&M. UCLA gets points due to being able to do it at Brookside. After those I am struggling to come up with anything comparable. I've never been to a B10 tailgate, but it has to be great in late October with the leaves turning.

Ole Miss. Someday before I die - I'm going to Ole Miss for a ball game and some cocktails

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT