ADVERTISEMENT

OL recruiting updates

etowncoug

Hall Of Fame
Apr 15, 2018
OL from Norway Martin Weinberg announced he needed to go the JC route in order to take a class to be NCAA eligible. Headed to Iowa Western so he's off the board.

Meanwhile we offered OL Jimmy Price from Tyler JC. Make me wonder if the staff isn't confident about Dontae Powell qualifying or if they are worried about depth next year.

I suspect they are worried about Powell. For his sake, I hope Powell qualifies. It is going to be hard for him at WSU if he gets accepted, but I do like his perseverance and stamina in the academics area. That should give him success in life and hopefully success on the field at the PAC 12 level.

OL from Norway Martin Weinberg announced he needed to go the JC route in order to take a class to be NCAA eligible. Headed to Iowa Western so he's off the board.

Meanwhile we offered OL Jimmy Price from Tyler JC. Make me wonder if the staff isn't confident about Dontae Powell qualifying or if they are worried about depth next year.

6-5 #295. 3 to play 2

Been rooting for him for a number of years now, bummer. Best of luck Dontae.

Powell has always been confident in his ability to qualify academically. Bummer he hasn't been able to qualify yet, it's clearly limited his options. Seems like a quality kid.

So it sounds like Leach pulled the kid's offer when he failed to graduate?

Beekman his teammate at Arizona Western graduated & enrolled at WSU recently. That place was a football factory the last 4yrs for D1 talent. No reason the Matadores “Stick With The Program & They’ll Get You Through” blueprints weren’t shared with Powell. So, ya gotta wonder about motivation???

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT