ADVERTISEMENT

Oregon 2015

Loyal Coug

Hall Of Fame
Sep 27, 2003
Sitting up way too late watching the replay of WSU-Oregon 2015. I admit that I didn't remember this OT victory.

Geez - Cougs down 10 in the 4th, score with 7 seconds left to tie it, then win in OT. Falk, Morrow, and the guys that aren't here anymore. Mata'afa the freshman out there.

Falk throws for 500 yards. Morrow kicks ass. Yeah we are going to kick their ass on Saturday.

Sitting up way too late watching the replay of WSU-Oregon 2015. I admit that I didn't remember this OT victory.

Geez - Cougs down 10 in the 4th, score with 7 seconds left to tie it, then win in OT. Falk, Morrow, and the guys that aren't here anymore. Mata'afa the freshman out there.

Falk throws for 500 yards. Morrow kicks ass. Yeah we are going to kick their ass on Saturday.

Falk gave an interview stating that was the game that gave our team a massive dose of confidence. I think it was a program changer.

Falk gave an interview stating that was the game that gave our team a massive dose of confidence. I think it was a program changer.

It was a program changer for both. Even though the Ducks won a lot more games that year, nobody "feared" Oregon anymore and almost every game was a struggle for them. For us, we knew that we could beat a team that had just played in the national championship game.

It was a program changer for both. Even though the Ducks won a lot more games that year, nobody "feared" Oregon anymore and almost every game was a struggle for them. For us, we knew that we could beat a team that had just played in the national championship game.

I doubt Oregon fans would credit this particular game as the turning point for them. They were obliterated 2 weeks prior by Utah. I'm not going to go back and look, but I have to think the 42 point beatdown was the worst Oregon had suffered in over a decade.

I doubt Oregon fans would credit this particular game as the turning point for them. They were obliterated 2 weeks prior by Utah. I'm not going to go back and look, but I have to think the 42 point beatdown was the worst Oregon had suffered in over a decade.
Probably haven't been beat down like that since we beat them down 55-16 in 2003 at Autzen.

Reactions: Fab5Coug

Fair enough. My thought was that losing big to Utah was a bad sign, but when you lose to 3-9 WSU? The sky really is falling.

Reactions: Fab5Coug
But, there's a quiet saying in these parts (Oregon) and goes something like "anyone but Washington State". That goes for many Oregon State fans since 2000'. Listening to talk radio in Portland went from "how did that happen" after their earlier loss to "THAT can't happen" when they lost to WSU.

But, there's a quiet saying in these parts (Oregon) and goes something like "anyone but Washington State". That goes for many Oregon State fans since 2000'. Listening to talk radio in Portland went from "how did that happen" after their earlier loss to "THAT can't happen" when they lost to WSU.
That's conveniently forgetting a lot of history especially in OSU's case.

Keep in mind that there were rag writers picking OSU and UO over WSU this season. When I told people that the Cougs had a 4th year starter at QB, the largest oline in the Pac12 with a returning All-American and like 10 seniors on defense....they just said "really''?

I've watched the 4th quarter and overtimes of this game many times. The game had everything. A great comeback --some strange bounces--and not surprisingly some horrible calls. Through it all the Cougs keep it going. I believe it was the game that made it clear that the Cougs were serious contenders.
We were a missed field goal against Stanford from making it to the championship game that year.

I've watched the 4th quarter and overtimes of this game many times. The game had everything. A great comeback --some strange bounces--and not surprisingly some horrible calls. Through it all the Cougs keep it going. I believe it was the game that made it clear that the Cougs were serious contenders.
We were a missed field goal against Stanford from making it to the championship game that year.

And last year it came down to the Apple Cup.... That's two years in a row we were legit contending for the North. This season is our best shot at getting over that hump!

And last year it came down to the Apple Cup.... That's two years in a row we were legit contending for the North. This season is our best shot at getting over that hump!
That's why we need to go down to Autzen and lay an absolute beat down to those Fugly Ducks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT