ADVERTISEMENT

Ollie gone

Strib and Ollie’s play hasn’t been what we thought it could be. Fairly disappointing imo. I would describe our overall WR group as fairly pedestrian this last season. Hopefully we can bring some better players in.

Reactions: wsudefense
Kids these days think they better than they really are, they have a rude awakening coming if you want to play in the NFL. Allot of good players never make it and those who do, it’s because of persistence and competition. Competition makes you better but some guys believe you deserve your spot. I deal with this daily with managing my sales team. Motivating and challenging them to be successful is a challenge.

Reactions: cr8zyncalif
Problem too is the offense. Morris' version of air raid has inside wrs running the $$ routes. Outside guys just running outs and hitches like Smithson did 2nd half of year.

Reactions: froropmkr72
Kids these days think they better than they really are, they have a rude awakening coming if you want to play in the NFL. Allot of good players never make it and those who do, it’s because of persistence and competition. Competition makes you better but some guys believe you deserve your spot. I deal with this daily with managing my sales team. Motivating and challenging them to be successful is a challenge.
I was part of a 4 person sales team for over 20 years. Between us we sold over $12 mil a year (commercial printing). The owners philosophy was simple...
You all have families, you have an experienced, professional support staff, you work on commission and my door is ALWAYS open.

I was part of a 4 person sales team for over 20 years. Between us we sold over $12 mil a year (commercial printing). The owners philosophy was simple...
You all have families, you have an experienced, professional support staff, you work on commission and my door is ALWAYS open.
After college I worked in printing for 13 years right out of college, same concept. Today I work in a different field but my age group is 22-56 range. The younger people are the most challenging and come in with the attitude they deserve to be in management. We just hired this one guy who told a few of the team that if we don’t promote him within the year he’s leaving. Seems everyone we hire has this type of attitude. They feel they deserve more money yet they haven’t done a thing. I feel college football athletes are the same. Don’t give them time on the field or touches and they want to move on.

Reactions: 425cougfan
Over 500 players put their name in the portal today. Singer the leading WR at AZ is one, Kevin Slovis is on the move again, last year there was over 3000 in total, I would expect no less this year. How WSU recruits the portal is their key to success next year.

Over 500 players put their name in the portal today. Singer the leading WR at AZ is one, Kevin Slovis is on the move again, last year there was over 3000 in total, I would expect no less this year. How WSU recruits the portal is their key to success next year.

Makes bowl season brutal. Would be nice if they could shift the calendar somehow, so you didn't have teams making bowls and traveling 2/3 of their roster for the game.
I'm probably just hopelessly old school, but I want to WIN bowl games. I know that's not a priority anymore, they're just glorified scrimmages.

Isn't Singer the one who scuffled with de Laura during our game?

I think we should make a run at him.

Reactions: 79COUG
Ollie might do OK at a lower level conference. His experience has value, even if he couldn't make the more difficult catches. Strib is a little better and would be more of a loss; I'm not surprised that Ollie left, but Strib would be more of a surprise. Strib is not so good that somebody is going to wave a bunch of NIL money at him, but he is good enough to start next year here and get a lot better stats. If he transfers he might end up like Greene, not being the clear starter and having to trade PT with others. I understand Ollie. Strib would be more of a head scratcher...not that it couldn't happen, because kids can do some dumb things. But I would expect him to stay.

Isn't Singer the one who scuffled with de Laura during our game?

I think we should make a run at him.
MAkes sense why Stribbling is leaving. I thought Arizona was all filled up. Singer must have some NIL money on the line and I am sure stribbling is headed to arizona and will get a little money to do so.

MAkes sense why Stribbling is leaving. I thought Arizona was all filled up. Singer must have some NIL money on the line and I am sure stribbling is headed to arizona and will get a little money to do so.
Does Stribling start for Arizona? I have no sour grapes whatsoever towards Stribling, but watching him this season it became clear that he doesn't possess ball skills. Can't high point and doesn't win many 50/50 balls.

Well, looks like I was wrong about Strib. Hope he lands somewhere other than the PAC and gets some PT. And I hope we upgrade.

"Kids these days think they better than they really are..."

To be fair, most all of us in the workforce continue this belief for many years.

5 players added to the list today

To be fair, most all of us in the workforce continue this belief for many years.
true but you have to show it and add value to the team. People today think that presence is enough.

To continue to be fair, most of us in the workforce aren't forced to show out at our top levels weekly and have all of our weaknesses on display for everyone, like Strib.

What puzzles me about Strib is, given his inability to catch the ball proficiently, what are his expectations when entering the portal? I'd really like to be a fly on the wall for some of these conversations when they make the decision to bail.

To continue to be fair, most of us in the workforce aren't forced to show out at our top levels weekly and have all of our weaknesses on display for everyone, like Strib.

What puzzles me about Strib is, given his inability to catch the ball proficiently, what are his expectations when entering the portal? I'd really like to be a fly on the wall for some of these conversations when they make the decision to bail.

Good points.

I don't see how he gets into a better situation.

I hope finds a better situation and thrives there.

My understanding was that Stribling didn't adjust to Pullman and the winter weather and his decision to leave wasn't based on money or any animosity towards WSU or the coaches.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT